All Purpose Media Thread

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
With ESPN+ last year allowing me to watch so many more games, I figured I'd branch out for the coming season and pick a team in each division to focus on (not die-hard fan status, just a game each week and reading their news) in a effort to broaden my exposure and knowledge of the whole league.

So since the Preds were eliminated I've been subscribing to these other social media accounts. And it's a world of difference, each of these teams is constantly posting content, especially YouTube almost daily, where the Preds haven't posted a video in three months.

We deserve so much better than what we get.

Reactions: PredsV82 and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
With ESPN+ last year allowing me to watch so many more games, I figured I'd branch out for the coming season and pick a team in each division to focus on (not die-hard fan status, just a game each week and reading their news) in a effort to broaden my exposure and knowledge of the whole league.

So since the Preds were eliminated I've been subscribing to these other social media accounts. And it's a world of difference, each of these teams is constantly posting content, especially YouTube almost daily, where the Preds haven't posted a video in three months.

We deserve so much better than what we get.
I do something similar, altho I've been neglecting the West Coast lately.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well, we all know if the tennessean(small caps) printed that, then it must be correct given their concentration on sports coverage, particularly Preds related reporting.
That's not really a Preds thing though and most of those guys are connected to the local stations in some way.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Not Preds related but we watched the E60: Unrivaled Detroit/Colorado on ESPN. Heck of a documentary and a great look into the story of this rivalry. For a fan of the game who is lacking in the history department it was well worth the 2+ hours invested.

Oh and Red Wings Suck!

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

They're making a four part documentary about our training camp this year. Wonder how to watch it without having the NHL Network...

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Has the Bally schedule been published yet? Really, has the TV schedule for all Preds games been published yet? If so, I must have missed it.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
102.5 is supposed to be broadcasting from training camp on Friday.

Camp starts Wednesday and they can’t be bothered to show up until Friday but hey, at least it’s some kind of coverage……

Reactions: triggrman

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
102.5 is supposed to be broadcasting from training camp on Friday.

Camp starts Wednesday and they can’t be bothered to show up until Friday but hey, at least it’s some kind of coverage……
TBH most of that group I wouldn't want there anyways. They don't even know what they are watching for the most part.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
TBH most of that group I wouldn't want there anyways. They don't even know what they are watching for the most part.
Honestly this is true. Funny that AnnaK probably can’t tell you why but her assessments are decent. She confuses agility with speed and quickness is “fast”, but overall she knows talent when she sees it.

What drives me bonkers is the guys that talk about defensemen being out of position on a game they watched in TV. First, they have no idea how to play a position, second it’s almost impossible to completely pick up defensive positioning on tv as the thats away from the puck and the camera follows the puck. Now you can see it I. Some plays when they replay it but not always. Still, that’s tough to do for people that have played and have been coached, much less some dude that started following hockey in 2009

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Unfortunately they’re all we have. None of the sports outlets will hire a hockey guy full time. Yes they have them on occasionally but there’s not a station in town that has a straight up hockey guy. It’s unfortunate too because there are several that live in the Nashville area that would be great additions to their shows.

I think they’re all afraid of losing market share if it’s not NFL/Titans all day every day. I’m tempted to pony up and get Sirius just to have the NHL station. They talk about the Preds about as much as the local station does anyway.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Sometimes having more engaged media is actually worse though. And ask the big markets , some of their full-time embedded people are just as bad as our casual part-timers. It’s a weird industry.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Sometimes having more engaged media is actually worse though. And ask the big markets , some of their full-time embedded people are just as bad as our casual part-timers. It’s a weird industry.
Completely disagree. I’d rather have an overly engaged media with the Preds. At least we would get a choice where we get our information. Right now most of the information we get is from random twitter accounts and this board.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
A little over 8 hours of straight Preds coverage on 102.5. I’ll bet money that some of the fellas over there are having seizures not being able to talk or hear about the Titans and the NFL Bwahahaha

Reactions: AnalogKid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad