A SENSational Story

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
cropped_GettyImages-1241255245.jpg

Stamkos and Lightning: A Bond Beyond the Stanley Cup​

In a thrilling seven-game showdown, the Tampa Bay Lightning secured their claim to the Stanley Cup, overcoming the formidable challenge posed by the Edmonton Oilers. As the confetti settles and the echoes of celebration reverberate through the hockey world, one name stands out — Steven Stamkos.

A Captivating Final Series​

The Stanley Cup Final between the Lightning and the Oilers was nothing short of a hockey spectacle. With each game rife with intensity, skill, and dramatic moments, the series unfolded as a testament to the resilience and determination of both teams. In the end, it was the Lightning that emerged victorious, hoisting the coveted Cup once again.

Stamkos: A Captain's Performance​

Throughout the series, Steven Stamkos led by example. As the captain of the Lightning, he showcased a blend of skill, tenacity, and leadership that inspired his teammates. Whether it was a critical goal, a crucial assist, or a moment of rallying the troops, Stamkos played a pivotal role in securing the championship.

Lightning Strikes Twice: Back-to-Back Glory​

For the Tampa Bay Lightning, this championship marks not just a title defense but a statement of sustained excellence. Winning the Stanley Cup in back-to-back seasons is a rare feat, and the Lightning, led by Stamkos, etched their names in history as one of the elite franchises in the modern era of the NHL.

Stamkos' Love for Tampa Bay​

As the celebration ensues, Steven Stamkos made a statement that echoed through the hearts of Lightning fans worldwide. "Tampa is my home. I never want to leave," declared Stamkos, expressing a deep-rooted connection with the city, the team, and the fans. His commitment to the Lightning goes beyond the ice, reflecting a loyalty rarely seen in the modern, ever-changing landscape of professional sports.

Contract Extension Talks​

Stamkos' statement has sparked conversations about a potential contract extension. The Lightning faithful can now dare to dream of seeing their captain don the iconic blue and white jersey for more seasons to come. Negotiations may be in the works, but Stamkos' proclamation of love for Tampa Bay adds an emotional dimension to the contractual discussions.

A Legacy in the Making​

For Steven Stamkos, this championship isn't just another accolade; it's another chapter in a legacy that continues to unfold. The bond between Stamkos and the Lightning has evolved into a story of loyalty, dedication, and shared triumphs. If a contract extension is indeed on the horizon, it will solidify Stamkos as a cornerstone of the Lightning's storied history.

As the euphoria of the Stanley Cup victory settles in Tampa Bay, fans can take pride in knowing that their captain, Steven Stamkos, not only brought home the championship but also expressed a desire to keep calling Tampa Bay his home. In a league marked by transactions and shifts, Stamkos' commitment to the Lightning adds a touch of timeless loyalty to the narrative of the game.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

CTLMockDraft.png

2023 NHL Draft: Top 10 Prospects and Mock Draft Analysis​

The 2023 NHL Draft promises to be a pivotal moment for franchises as they look to infuse young talent into their rosters. With a wealth of promising prospects available, each team faces a unique set of needs and opportunities. Here's a closer look at the top 10 prospects and a mock draft analysis for the upcoming selections.

Top 10 Prospects​

1. Cole Eiserman - LW (USNTDP): A scoring machine at just 17, Eiserman's 54 goals and 84 points in 60 games showcase his undeniable offensive prowess. He's projected to be a first-line forward with the potential to transform any team's offensive capabilities.
  2. Macklin Celebrini - LW (Boston University): Celebrini's 19 goals and 37 points in 34 games at Boston University make him a tantalizing prospect. At 18, he possesses first-line potential, and his scoring ability could make him a game-changer at the NHL level.
  3. Alexis Doucet - RW (Sherbrooke): Despite a relatively modest 11 goals and 19 points in 43 games, Doucet brings versatility and a solid two-way game. With third-line potential, he could evolve into a valuable asset for any team.
  4. Igor Chernyshov - RW (Dynamo MSK): Chernyshov's 18-year-old season with 7 goals and 9 points in 24 games showcases his raw talent. With second-line potential, he's a prospect that teams might view as a long-term investment.
  5. Kieron Walton - LW (Sudbury): Walton's 11 goals and 17 points in 62 games might not leap off the stat sheet, but his potential as a second-line winger could make him an attractive option for teams seeking offensive depth.
  6. Arom Kiviharju - LD (HIFK): As an 18-year-old defenseman with 9 goals and 27 points in 50 games, Kiviharju possesses top-two defenseman potential. His ability to contribute offensively from the blue line is a coveted asset.
  7. Zayne Parekh - RD (Saginaw): Parekh's 3 goals and 20 points in 48 games showcase his offensive capabilities from the blue line. With top-two defenseman potential, he could be a valuable addition to a team looking to strengthen its defensive core.
  8. Marcus Kearsey - LD (Charlottetown): Kearsey's 3 goals and 12 points in 39 games highlight his potential as a top-two defenseman. Teams in need of defensive stability may find him an attractive option.
  9. Kamil Bednarik - C (USNTDP): As a teammate of Cole Eiserman, Bednarik's 22 goals and 37 points in 53 games position him as a prospect with third-line potential. His chemistry with Eiserman could be a factor for teams seeking a dynamic duo.
  10. Mitch Hardin - Winger (Guelph): Hardin's 11 goals and 23 points in 65 games suggest he has the potential to be a second-line winger. His scoring ability and offensive instincts make him an intriguing prospect.

Mock Draft Analysis​

1. Chicago: Cole Eiserman (LW)
  2. San Jose: Macklin Celebrini (LW)
  3. Columbus: Alexis Doucet (RW)
  4. Calgary: Arom Kiviharju (LD)
  5. Washington: Zayne Parekh (RD)
  6. Anaheim: Kieron Walton (LW)
  7. St. Louis: Igor Chernyshov (RW)
  8. Montreal: Marcus Kearsey (LD)
  9. Philadelphia: Kamil Bednarik (C)
  10. Buffalo: Mitch Hardin (Winger)
For the Ottawa Senators, who possess the 15th and 16th picks acquired from Detroit, this draft offers a unique opportunity to add depth and talent to their prospect pool. With several top-tier prospects available, the Senators are poised to make impactful selections that could shape the future of the franchise. The depth of this draft class provides a wealth of options, and Senators fans can eagerly anticipate the emergence of new talent in the red and white.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
TOP 10 DRAFT.

1. Chicago: Cole Eiserman (LW)
2. San Jose: Macklin Celebrini (LW)
3. Columbus: Alexis Doucet (RW)
4. Calgary: Kieron Walton (LW)
5. Washington: Eric Olsson (18 year old goalie playing in Fargo. Was projected #12)
6. Anaheim: Zakhar Mescheriakov (17 year old LD playing for SKA-1946. Was projected 16th.)
7. Blues: Zayne Parekh (RD)
8. Montreal: Quinn Kennedy (18 year old C playing for Rimouski. Was projected 14th
9. Philly: Igor Chernyshov (RW)
10: Buffalo: Mitch Hardin (winger)

Panel Discussion: Disagreements and Debates on the NHL Draft Picks

Moderator:
Welcome, hockey fans, to our panel discussion on the recently concluded NHL draft. We have our esteemed analysts Ben Dover, Phil McCracken, Phil R. Up, and Hugh G. Rection. Let's dive right into it.

Moderator: The first pick, Cole Eiserman, went to the Chicago Blackhawks. Ben, your thoughts?

Ben Dover: I'm not sold on Eiserman as the number one pick. Sure, he had a great season, but Chicago could have addressed other needs. I'd have gone with Celebrini or even Doucet for that first pick.

Phil McCracken: (nodding) I have to agree with Ben here. Celebrini's goal-scoring ability is something to behold. Eiserman is undoubtedly talented, but it might be a stretch for the top spot.

Moderator: San Jose picked Macklin Celebrini second. Any disagreements here?

Phil R. Up: Celebrini is a solid pick, in my opinion. His production at Boston University speaks volumes. San Jose made a wise choice, especially considering their need for offensive firepower.

Hugh G. Rection: I'm not sure I agree. I see Celebrini as more of a risk. We can't forget his relatively low sample size compared to Eiserman. I might have gone with Doucet for the Sharks.

Moderator: Moving on to the third pick, Columbus selected Alexis Doucet. Thoughts?

Ben Dover: I've got to say, Columbus nailed this one. Doucet's two-way game and versatility make him a perfect fit. I'd even argue he could've gone higher.

Phil McCracken: (smirking) I hate to admit it, but I think Ben might be onto something here. Doucet's ability to contribute offensively while being responsible defensively is valuable.

Moderator: Now, Calgary went with Kieron Walton at number four. Any objections?

Hugh G. Rection: Walton is a good pick, but I think Calgary might have missed an opportunity to grab a top-tier defenseman. Kiviharju was still on the board.

Phil R. Up: I have to agree with Hugh here. Kiviharju has the potential to be a top-two defenseman, a rare commodity in the league.

Moderator: Washington surprised everyone by selecting goaltender Eric Olsson at number five. Thoughts?

Ben Dover: (raising an eyebrow) Olsson at five? I'm not convinced. There were more pressing needs for Washington. A goalie in the first round is always a gamble.

Phil McCracken: Goalies are always a wildcard, but if Olsson pans out, Washington will look like geniuses. It's a high-risk, high-reward move.

Moderator: Moving on to the sixth pick, Anaheim chose Zakhar Mescheriakov. Thoughts?

Hugh G. Rection: Mescheriakov is a bit of a reach here. Anaheim could have addressed other areas, perhaps a more immediate need.

Phil R. Up: True, but his projection was 16th, and they got him at six. That's value. Plus, strengthening the blue line is never a bad move.

Moderator: The Blues selected Zayne Parekh at seven. Any objections?

Ben Dover: Parekh is a great pick. He's got the potential to be a top-two defenseman, and the Blues desperately needed that.

Phil McCracken: (nodding) I agree. Solid choice by the Blues. Parekh's offensive abilities from the blue line are a game-changer.

Moderator: Montreal surprised everyone by taking Quinn Kennedy at eight. Thoughts?

Hugh G. Rection: Kennedy was projected 11th. I think Montreal could have grabbed him a bit later and used this pick to address a more immediate need.

Phil R. Up: But think about the value they got. Kennedy at eight is a steal. His versatility and scoring ability make him a valuable asset.

Moderator: Philadelphia took Igor Chernyshov at nine. Thoughts?

Ben Dover: Chernyshov is a good pick for Philly. He brings offensive flair to the forward lines, something they've been lacking.

Hugh G. Rection: I'm not sold. Philly needed a more well-rounded player at this spot. Chernyshov might be a liability defensively.

Moderator: And finally, Buffalo selected Mitch Hardin at ten. Any disagreements?

Phil McCracken: Hardin is a solid pick for Buffalo. His scoring ability could add another dimension to their offense.

Ben Dover: (nodding) I agree. Hardin has second-line potential, and Buffalo could use some more scoring depth.

Moderator: Thank you, gentlemen, for your insights. It seems like we have some disagreements, making this draft class even more intriguing. We'll have to wait and see how these picks pan out on the ice.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

image.png

Ottawa Senators Draft: Building for the Future​

The Ottawa Senators entered the 2023 NHL Draft with high hopes and a vision for the future. With a mix of exciting young talent and strategic picks, the Senators aimed to address both immediate needs and long-term goals.

First Round Picks:​

15th Overall - EJ Emery (RD, USNDTP):​

The selection of EJ Emery at the 15th overall pick brings a promising right-handed pointman to the Senators' prospect pool. Emery, hailing from the USNDTP, possesses the skills and vision to contribute to Ottawa's blue line in the coming years.

16th Overall - Frankie Marreli (LD, Ottawa 67s):​

Opting for a local talent, the Senators picked up Frankie Marreli, a 19-year-old left defenseman from the Ottawa 67s. Marreli's experience in the OHL adds depth to the Senators' defensive prospects and highlights the organization's commitment to nurturing local talent.

Later Round Selections:​

35th Overall - Sidney Deslauriers (RW, Moncton):​

The Senators continued to strengthen their forward prospects by selecting Sidney Deslauriers at the 35th spot. With third-line potential, Deslauriers brings scoring ability and depth to the right wing position.

111th Overall - Jacob Battaglia (RW, Kingston):​

In the fourth round, the Senators added Jacob Battaglia, a 18-year-old right winger from Kingston. With potential for a fourth-line role, Battaglia adds grit and depth to the forward lines.

112th Overall - Dylan Ernst (G, Kamloops):​

Choosing Dylan Ernst at 112, the Senators addressed goaltending depth. However, the 20-year-old comes with injury concerns, making this pick a calculated risk that could pay dividends if Ernst can overcome his health challenges.

128th Overall - Yegor Surin (C, Loto):​

In the fifth round, the Senators picked up Yegor Surin, a 17-year-old center from Loto. While young, Surin's potential as a center adds versatility to the Senators' prospect pool.

143rd Overall - Juhani LuhTavaara (LW, Karpat):​

Adding an international flavor to their selections, the Senators chose Finnish LW Juhani LuhTavaara at 143. The 20-year-old forward currently playing for Karpat brings experience and a different dimension to the left wing position.

175th Overall - A.J Carey (Forward, Fargo):​

With the 175th pick, the Senators selected A.J Carey, an 18-year-old forward from Fargo. However, there are early concerns about Carey's development, with some speculating that he might not live up to the initial expectations.

Analysis and Outlook:​

The Senators' draft strategy appears well-balanced, addressing various positions and potential roles within the team. EJ Emery and Frankie Marreli provide depth on the blue line, while the forward selections in Sidney Deslauriers and Jacob Battaglia add scoring potential.

The choice of Dylan Ernst is a gamble, considering his injury history, but if he can stay healthy, the Senators might have secured a reliable goaltender. Yegor Surin and Juhani LuhTavaara offer international flair and positional diversity.

However, the concerns around A.J Carey highlight the unpredictable nature of drafting. It's a reminder that not every pick, even in later rounds, guarantees success.

As these young prospects develop and find their place within the Senators' system, only time will tell if this draft class becomes the foundation for a future contender in Ottawa.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
655083bf-cc31-4ffa-bfcf-d2cab2c5c85b

Welcome, Sens fans! We've assembled a panel of esteemed analysts to debate and dissect the 2023 Senators lineup. Let's hear from our panelists:

Host: Welcome, Phil McCracken, Hugh G. Rection, Justin Credible, Ben Dover, and Phill R. Upp. Let's kick off with your thoughts on the forward lines. McCracken, what's your take?

McCracken: Well, you can't ignore the firepower on that top line. Tkachuk, Stutzle, and Giroux bring a perfect blend of grit, skill, and playmaking ability. It's a line that can dominate possession and put points on the board.

Host: Interesting! Hugh, do you agree?

Rection: Absolutely, McCracken. But let's not overlook the second line. Kubalik, Norris, and Tarasenko – that's a trio that can light up the scoreboard. The depth in these lines is impressive and provides the Senators with multiple scoring threats.

Host: Great insights. Now, Ben Dover, what are your thoughts on the defensive pairings?

Dover: I'm not sold on this lineup, especially the second defensive pairing. Brannstrom and Zub? Seriously? Brannstrom hasn't proven himself, and Zub is not reliable in that role. We need an upgrade there. Trade Brannstrom and get someone more dependable.

Host: Strong stance, Ben. Justin, your thoughts?

Credible: I think Ben is being a bit too harsh. Brannstrom might need more time to develop, but he's shown glimpses of promise. The Chabot-Chychrun pairing is formidable, and the third pairing of Sanderson and Bernard-Docker is exciting for the future.

Host: Phill R. Upp, your take on the forward lines?

Upp: The top two lines look solid, but the third and fourth lines raise concerns. Joseph, Kastelic, and Batherson lack experience, and the fourth line seems like a mishmash. I'd like to see more balance throughout the lineup.

Host: Thank you, Phill. It's clear we have diverse opinions on this lineup. Sens fans, share your thoughts in the comments below! The 2023 season promises to be an intriguing one for the Ottawa Senators. #GoSensGo 🏒🔴⚫⚪

Host: Indeed, the diversity of opinions reflects the passion within the Sens fanbase. Now, let's circle back to Ben Dover. Ben, you're adamant about trading Brannstrom. What's your reasoning?

Dover: Look, Brannstrom has had his chances, and he hasn't delivered. We need a reliable presence on that second pairing, someone who can contribute defensively and offensively. Trading Brannstrom for a more established defenseman is a move the Sens should seriously consider.

Host: Strong words. McCracken, your response?

McCracken: While I understand the desire for a more proven defenseman, I think Brannstrom still has potential. It might be premature to give up on him entirely. Development takes time, and he's shown flashes of skill. Patience could pay off in the long run.

Host: Interesting perspective. Justin, do you think the defensive pairings need tweaking?

Credible: I agree with McCracken. Brannstrom is young, and we've seen how defensemen can take time to find their groove. It's a long season, and we should give him the chance to prove himself. The Chabot-Chychrun pairing is strong, and there's potential in the Sanderson-Bernard-Docker pairing.

Host: Hugh, your thoughts on Brannstrom?

Rection: I'm with Ben on this one. We need to be competitive now, and if there's an opportunity to upgrade the second pairing, we should take it. Brannstrom's potential is there, but potential doesn't win games. We need results.

Host: Phill R. Upp, any final thoughts on the lineup?

Upp: The debate on Brannstrom is valid, but let's not forget the big picture. The Senators have assembled a roster with a mix of youth and experience. A bit of experimentation might be necessary early in the season, but it's essential to stay flexible and adapt to the evolving dynamics.

Host: Well said, Phill. Sens fans, the 2023 season is poised to be a journey filled with surprises and challenges. Keep the discussion going in the comments below! What changes would you make to the lineup? #GoSensGo 🏒🔴⚫⚪

What is this? Brannstrom isn't even on the 2nd pairing.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
vlad-article.gif

Sensational Developments: Tarasenko's Decision and Kubalik's Departure​

In a surprising turn of events, the Ottawa Senators find themselves amidst major changes as two key players make significant decisions regarding their future with the organization.

Tarasenko's House on the Market​

The Ottawa real estate scene is abuzz as Vladimir Tarasenko, the Russian sniper who donned the Senators' jersey last season, has listed his house for sale at a whopping $3.1 million. This move has sparked speculation about the star winger's intentions for the upcoming season.

Tarasenko, who contributed 26 goals and 52 points in 82 games during his stint with Ottawa, appears to be exploring the possibility of joining a contender in free agency. While open to renegotiating with the Senators, the star forward has made it clear that the terms must be right for him to consider staying in Ottawa. This decision comes in the wake of the Senators' attempt to trade veteran Claude Giroux, a move that didn't sit well with Tarasenko.

The dynamic winger's potential departure adds uncertainty to the Senators' offensive lineup and puts them in a precarious position as they navigate the upcoming free agency period.

Kubalik's Desire for Change​

In another twist, Dominik Kubalik, who contributed 15 goals and 31 points in 70 games last season, has expressed his desire to part ways with the Senators. Unable to reach a consensus on contract terms with the organization, Kubalik has decided to explore free agency in search of a new opportunity.

The departure of Kubalik, a talented winger known for his offensive flair, adds another layer of complexity to the Senators' roster dynamics. His decision to test free agency reflects the challenges teams face in aligning player expectations with salary cap constraints.

The Senators' Response​

With two key contributors potentially on the move, the Ottawa Senators find themselves at a crossroads. General Manager Pierre Dorion will undoubtedly face challenges in reshaping the roster to maintain competitiveness in the upcoming season.

The negotiations with Tarasenko will be closely monitored by Senators fans, who have seen the Russian forward become a key part of the team's offensive identity. The possibility of losing both Tarasenko and Kubalik in the offseason raises questions about the team's offensive depth moving forward.

As the Senators navigate these developments, the eyes of the hockey world will be on Ottawa, eager to see how the organization responds to these unexpected twists and turns. The upcoming free agency period promises to be a crucial time for the Senators as they work to shape a roster that can contend in the highly competitive landscape of the NHL.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
e9d899_7abef5e214604cf5a692465ae715f0f6~mv2.jpg

"NHL Free Agency Frenzy: Top Targets and Teams' Desires"​

As the NHL free agency period kicks off, teams are eyeing top-tier talent to bolster their rosters for the upcoming season. Here's a closer look at some marquee free agents and the reasons why multiple teams are vying for their services.

1. LD Devon Toews - Targeted by Chicago and Montreal​

After a standout season with the Colorado Avalanche, Devon Toews has become a highly sought-after defenseman. Teams like Chicago and Montreal are eager to secure Toews, recognizing his ability to contribute both defensively and offensively. His smooth skating and puck-moving skills make him an attractive asset for teams looking to fortify their blue line.

2. Winger William Nylander - No Reported Interest Yet​

Despite his impressive stint with the Toronto Maple Leafs, winger William Nylander surprisingly finds himself without reported interest from other teams. Nylander's offensive prowess and versatility could potentially make him a late bloomer in the free agency market. Keep an eye out for unexpected suitors entering the Nylander sweepstakes.

3. G Connor Hellebuyck - Wanted by Multiple Teams, Especially Disinterested in Jets​

Connor Hellebuyck's stellar goaltending for the Winnipeg Jets has garnered interest from a slew of teams. The goaltender, who reportedly has some grievances with his current team, is being courted by Chicago, Anaheim, Calgary, Montreal, San Jose, Arizona, and Vegas. Hellebuyck's desire to move on from the Jets adds an extra layer of intrigue to his free agency journey.

4. G Laurent Brossoit - Winnipeg Wants Him Back​

Laurent Brossoit, who played for the Winnipeg Jets, is a player the Jets are eager to retain. The goaltender's familiarity with the team and potential as a reliable backup make him a priority for Winnipeg as they aim to solidify their goaltending depth.

5. D Noah Hanifin - A Target for Minnesota and St Louis​

Coming off a stint with the Chicago Blackhawks, Noah Hanifin has caught the eye of Minnesota and St. Louis. Hanifin's defensive acumen and ability to contribute offensively make him an appealing option for teams looking to reinforce their blue line.

6. Winger Jake DeBrusk - In Demand by Boston, Chicago, Montreal, and Vegas​

Jake DeBrusk's time with the Boston Bruins has led to significant interest from not only his current team but also Chicago, Montreal, and Vegas. DeBrusk's scoring ability and versatility as a winger have made him a hot commodity in the free-agent market.

7. RW Sam Reinhart - Drawing Interest from Boston, Montreal, Sharks, and Vegas​

Sam Reinhart, who played for the Florida Panthers, has attracted attention from several teams, including Boston, Montreal, the Sharks, and Vegas. His scoring ability and versatility as a right-winger make him a coveted asset for teams looking to add offensive firepower.

8. RD Tyson Barrie - Desired by Chicago, Arizona, and Toronto​

After a season with the Nashville Predators, Tyson Barrie has become a target for teams like Chicago, Arizona, and Toronto. Barrie's offensive contributions from the blue line make him an enticing option for teams seeking power-play prowess.

9. RW Vladimir Tarasenko - No Reported Interest, Firm on Not Going to Blues or Sens​

Despite his impressive run with the Ottawa Senators, Vladimir Tarasenko finds himself without any reported interest as of yet. Tarasenko, adamant about not returning to the Blues or the Senators, adds a layer of uncertainty to his free agency journey.

10. RD Matt Grzelcyk - Calgary Hoping to Lure Him, Boston Wants Him Back​

Matt Grzelcyk, who played for the Boston Bruins, is in demand, with Calgary hoping to lure him away. However, Grzelcyk is reportedly keen on signing back with Boston, providing the Bruins with a chance to retain a key piece of their defensive core.

As the free agency period unfolds, the competition for these top talents will undoubtedly intensify, shaping the landscape of the NHL for the upcoming season. Stay tuned for more updates as teams make their moves in pursuit of championship aspirations.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

NHL Free Agency Fireworks: Tarasenko Headlines Major Moves​

In a whirlwind of free agency activity, several star players have found new homes, and franchises have made bold moves to reshape their rosters for the upcoming season. Here's a breakdown of the headline-making deals:

Calgary Lands Grzelcyk, Shaping Up Defense:

In a surprising move, the Calgary Flames have secured defenseman Matt Grzelcyk on a four-year deal worth $23,165,000. This unexpected acquisition strengthens Calgary's defensive lineup, adding skill and experience to their blue line.

Montreal Pulls Off Major Coup with Toews Signing:

The Montreal Canadiens have pulled off a coup by landing defenseman Devon Toews on a six-year deal valued at an impressive $60,300,000. This move significantly bolsters Montreal's defensive capabilities and signals their intent to compete at the highest level.

Hellebuyck Takes His Talents to Vegas:

In a blockbuster deal, star goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has signed a six-year contract with the Vegas Golden Knights, totaling $47,400,000. This move adds a proven netminder to the Knights' roster and elevates their chances of contending for the Stanley Cup.

Reinhart Joins Boston for Long-Term Commitment:

Winger Sam Reinhart has committed to a seven-year deal with the Boston Bruins, valued at $54,600,000. This substantial contract signals Boston's confidence in Reinhart's ability to contribute significantly to their offensive efforts.

DeBrusk Heads to Chicago in a Big-Money Deal:

Jake DeBrusk has signed an eight-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks, amounting to an impressive $60,400,000. The Windy City adds DeBrusk's offensive firepower to their lineup in a bid to bolster their chances in a competitive Central Division.

Arizona Bolsters Blue Line with Tyson Barrie:

The Arizona Coyotes have strengthened their defensive corps by signing Tyson Barrie to a three-year deal worth $19,840,000. Barrie's offensive skills from the blue line bring a new dimension to Arizona's defensive strategy.

Hanifin Commits Long-Term to Chicago:

Noah Hanifin has extended his stay with the Chicago Blackhawks, signing an eight-year deal valued at $37,760,000. This long-term commitment solidifies Hanifin's place in Chicago's defensive plans for the foreseeable future.

Tarasenko Makes Amends, Signs with Ottawa:

In a surprising turn of events, Vladimir Tarasenko has signed a six-year deal with the Ottawa Senators worth $26,880,000. Tarasenko, acknowledging a change of heart, cited management promises and the influence of teammates Chabot and Tkachuk in finalizing his decision.

Ottawa Secures Undrafted Talent in Astashevich:

The Ottawa Senators have signed 20-year-old RW Anton Astashevich, an undrafted free agent. This under-the-radar move underscores Ottawa's commitment to building a diverse and competitive roster for the future.

As the dust settles on these major free agency signings, the NHL landscape has seen significant shifts, setting the stage for an exciting and competitive season ahead. Fans across the league eagerly anticipate the on-ice results of these high-profile moves.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
trades-expansion-draft-seattle.jpg

NHL Trade Frenzy: Grading the Latest Blockbusters​

1. Philly Swaps Rights and Picks for Jarnkrok

Grade: B+

In a calculated move, Philly trades rights to promising winger Alex Ciernik along with 2025 4th and 5th-round picks to Tampa for the seasoned winger Calle Jarnkrok. A win-now approach for Philly, but the cost might be felt in the long run.

2. Arizona Adds Paul in Exchange for Rights and Picks

Grade: A-

Arizona secures the services of versatile center Nick Paul by sending the rights to LW Ben McCartney and 2025 4th and 5th-round picks to Carolina. A solid move, addressing a need while minimizing future draft impact.

3. Boston's Gamble: LeBlanc and Picks for Pierre-Olivier Joseph

Grade: C+

Boston takes a gamble by trading the rights to 18-year-old goalie Anthony LeBlanc, 2025 1st, and 2026 2nd-round picks to Pittsburgh for the rights to defenseman Pierre-Olivier Joseph. The potential payoff might be significant, but it's a high-risk, high-reward move.

4. Carolina and St. Louis Swap Fast for Mayich and Picks

Grade: B-

Carolina parts ways with RW Jasper Fast, acquiring the rights to 19-year-old LD Matthew Mayich and 2025 4th and 5th-round picks from St. Louis. A move that adds defensive depth but leaves a hole in the offensive lineup.

5. Philadelphia and Florida's Multi-Pick Deal

Grade: A*

In a blockbuster trade, Philly sends a bundle of picks (2025 2nd, 2025 3rd, 2026 2nd) to Florida for LW Eetu Luotrainen. Philly invests in immediate impact, but the future draft cupboard is significantly depleted.

6. Goaltending Legends to the Hall of Fame

Grade: A++

In a non-trade-related headline, goaltending legends Jonathan Quick and Marc-Andre Fleury are set to be immortalized in the Hockey Hall of Fame. An absolute no-brainer, these netminders have left an indelible mark on the game.

As the trade winds continue to blow, these recent deals have added spice to the NHL offseason. Teams are making strategic moves with varying degrees of risk and reward, setting the stage for a dynamic and unpredictable season ahead.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

20220824_113926.jpg

Senators Shine on the World Stage: World Cup Selections​

As the anticipation for the upcoming World Cup of Hockey builds, the Ottawa Senators find themselves well-represented with several key players selected to don their respective national jerseys. Let's take a closer look at the Senators' World Cup selections:

Team USA: Brady Tkachuk

The heart and soul of the Ottawa Senators, Brady Tkachuk, will be proudly wearing the red, white, and blue for Team USA. Tkachuk's gritty style of play and scoring ability make him a valuable asset for any team, and he is sure to be a key player for the American squad.

Team Germany: Tim Stutzle

A rising star in the NHL, Tim Stutzle, will showcase his skills on the international stage as he suits up for Team Germany. Stutzle's dynamic playmaking and offensive flair will be crucial for Germany as they aim to make an impact in the tournament.

Team Sweden: Anton Forsberg

Goaltender Anton Forsberg has been a dependable presence between the pipes for the Ottawa Senators, and now he'll be guarding the net for Team Sweden. Forsberg's steady goaltending could be a game-changer for the Swedish team.

Team Russia: Artem Zub and Vladimir Tarasenko

Two Senators players, Artem Zub and Vladimir Tarasenko, will be representing Team Russia. Zub's defensive prowess and Tarasenko's scoring touch add significant depth to Russia's lineup, making them formidable contenders in the tournament.

Team Finland: Joonas Korpisalo and Lassi Thomson

Goaltender Joonas Korpisalo and defenseman Lassi Thomson will bring their skills to Team Finland. Korpisalo's goaltending expertise and Thomson's defensive capabilities will be crucial for Finland's quest for success in the World Cup.

Team Czech: Tomas Hamara and Jiri Smejkal

The Czech Republic will have a touch of Senators' influence with Tomas Hamara and Jiri Smejkal in their ranks. These players will bring a combination of defensive stability and offensive firepower to the Czech lineup.
The Ottawa Senators' representation across various national teams underscores the international talent and diversity within the organization. As fans eagerly await the World Cup action, the Senators' players are ready to make their mark on the global stage, showcasing the skill and determination that define the NHL.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

World Cup Semi-Finals Thrill Fans: USA and Sweden Secure Final Spots​

In a night of exhilarating hockey, the World Cup Semi-Finals showcased the resilience and skill of top-tier international teams. Let's dive into the thrilling matchups:

Team USA vs Team Czech: A Five-Goal Extravaganza

In a hard-fought battle between Team USA and Team Czech, the Americans emerged victorious with a 5-3 win. Tage Thompson took center stage, scoring two crucial goals to propel the United States into the World Cup Final. The game was a showcase of offensive prowess, strategic plays, and the relentless determination of both teams.

Key Moments:

• Tage Thompson's Brilliance: Thompson's two goals, including a crucial one in the late stages, showcased his scoring ability in high-pressure situations.
  • Czech's Tenacity: Despite the loss, Team Czech displayed resilience, battling until the final whistle in an attempt to stage a comeback.
Final Score: USA 5 - 3 Czech

Sweden vs Canada: OT Drama Unfolds

In a nail-biting clash between Team Sweden and Team Canada, the game extended into overtime, providing fans with an extra dose of suspense. The hero of the night was Andre Burkovsky, who not only scored the game-tying goal but also netted the overtime winner, securing Sweden's spot in the World Cup Final.

Key Moments:

• Burkovsky's Overtime Brilliance: The Russian forward's overtime heroics, scoring both the game-tying and game-winning goals, etched his name in the tournament's history.
  • Canada's Grit: Team Canada fought valiantly, showcasing their skill and determination, but fell just short in the overtime period.
Final Score: Sweden 3 - 2 Canada (OT)

The World Cup Final is now set, featuring a showdown between Team USA and Team Sweden. As these two hockey powerhouses prepare to clash, fans can expect a thrilling conclusion to a tournament filled with breathtaking moments and unforgettable plays. The World Cup trophy awaits, and only one team will emerge as the ultimate champion. Get ready for a grand finale that promises to leave a lasting mark on hockey history.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

lgowme1gwfnm2srnawl7
Sweden Clinches Gold: World Cup Final Triumph Over USA​

In a thrilling conclusion to the World Cup of Hockey, Team Sweden emerged victorious in the championship clash against Team USA. The game showcased the best of international hockey, featuring skillful plays, strategic maneuvers, and intense competition.

Sweden's Golden Performance

Key Moments:

1. Early Dominance: Sweden asserted their dominance early in the game, showcasing precision passing and clinical finishing to build a lead in the first period.
  2. USA's Fightback: Team USA, known for their resilience, mounted a comeback in the second period, narrowing the gap and setting the stage for a nail-biting finale.
  3. Burkovsky's Impact: Andre Burkovsky, the overtime hero in the semi-final, continued his stellar performance, contributing crucial goals for Sweden in the final game.
  4. Defensive Excellence: Sweden's defensive unit, anchored by Anton Forsberg in goal, demonstrated resilience and composure, thwarting USA's offensive onslaught.
  5. Crowning Moment: As the final buzzer sounded, Sweden celebrated their 5-3 victory, securing the coveted gold medal in front of an ecstatic fan base.

USA Claims Silver with Determined Effort

Key Takeaways:

1. Tage Thompson's Brilliance: Despite the loss, Tage Thompson once again showcased his scoring prowess, contributing to USA's offensive efforts.
  2. Team Effort: Team USA displayed commendable teamwork and determination throughout the tournament, earning them a well-deserved silver medal.
  3. Promising Future: The World Cup served as a platform for emerging talents in the American squad, highlighting the nation's depth in hockey.

Celebrating Hockey Excellence

The World Cup of Hockey has been a spectacle of hockey excellence, featuring intense competition, unexpected twists, and unforgettable moments. Sweden's triumph stands as a testament to their skill, teamwork, and ability to navigate challenges on the global stage.

As the players bask in the glory of their achievements, and fans revel in the excitement of the tournament, the World Cup of Hockey has once again showcased the universal appeal and unifying power of the sport. Until the next international showdown, hockey enthusiasts worldwide will cherish the memories created in this exhilarating competition.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

NHL Waiver Wire Whirlwind: Senators, Canucks, and Blues Make Moves​

The NHL waiver wire has been buzzing with activity as teams make strategic moves to bolster their rosters. From Ottawa to Vancouver and St. Louis to Vegas, several notable players have found new homes. Let's break down the recent transactions:

Ottawa Senators Claim Jacob MacDonald from Sharks

In a bid to strengthen their defensive lineup, the Ottawa Senators have claimed Jacob MacDonald (D) off waivers from the San Jose Sharks. MacDonald's addition adds depth to the Senators' blue line, and fans eagerly anticipate his contributions on the ice.

Vancouver Canucks Secure Ethan Bear from Buffalo

Ethan Bear (D), who previously played a season in Vancouver, has returned to the Canucks after being claimed off waivers from the Buffalo Sabres. This move brings Bear back to familiar territory and provides the Canucks with a familiar face on the blue line.

Joey Anderson Heads to St. Louis from Chicago

St. Louis Blues make a significant move by claiming Joey Anderson off waivers from the Chicago Blackhawks. Anderson, having spent two years in Chicago, now joins the Blues' lineup, adding depth and versatility to their forward group.

Vegas Golden Knights Acquire David Gustafsson from Winnipeg

Vegas has strengthened their forward corps by claiming left-winger David Gustafsson off waivers from the Winnipeg Jets. In response, Winnipeg puts LW Axel Jonsson Fjallby on waivers, a strategic move to navigate the roster.

Vegas Signs Dominik Kubalik from Ottawa

In a surprising move, the Vegas Golden Knights have signed former Ottawa Senators player Dominik Kubalik to a one-year deal worth $1.3 million. Kubalik's addition adds offensive firepower to Vegas, showcasing the team's commitment to building a competitive roster.

The waiver wire has proven to be a dynamic landscape where teams strategically make moves to address their immediate needs and fortify their lineups. As these players settle into their new teams, fans eagerly anticipate seeing how these acquisitions will impact the dynamics of the upcoming NHL season. The league continues to be a hotbed of activity, providing hockey enthusiasts with excitement on and off the ice.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
Weekly_Lost_Found.jpg

NHL Prospects Report: Top 10 Rising Stars​

As the NHL season approaches, anticipation is building among hockey fans to witness the next generation of talent taking center stage. Here's a breakdown of the top 10 prospects to keep an eye on, along with their respective grades:

1. Frank Nazar (RW) - Chicago Blackhawks

Grade: A+

• Nazar's exceptional skills and performance in the Blackhawks system earn him the top spot. His development since being drafted #13 in 2022 is evident, making him a player to watch in the upcoming season.

2. Simon Nemec (RD) - New Jersey Devils

Grade: A

• With nine NHL games under his belt, Nemec has already showcased his ability to compete at the highest level. As the New Jersey Devils' defensive prospect, his potential impact on the blue line is highly anticipated.

3. Cole Eiserman (LW) - Chicago Blackhawks

• The left-winger, drafted #1 in 2024, has generated significant buzz. While Eiserman has immense potential, he will need some time to prove his worth in the NHL.

4. Prokhor Poltapov (RW) - CSKA (Sabres rights)

• Despite being drafted #33 in 2021, Poltapov remains a notable prospect with the Sabres holding his rights. His performance in the CSKA system will be closely monitored as Buffalo fans hope for a future impact.

5. Danila Yurov (RW) - Minnesota

Grade: B

• Yurov, drafted #24 in 2022, is an exciting prospect for the Minnesota Wild. His progress in the upcoming season will be crucial in determining his readiness for the NHL.

6. Andrew Cristall (LW) - Washington

• Cristall, drafted #40 in 2023, has potential, but his ranking reflects the need for continued development. A strong season could elevate his standing in the prospect pool.

7. Yaroslav Tsulygin (RD) - Salavat Yulaev

• The defenseman, drafted #24 in 2024, shows promise, but playing in international leagues can make direct comparisons challenging. His transition to North American play will be key.

8. Marat Khusnutdinov (C) - Minnesota (Undrafted)

Grade: C

• As an undrafted prospect, Khusnutdinov's journey to the NHL is unique. His performance in Minnesota will determine if he can solidify his place among the league's top prospects.

9. Joel Blomqvist (G) - Pittsburgh

Grade: C-

• Despite impressive AHL achievements, transitioning to the NHL as a goaltender is challenging. Blomqvist's ability to adapt to the higher level will be closely scrutinized.

10. Etienne Moring (LD) - Calgary

Grade: D+

• Moring, drafted #48 in 2023, is at the lower end of the top 10. His performance will need to improve to secure a spot among the league's elite defensive prospects.
As these prospects embark on their journeys, the grades reflect their current standing and potential for growth. The upcoming season will undoubtedly shape their trajectories, and fans eagerly await their contributions to the future of the NHL.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
maxresdefault.jpg

Breaking News: Ottawa Senators and San Jose Sharks Seal Trade Deal​

In a surprising turn of events, the Ottawa Senators and San Jose Sharks have struck a deal, shaking up their respective rosters just before the start of the NHL season. Let's delve into the details of this trade and evaluate the impact on both teams.

Trade Breakdown: Ottawa Acquires Jacob Peterson

The Ottawa Senators have bolstered their forward depth by acquiring left-winger Jacob Peterson from the San Jose Sharks. Peterson, who also had a stint with the Dallas Stars, brings NHL experience and a gritty playing style to the Senators' lineup.

Jacob Peterson's Profile:

• NHL Stats: Peterson boasts 21 goals and 39 points in 128 NHL games, showcasing his ability to contribute on the scoresheet.
  • Projected Role: With his gritty style of play, Peterson is expected to slot into the Senators' fourth line, adding depth to their forward group.
  • Previous Experience: Having played for both Dallas and San Jose, Peterson's familiarity with the Western Conference could be an asset for the Senators.

San Jose Gains Draft Picks for the Future

In return for parting ways with Peterson, the San Jose Sharks have acquired future assets in the form of a 2029 2nd-round pick and a 2025 3rd-round pick from the Ottawa Senators. These picks provide San Jose with flexibility and potential opportunities in future drafts.

Analysis:

• Ottawa's Perspective: The Senators address an immediate need for forward depth by bringing in Peterson. While not a blockbuster move, it adds a seasoned player to their roster without sacrificing significant future assets. Grade: B
  • San Jose's Perspective: The Sharks, by acquiring draft picks, position themselves for future moves and potential prospect development. This move suggests a focus on long-term planning. Grade: B+

Final Thoughts: Shaping Rosters for the Season Ahead

As both teams finalize their rosters for the upcoming NHL season, this trade reflects the strategic thinking of management on both sides. Ottawa aims to enhance their immediate on-ice product, while San Jose looks to secure future assets for continued organizational development.

The true impact of this trade will unfold over the course of the season, and fans of both teams will be eagerly watching to see how Jacob Peterson's contributions and the acquired draft picks shape the narratives of the Ottawa Senators and San Jose Sharks in the competitive landscape of the NHL.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

Erik-Brannstrom-1040x572.jpg

Senators Make Bold Moves: Waivers and New Debuts Reshape Lineup​

In a surprising turn of events, the Ottawa Senators have placed several players on waivers in a strategic effort to clear cap space and make room for fresh faces. Simultaneously, the call-up of Garrett Pilon and Josh Curry has brought new energy to the team, despite a narrow 5-4 overtime loss against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Waiver Placements: Clearing Cap Space

The Senators have taken decisive steps to manage their salary cap situation by placing Mark Kastelic, Zack MacEwin, and veteran Claude Giroux on waivers. All three players will be sent to the AHL, creating much-needed financial flexibility for the team.

Analysis:

• Mark Kastelic: The young forward has shown promise but will benefit from additional development time in the AHL. Waiver Grade: B-
  • Zack MacEwin: A versatile player, MacEwin's move to the AHL could allow for more playing time and further skill development. Waiver Grade: B
  • Claude Giroux: Placing the veteran forward on waivers may be a strategic move to manage cap space. Giroux's experience and leadership will be missed if claimed. Waiver Grade: C+

Fresh Faces: Pilon and Curry Make Senators Debut

In response to the cap-clearing maneuvers, the Senators have called up 26-year-old center Garrett Pilon and 31-year-old center Josh Curry. Both players made their Senators debut on the third line in a hard-fought 5-4 overtime loss against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Debut Performance:

• Garrett Pilon: Despite the loss, Pilon's debut showcased his work ethic and adaptability on the ice. Debut Grade: B-
  • Josh Curry: The veteran Curry brought experience to the lineup but, like Pilon, was unable to secure points in the close contest. Debut Grade: C+

Looking Ahead: Balancing Act for the Senators

The Senators' decision to clear cap space indicates a commitment to long-term financial health and the development of emerging talent. The call-up of Pilon and Curry, while not resulting in a victory, provides a glimpse into the team's evolving dynamics.

As the season progresses, the Senators will face the challenge of finding the right balance between veteran leadership and nurturing young talent. The impact of these moves will become clearer in the coming weeks, and fans will be watching closely to see how the team adapts to this strategic reshaping of the roster.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

dEc-up.jpg

NHL Trade Winds: December Shakeup Grades​

The NHL trade landscape has seen significant action as teams look to bolster their rosters or realign for future success. Let's break down the recent trades up to December, grading each transaction and identifying the potential winners.

1. Tampa Bay Trades Tanner Jeannot to Buffalo

Grade: B

• Winner: Tampa Bay
    • While Jeannot is a valuable winger, Tampa Bay's acquisition of Buffalo's 2025 2nd and 3rd-round picks adds potential depth or trade assets in the upcoming drafts.

2. Tampa Bay Sends Conor Sheary to L.A for Koehn Ziemmer

• Winner: L.A
    • Conor Sheary brings veteran experience to L.A, but the inclusion of Koehn Ziemmer and draft picks makes this a balanced deal. Tampa Bay still benefits from shedding salary.

3. Islanders Trade Scott Mayfield to Philly

• Winner: Philly
    • While Mayfield is a seasoned defenseman, the rights to 19-year-old Denver Barkley and the additional draft picks offer Philly the potential for long-term gains.

4. Vegas Trades Christoffer Sedof to Calgary for Cole Schwindt

• Winner: Vegas
    • Vegas strengthens their forward depth by acquiring Cole Schwindt, adding potential offensive prowess to their lineup. Calgary gains a defenseman but may miss Schwindt's potential impact.

5. San Jose Acquires Josh Mahura from Florida

• Winner: San Jose
    • San Jose secures defensive depth with Josh Mahura, and while giving up a 2025 3rd-round pick, the trade addresses an immediate need.
These trades collectively highlight the ongoing strategic maneuvers of NHL teams as they position themselves for current and future success. The grades are subjective evaluations, considering the immediate impact and potential long-term benefits for each franchise involved. As the season progresses, the true winners of these trades will become more apparent.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

NHL Legends Honored: Hall of Fame Inductions​

In a ceremony filled with nostalgia and celebration, the Hockey Hall of Fame welcomed five remarkable individuals into its prestigious ranks. Each inductee has left an indelible mark on the NHL, showcasing skill, dedication, and a passion for the game. Let's take a closer look at the newest members of the Hockey Hall of Fame.

1. Mark Giordano

Accolades:

• Giordano, a defenseman, spent the majority of his career with the Calgary Flames.
  • Captain of the Flames, Giordano led by example, earning the Norris Trophy for the league's best defenseman in 2019.
  • Over 1,000 NHL games played and more than 500 points.
Impact:

• Giordano's leadership and defensive prowess have solidified his legacy as one of the finest blueliners in recent memory.

2. David Perron

Accolades:

• A skilled winger, Perron has had a journeyman career with notable stints in St. Louis, Edmonton, Vegas, and now back in St. Louis.
  • Over 800 NHL games played, showcasing a knack for scoring and playmaking.
Impact:

• Perron's ability to contribute offensively and his versatility on the ice have made him a valuable asset for every team he's played for.

3. Corey Perry

Accolades:

• Perry has been a prolific goal-scorer throughout his career, notably with the Anaheim Ducks where he won the Hart Trophy as league MVP in 2011.
  • Over 1,000 NHL games played, amassing over 400 goals and 400 assists.
Impact:

• Perry's gritty style of play and offensive prowess have made him a fan favorite and a respected competitor in the league.

4. Joe Pavelski

Accolades:

• Pavelski, known for his leadership and scoring ability, spent the majority of his career with the San Jose Sharks.
  • Over 1,000 NHL games played, consistently contributing as both a goal-scorer and playmaker.
Impact:

• Pavelski's contributions both on and off the ice have solidified his status as a respected figure in the league.

5. Blake Wheeler

Accolades:

• Wheeler, the Winnipeg Jets' captain, has been a consistent force on the ice throughout his career.
  • Over 1,000 NHL games played, showcasing both offensive prowess and leadership.
Impact:

• Wheeler's dedication to the game and his ability to lead by example make him a deserving addition to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Celebrating Excellence

As the newest members of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Mark Giordano, David Perron, Corey Perry, Joe Pavelski, and Blake Wheeler have etched their names into the annals of hockey history. Their contributions to the sport have left an enduring legacy, inspiring future generations of players and captivating fans around the world. The Hall of Fame inductions stand as a testament to their exceptional careers and the impact they've had on the game they love.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

NHL Trade Frenzy: A Closer Look at Recent Moves​

As the NHL season progresses, teams are actively reshaping their rosters through strategic trades. Let's delve into the details of recent transactions that have caught the attention of fans and analysts alike.

1. Vegas Trades Brayden McNabb to the Rangers

In a bid to strengthen their defensive corps, the New York Rangers have acquired defenseman Brayden McNabb from the Vegas Golden Knights. The Rangers, in return, part ways with young winger Adam Sykora and the rights to Maximillian Oswald.

Analysis:

• Winner: New York Rangers
    • The acquisition of McNabb fortifies the Rangers' blue line, adding a seasoned defenseman to their roster.

2. Colorado Swaps Cole Huckins for Ryan Poehling with Philly

Colorado and Philadelphia engage in a center swap, with the Avalanche acquiring Cole Huckins along with draft picks. In return, the Flyers receive the services of center Ryan Poehling.

Analysis:

• Winner: Philadelphia Flyers
    • Poehling brings NHL experience and potential, making this trade a win for the Flyers.

3. Montreal Sends Rafael Harvey-Pinard to Anaheim for a 1st Round Pick

In a move emphasizing future assets, Montreal trades winger Rafael Harvey-Pinard to Anaheim in exchange for a 2025 1st-round pick.

Analysis:

• Winner: Montreal Canadiens
    • Securing a 1st-round pick provides Montreal with a valuable asset for future roster development.

4. Blues and Hurricanes Swap Marc-Andre Gaudet, Jake Neighbours, and Frederik Andersen

In a complex deal, St. Louis sends Gaudet and Neighbours to Carolina, gaining goaltender Frederik Andersen and the rights to Cruz Lucius.

Analysis:

• Winner: St. Louis Blues
    • Acquiring Andersen addresses a goaltending need for the Blues, making this trade favorable for them.

5. Colorado Deals Picks for Givani Smith with San Jose

Colorado acquires winger Givani Smith from San Jose in exchange for mid-round draft picks.

Analysis:

• Winner: Colorado Avalanche
    • Gaining a physical forward in Smith provides depth for the Avalanche.

6. St. Louis and Carolina Execute a Multi-Player Trade

St. Louis and Carolina engage in a multi-player trade involving Joel Hofer, Simon Robertsson, Dmitri Orlov, and Alexander Perevalov.

Analysis:

• Winner: St. Louis Blues
    • The Blues address their goaltending situation with the acquisition of Hofer.

7. Boston Trades Tyler Procious and Brett Harrison for Marcus Johansson with Minnesota

Boston acquires Marcus Johansson from Minnesota, parting ways with young talents Tyler Procious and Brett Harrison.

Analysis:

• Winner: Minnesota Wild
    • Procious and Harrison offer potential for the Wild's future, making this trade favorable for them.

8. San Jose Sends Mackenzie Blackwood to Anaheim

San Jose trades goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood to Anaheim in exchange for draft picks. However, Anaheim puts Blackwood on waivers to send him to the AHL.

Analysis:

• Winner: Anaheim Ducks
    • Acquiring Blackwood provides goaltending depth for the Ducks.

9. Claude Giroux Heads to Arizona in Cap-Space Move for Ottawa

In a cap-space maneuver, Ottawa sends Claude Giroux to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick.

Analysis:

• Winner: Arizona Coyotes
    • The Coyotes benefit from Giroux's experience, albeit as part of a cap-space strategy for Ottawa.

10. Florida Trades Matt Kiersted for Jhett Larson and Philip Svedeback with Boston

Florida and Boston execute a trade involving defenseman Matt Kiersted and the rights to winger Jhett Larson and goaltender Philip Svedeback.

Analysis:

• Winner: Florida Panthers
    • Gaining Larson and Svedeback provides Florida with promising assets.
These trades collectively showcase the dynamic landscape of the NHL, where teams strategically maneuver to address immediate needs and position themselves for long-term success. As the season unfolds, the impact of these transactions will become more apparent, and fans will eagerly watch how these moves shape the league's competitive landscape.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
breaking-news-1-5158390-1627734243599.png

Senators Face Playoff Challenge as Mathieu Joseph Sidelined​

In a bittersweet turn of events, the Ottawa Senators find themselves celebrating a playoff berth while grappling with the loss of winger Mathieu Joseph. The dynamic forward has suffered a torn ACL in the last regular-season game against the Leafs, rendering him unavailable for the playoffs. Joseph is expected to be out for seven months, marking a significant blow to the Senators' postseason aspirations.

Injury Update: Mathieu Joseph Out for 7 Months

The torn ACL, a serious injury that requires extensive recovery, means Joseph will be sidelined for the entirety of the playoffs and a substantial portion of the upcoming season. Joseph's absence leaves a void in the Senators' lineup, as he has been a key contributor to the team's offensive efforts throughout the regular season.

A Rookie's Debut: Tyler Boucher Steps In

As the Senators prepare to face the Carolina Hurricanes in the playoffs, they will turn to rookie Tyler Boucher to fill the void left by Joseph's injury. Boucher, a highly touted prospect, will make his NHL debut in the postseason, showcasing the team's reliance on emerging talent during crucial moments.

Playoff Picture: Senators Secure 7th Seed

Despite the setback with Joseph's injury, the Senators have clinched the 7th seed in the playoffs. Their first-round opponent will be the Carolina Hurricanes, setting the stage for a thrilling series. Ottawa has a favorable history against Carolina in the regular season, winning two out of three games and outscoring them 11-8 in the process.

Outlook for the Playoffs

The Senators, led by a mix of experienced players and promising young talent, will face the Carolina Hurricanes in a matchup that promises intensity and excitement. While the absence of Joseph is undoubtedly a challenge, Ottawa remains a resilient team capable of surprising opponents.

As the playoffs kick off, all eyes will be on how the Senators navigate through adversity and whether Tyler Boucher can make a significant impact in his debut. Fans are sure to rally behind the team as they aim to make a

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

1181835437.jpg

Senators Sweep Hurricanes: Advancing with Authority​

In a stunning display of dominance, the Ottawa Senators have secured their ticket to the next round of the playoffs by sweeping the Carolina Hurricanes in a four-game series. The Senators showcased a collective effort, blending veteran leadership with emerging talent to outplay and outscore their opponents.

Game 1: Petterson's Brilliance Sets the Tone

In the opening game, forward Jacob Petterson stole the spotlight with a remarkable performance, scoring two goals to propel the Senators to a 5-3 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes. Petterson's offensive prowess and the team's resilience set a positive tone for the series.

Game 2: Pino's Clutch Goal Seals Win

The Senators continued their winning ways in Game 2, securing a tight 2-1 victory over the Hurricanes. A game-winning goal from an unexpected hero, possibly Pino, underscored Ottawa's depth and ability to capitalize on critical moments.

Game 3: Tarasenko's Double Trouble

In the third installment of the series, veteran forward Vladimir Tarasenko showcased his scoring prowess, netting two crucial goals to guide the Senators to a 4-3 triumph. The team's ability to close out close contests highlighted their resilience under pressure.

Game 4: Tkachuk's Hat Trick Caps Sweep

The series concluded in a spectacular fashion, with Ottawa's captain, Brady Tkachuk, scoring a hat trick in a convincing 5-2 victory. Tkachuk's leadership, combined with the team's overall performance, not only secured the sweep but sent a resounding message to the rest of the league.

Senators Advancing: A Comprehensive Team Effort

The Ottawa Senators' success against the Carolina Hurricanes was not the result of individual brilliance alone but rather a testament to the team's collective effort. Emerging stars, seasoned veterans, and the goaltending prowess of the team worked in unison to secure this impressive sweep.
As the Senators advance to the next round, they carry with them the confidence gained from dispatching a formidable opponent. The next opponent awaits, and Ottawa will look to build on this momentum, keeping their eyes on the ultimate prize: the Stanley Cup.
The playoffs are an unpredictable journey, and the Senators have certainly made a resounding statement with their opening-round performance. Hockey enthusiasts everywhere will be eagerly awaiting the next chapter in the Senators' playoff journey.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

ottawa-senators-vs-new-jersey-devils-768x432-crop.png

Senators Set to Clash with Devils in Pivotal Playoff Matchup​

The Ottawa Senators, fresh off an impressive sweep of the Carolina Hurricanes, are gearing up for their second-round playoff matchup against the New Jersey Devils. As the 7th seed, the Senators will face the 5th-seeded Devils, who triumphed over the Columbus Blue Jackets in the first round. With both teams vying for a spot in the conference finals, the stage is set for a compelling and hard-fought series.

Road to Round 2: Senators Impress Against Hurricanes

Ottawa's convincing four-game sweep of the Carolina Hurricanes showcased their depth, resilience, and scoring ability. From standout performances by Jacob Petterson to the leadership of captain Brady Tkachuk, the Senators enter the second round with confidence and momentum.

Head-to-Head History: Ottawa Holds the Edge

In their regular-season encounters, the Senators proved their prowess against the Devils, outscoring them 10-4 in three games and securing two victories. This history could give Ottawa a psychological advantage as they face off against a familiar opponent in the playoff arena.

New Jersey's Triumph Over Columbus

The New Jersey Devils, coming off a successful first-round series against the Columbus Blue Jackets, enter the matchup with their own set of strengths. The Devils' ability to navigate the challenges of playoff hockey has set the stage for a thrilling confrontation with the Senators.

Key Players to Watch: Ottawa's Offensive Depth vs. New Jersey's Resilient Defense

The series promises intriguing matchups, including Ottawa's potent offensive lineup against New Jersey's defensive resilience. Players like Petterson, Tkachuk, and Tarasenko will look to continue their scoring prowess, while the Devils' defense, led by key contributors, aims to contain the Senators' attack.

The Quest for the Conference Finals

As the Senators and Devils prepare to go head-to-head, the significance of this series is evident. The winner will advance to the conference finals, bringing them one step closer to the ultimate goal: hoisting the Stanley Cup.

Hockey fans are in for a treat as these two teams clash in what promises to be an intense and unpredictable series. The Senators' aspirations for playoff success are palpable, but the Devils, armed with their own strengths, are eager to prove their mettle. As the puck drops, the journey to the Stanley Cup continues, and the Ottawa Senators and New Jersey Devils are set to provide fans with thrilling moments and unforgettable hockey.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016

Senators Bow Out as Devils Clinch Series​

In a rollercoaster playoff series, the Ottawa Senators faced off against the New Jersey Devils, but unfortunately, the Devils emerged victorious, securing the series and eliminating the Senators from the postseason.

Game 1: Tkachuk Sparks Hope with a Strong Start

The series began on a positive note for the Senators as captain Brady Tkachuk showcased his offensive prowess, scoring twice to lead Ottawa to a convincing 5-1 victory in Game 1. The win set a promising tone for the Senators, igniting hope among fans.

Game 2: Devils Respond with an Overtime Triumph

The Devils, however, swiftly responded in Game 2, pushing the matchup into overtime. In a tightly contested battle, New Jersey managed to secure the win, evening the series and highlighting their resilience against the Senators' offensive threats.

Game 3: Hischer's Heroics Propel Devils to Victory

In Game 3, the Devils took control as Nico Hischer's standout performance, scoring twice, propelled New Jersey to a 4-2 victory. The Senators found themselves facing adversity and needing to regroup to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Game 4: Devils Maintain Momentum with a 5-3 Win

The Devils continued their momentum into Game 4, securing a 5-3 win. The Senators, now facing a 3-1 series deficit, were on the brink of elimination and needed a comeback to extend their postseason journey.

Game 5: Devils Seal the Deal, Eliminating the Senators

In the final chapter of the series, the Devils clinched the matchup with a decisive 5-2 victory. Ottawa battled hard, but New Jersey's determined play ultimately secured their advancement to the next round, leaving the Senators to exit the postseason.

Reflecting on the Season

While the playoff journey concluded earlier than desired for the Ottawa Senators, the season showcased the team's growth and potential. Emerging talents, veteran leadership, and the resilience displayed in the first-round sweep against the Hurricanes provide building blocks for the future.

As the Senators bid farewell to this season, the organization and its fans can look forward to continued development, building on the positive aspects that emerged during this playoff run. The NHL playoffs are a testament to the unpredictable nature of the sport, and Ottawa's journey serves as a valuable experience for the team's ongoing evolution.

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
USATSI_20332244_168390100_lowres.jpg.bbce9015c233e3019edaaf349a6afd16.jpg

Wild Triumph: Minnesota Claims Stanley Cup with Convincing Victory Over Lightning​

In a stunning turn of events, the Minnesota Wild secured their place in hockey history by defeating the former Stanley Cup champions, the Tampa Bay Lightning, in a resounding 4-0 victory. The Wild's triumph is a testament to their skill, resilience, and the outstanding performances of key players, including Teuvo Teravainen and Danila Yurov.

Game Overview: Wild's Dominance on Display

From the opening puck drop to the final whistle, the Minnesota Wild exhibited dominance in every aspect of the game. The players' commitment to team play, combined with strategic coaching decisions, resulted in a convincing shutout against a formidable Lightning squad.

Teuvo Teravainen's Impact: A Game-Changer

Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen played a pivotal role in the Wild's championship victory. His offensive prowess, playmaking abilities, and knack for scoring crucial goals provided the team with a decisive edge. Teravainen's impact on the ice was not only felt in the scoresheet but in the overall momentum and confidence he instilled in his teammates.

Danila Yurov's Emerging Stardom

The contributions of young Russian forward Danila Yurov did not go unnoticed. Yurov's emergence as a key player in the postseason highlighted the Wild's commitment to developing and integrating promising talent into their lineup. His performance in the championship series underscored the depth of Minnesota's roster.

Strategic Excellence and Team Unity

Minnesota's victory was not solely about individual performances but a result of strategic excellence and a collective commitment to team unity. The Wild's ability to capitalize on opportunities, shut down the Lightning's offensive threats, and showcase a balanced attack propelled them to the pinnacle of the hockey world.

Celebrating a Championship: Minnesota's Journey to Glory

For the Minnesota Wild, this championship marks a significant achievement in their franchise history. The euphoria of winning the Stanley Cup is not only a celebration for the team but also a moment of pride for their dedicated fanbase. The Wild's journey through the playoffs, culminating in a resounding victory in the final, solidifies their status as one of the league's elite teams.

Looking Ahead: The Legacy of a Championship

As the Wild revel in their championship glory, they now shift their focus to sustaining success and building a lasting legacy. The taste of victory provides motivation for future seasons, and Minnesota will aim to defend their title and etch their name further in the annals of NHL history.

Hockey fans, both in Minnesota and around the world, will remember this championship series as a showcase of skill, determination, and the enduring spirit of the game. Congratulations to the Minnesota Wild, the 2024-2025 Stanley Cup Champions!

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
usatsi_21560279_168400847_lowres.jpg

Senators Make Goaltending Move: Joonas Korpisalo Traded to Colorado​

In a significant shake-up in the goaltending department, the Ottawa Senators have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche, sending netminder Joonas Korpisalo to Denver. In return, the Senators acquire valuable assets in the form of a 2025 1st-round pick and a 2025 3rd-round pick. This move signals a strategic decision by the Senators' front office as they aim to make room for emerging talents and reinforce their team for the future.

Joonas Korpisalo's Tenure with the Senators

Korpisalo, during his time with the Senators, manned the crease in 76 games, amassing 34 wins and 35 losses. His contributions were notable, but as the team undergoes strategic adjustments, the decision was made to part ways with the Finnish goaltender. Korpisalo's resilience and experience have undoubtedly left an impact on the Senators' goaltending legacy.

Incoming Talent: Mads Sogaard's Call-Up

With Korpisalo's departure, the spotlight now shifts to the promising goaltending prospect Mads Sogaard. The young Danish netminder is set to make his mark with the Senators after showcasing his skills in the AHL. Sogaard's promotion reflects Ottawa's commitment to developing homegrown talent and securing a solid future between the pipes.

Belleville Sens Bolster Goaltending Depth

In the AHL, the Belleville Senators are gearing up for an exciting season with the recent acquisitions of 25-year-old Georgi Romanov and the newly signed Denis Kostin, a 29-year-old goaltender arriving from the KHL. Romanov and Kostin are set to add depth and experience to the Belleville Sens, providing a strong presence in the crease as the AHL season unfolds.

Denis Kostin's AHL Debut

Denis Kostin, in particular, is generating buzz as he prepares to make his AHL debut this upcoming season. The 29-year-old goaltender brings a wealth of international experience from the KHL, and his transition to North American hockey will be closely watched. Kostin's addition to the Belleville Sens signals a blend of veteran presence and fresh talent in the AHL ranks.

Looking Forward: Building for the Future

The Senators' front office, by making strategic moves in the goaltending department, demonstrates their commitment to building a competitive and sustainable team for the future. The acquisition of draft picks, the call-up of Sogaard, and the strengthening of goaltending depth in Belleville underscore a forward-looking approach as the Senators navigate the upcoming seasons.

Hockey enthusiasts will undoubtedly be watching closely as the Senators' goaltending situation evolves, with anticipation for the continued development of young talents like Mads Sogaard and the impact of seasoned goaltenders in the AHL ranks. The Senators' goaltending saga is just one chapter in the unfolding narrative of their journey in the competitive landscape of professional hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad