Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Man if he can become Larkin 2.0 with better passing and worse shooting , with a better defensive IQ, that’s kind of exactly the type of C we need. I hope he plays in Detroit next year. I can see him making the team like Larkin did in his D+2.

Sign Stamkos and put him beside Danielson as a mentor and watch the Calder come back to Detroit.
No one is taking that away from Macklin Celebrini.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m having trouble finding out where the Portland vs Prince George stands. Is it done? The Saskatoon vs Moose Jaw series is going to game seven. Five OT games so far

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
I’m having trouble finding out where the Portland vs Prince George stands. Is it done? The Saskatoon vs Moose Jaw series is going to game seven. Five OT games so far

Portland up 3-2, believe next game is tomorrow night.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Only Corey Pronman was high on him, so I was surprised we took him. Wonder what he likes for this draft

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It is kind of funny how Yzerman interviewed Bedard to get the skinny on Danielson. You have to love how Yzerman thinks.
I am pretty sure he scouted him pretty good and that interview was just something extra

• Wow
Reactions: PullHard

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I am pretty sure he scouted him pretty good and that interview was just something extra
Thanks for stating the obvious.

I doubt many interviews are done just to scout another player.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Thanks for stating the obvious.

I doubt many interviews are done just to scout another player.

Considering they're friends, it doesn't really mean much anyways.

Connor Bedard on his bond with Nate Danielson, the Detroit Red Wings’ 9th overall pick: “He’s awesome, he’s someone that I’m really close with and to be able to be here with him and a lot of friends — hearing the news he just got taken. It’s so incredible.”pic.twitter.com/FFt3Uf9TSw

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Only Corey Pronman was high on him, so I was surprised we took him. Wonder what he likes for this draft

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Any team interviewing Bedard at the Combine or really at any time post-Lottery would have asked Bedard a question or two about other Draft eligible players. Bedard may not be friends with them all, but he would know the good ones and played against all the other WHL guys and with OHL and Q guys too at multiple camps and IIHF tournaments. He wouldn't know who Detroit was interested in unless asked outright about Danielson, which would be a dumb way for SY or whoever to phrase a question that didn't have an obvious answer. If Bedard's answer to who the toughest opponent he faced had been Benson, Yager or Heidt, we would never have heard about it. Since we know Danielson is a really good defensive player, I think we can take Bedard's reputed endorsement of him as an honest answer.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Seems like Yakemchuk is second tier , higher than others. Another rhd , don't know what to think

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Good game, fast and intense between two equally matched teams. Officiating an issue as usual. Missed a high-sticking penalty to Portland at tail end of a PG PP. Danielson tripped late on a rush and not called, followed by a Danielson one-timer from a good spot off-target. Danielson just eats up the middle of the ice defensively but very little time with the puck. PG has had slightly better/more chances.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Portland wins in 2OT, a shot the PG g,oalie, who had been great, probably should have stopped. Portland had great chances in first OT including one set up by Nate, and PG almost scored just before the winning goal. Nate was on the ice but contributed more to the chance PG had than to his team's winning goal. Good game by him overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad