OT: ALL OTHER SPORTS THREAD

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yikes, Bills' Damar Hamlin makes a tackle, gets up and collapses on the field. CPR was given and they've "temporarily" suspended the game. Teams are in their locker rooms and I hope they just postpone the game completely to another day.
Looked like chest trauma. Latest is he isn't breathing on his own but has a pulse.

Reactions: duckaroosky

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Scary. Reminds so much of the Bouwmeester thing. They should absolutely postpone this game to another day. I'm sure it will screw up the schedule being so close to the end of the NFL season but that's a back burner issue.

Reactions: Static

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I get on commentators a lot, but I don’t even know how they’re supposed to do a job in this instance. Aside from providing updates, what do you even say?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I get on commentators a lot, but I don’t even know how they’re supposed to do a job in this instance. Aside from providing updates, what do you even say?
Yeah, nothing. Took way too long to make an easy decision here.

Latest is the player has been intubated.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
284365270_532287991775534_6109053534334997239_n.gif

Reactions: The Duck Knight

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
That was f***ing tragic! Between what just happened and the Ducks I'm dead inside.

Fully expect the Ducks to get absolutely screwed at the draft because it's just been that kind of year and it won't even cause more than an eye twitch from me. I feel nothing.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
This is Al Davis 2.0 for me. Franchise will never prosper again so long as he is alive.
I disagree. For quite a while the Raiders were great under Al. He was an active, effective owner. It was only later, when he aged that his judgement, and the team performance, deteriorated. I have never seen the same (any?) period of greatness by Arte. Instead it has been mismanagement and dreary season after dreary season.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I disagree. For quite a while the Raiders were great under Al. He was an active, effective owner. It was only later, when he aged that his judgement, and the team performance, deteriorated. I have never seen the same (any?) period of greatness by Arte. Instead it has been mismanagement and dreary season after dreary season.

Moreno did have the fans and teams in mind when he first started off. Big Daddy Vladdy, Colon, Hula Dula, etc ... But Moreno dropped the ball in the last decade. He intervenes far too much into baseball operations when he has no baseball knowledge. It feels like he treats his baseball team like he does his Billboard business, it's all about profit and profit is winning. Getting big names, big sluggers, and everything revolving around him.

Sad day for the organization.

Reactions: Deuce22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad