OT: All-Purpose Fantasy Hockey Thread

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I stashed Tom Wilson on my team's active roster last week.
nervous-waiting.gif

Reactions: The Merchant

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
In my 12 team league I've started pretty good. I had a 7 wins and 3 loss record but felt I wouldn't be good enough to beat the top 2 teams. With 8 teams making the playoffs I am pretty close to guaranteed in.

So I've been dropping scrubs and picking up injured guys which has resulted in losses my last two weeks.

I've added Ehlers, Norris, Paccioretty, Palat, and I have had Landeskog taking up my IR spot all year.

Hopefully it pays off.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
In my 12 team league I've started pretty good. I had a 7 wins and 3 loss record but felt I wouldn't be good enough to beat the top 2 teams. With 8 teams making the playoffs I am pretty close to guaranteed in.

So I've been dropping scrubs and picking up injured guys which has resulted in losses my last two weeks.

I've added Ehlers, Norris, Paccioretty, Palat, and I have had Landeskog taking up my IR spot all year.

Hopefully it pays off.

That’s worked for me in past years. If you’re comfortable that you have a solid enough team to coast into the playoffs, it’s definitely worth it to stash some players. Someone dropped Nuke and I’m considering picking him up for this season. Problem is I’m already using all my other IR slots and none of them are really in sight of returning.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I essentially have a team with a shot to win it all because I have Conor McDavid. My supporting cast is solid but old (Ovechkin, Bergeron, Pavelski) and other solid role players (Hertl, Keller, Lehkonen, Hyman, Suzuki, Vilardi).

But this was the first year where I wasn't able to draft a great defense. I kinda got the leftovers.
John Carlson, Quinn Hughes, Hanifin, Sanderson, and I dropped Werenski. There is no shot at improving your defense in this 12 team league. No one wants to trade them and there isn't any good ones on the wire.

It's a free league but the guy who runs it is giving $500 to the winner this year.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
That’s worked for me in past years. If you’re comfortable that you have a solid enough team to coast into the playoffs, it’s definitely worth it to stash some players. Someone dropped Nuke and I’m considering picking him up for this season. Problem is I’m already using all my other IR slots and none of them are really in sight of returning.
Yeah ESPN tells me that I have a 98% chance of making the playoffs so I'm going for it.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 10.31.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 10.32.28 AM.png

Here's my fantasy team. Too many LWers and true Centers. Could use a D or two while I wait for stupid Carlson & Theodore. Figured Panarin gives me the best bet to land a great player and I hate his peripherals and would like to get more stat coverage. Thinking maybe a 1 for 1 for Morrissey. Morrissey owner has too many D. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Could use another good goalie too but leave that for another day.

Edit: I snagged Pacioretty and Backstrom off the wire just before they came back. Would love for them to start producing so they make Panarin expendable.

Reactions: MaKarter

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Wondering who to drop between Norris/Beniers/Cozens/Barzal. Leaning Beniers for now.

Don't you dare try and sabotage my own question with one of yours!

Man, that's pretty tough though. All are roughly equivalent depending on your league. Beniers (sans last two games) is on fire and gives you a bit more peripherals. The others are putting up roughly the same points but lack in hitting and blocks...hmmm

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Here's my fantasy team. Too many LWers and true Centers. Could use a D or two while I wait for stupid Carlson & Theodore. Figured Panarin gives me the best bet to land a great player and I hate his peripherals and would like to get more stat coverage. Thinking maybe a 1 for 1 for Morrissey. Morrissey owner has too many D. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Could use another good goalie too but leave that for another day.

Edit: I snagged Pacioretty and Backstrom off the wire just before they came back. Would love for them to start producing so they make Panarin expendable.
I would go get Morrissey if he's available.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
@benchman24 Bo Byram available on your waivers? I like doing a 2 for 1 trade to free up a roster spot if there are worthy pickups on the wire.

Are you comfortable giving up Panarin given my current constructed roster? And is that a fair trade in the long run? I think the Morrissey owner is amenable to that trade.
I would personally. Is it a 10 team league?

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
@benchman24 Bo Byram available on your waivers? I like doing a 2 for 1 trade to free up a roster spot if there are worthy pickups on the wire.

He is. Actually drafted him and he just took up space on my IR. You're saying package a 2 for 1 and get someone better than Morrissey? I tried Panarin and Hischer for Makar but guy hasn't responded yet.

12, H2H Categories. G, A, PP, SOG, H, BLKs

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
He is. Actually drafted him and he just took up space on my IR. You're saying package a 2 for 1 and get someone better than Morrissey? I tried Panarin and Hischer for Makar but guy hasn't responded yet.
Yeah I would prefer that trade but the other guy probably wouldn't. Just try to find a 2 for 1 that works if there is a suitable waiver replacement.

But Panarin for Morrissey is a pretty fair 1 for 1.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Don't you dare try and sabotage my own question with one of yours!

Man, that's pretty tough though. All are roughly equivalent depending on your league. Beniers (sans last two games) is on fire and gives you a bit more peripherals. The others are putting up roughly the same points but lack in hitting and blocks...hmmm
Lol, I really wanted to entertain your question first because of that, but I'm in a 6-team league and we never trade so I can't gauge it. :laugh:

Yeah, the problem is that Barzal went cold after missing a game. I trust him to regain form at some point and am wary of dropping him.

Cozens puts up enough perifs that it's up to guessing which of Coz/Matty warms up more after two no-shows. And whether Norris comes back full swing. Ideally it's not a big issue either way.
When do you have to decide? It'll be interesting to see how well Norris comes back.
Ideally for tonight, but not necessarily.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Lol, I really wanted to entertain your question first because of that, but I'm in a 6-team league and we never trade so I can't gauge it. :laugh:

Yeah, the problem is that Barzal went cold after missing a game. I trust him to regain form at some point and am wary of dropping him.

Cozens puts up enough perifs that it's up to guessing which of Coz/Matty warms up more after two no-shows. And whether Norris comes back full swing. Ideally it's not a big issue either way.

Ideally for tonight, but not necessarily.

I think it being a 6-team league changes things for me then regarding your drop. I don't think dropping any of these guys will be a huge deal assuming everyone's rosters are all pretty good. I'd probably drop Norris personally until he gets his legs under him and just monitor it closely to see who's got the hot hand. But Matty wouldn't be the worst case either.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Dropped Cozens. Felt like he'll bounce around with it being a tiny league. Came down to getting Norris in a game tonight and one more than Cozens/Beniers.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I have Georgiev and Shesterkin.... Rangers have like 1 game in 6 days. Any word on Georgiev tonight? If not I need to play the wire...

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
K. Miller is having himself quite the run. Grabbed him as a spot start and he's up to 9 pts over a 7 game point streak. Hits a decent amount and gets a little pp time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If anyone’s in a deeper bangers league Laughton has been a huge pickup for me. On a heater point wise which will go away but good periphs.

Also Jeannot‘s periphs have been really good lately as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad