Scott Niedermayer ..........Black Jack Stewart
Red Horner......................JC Tremblay
Lionel Conacher...............Barclay Plager
Tomas Kaberle

Goalies
Ken Dryden
Harry Lumley
Alex Connell

Alexander is an NHL franchise player who has natural scoring instincts and an all-around game. Possesses offensive flair like Ilya Kovalchuk and Nikolai Zherdev, but is more physical and uses his frame better. He Owns a deadly right-handed shot, and likes to play from his off-wing. He has improved his passing game and has backed up his confidence and brash talk with stellar end to end play

Skating: A superb skater with excellent acceleration and top speed...very good first step…maintains a fast tempo throughout the game...very hard to knock down with the puck...skates well through traffic. Shot: Possesses a strong, precise wrist shot with a very quick and deceiving release: he appears to shoot the puck high, but manages to wrist it to just underneath the cross bar...possesses a great, precise backhand...though not used as often, his slap shot is very strong, with a quick release...primarily uses the slap shot on the junior squad, when he comes out as a fourth forward on a power play. Technical Ability: A terrific puck handler...possesses great hand to eye coordination...very soft hands Pass: Makes very precise passes, right on the stick...sees the ice very well and makes excellent passes...in junior competition, tends to crash the net, taking two or three players with him, and then passing the puck off to the side to a wide open teammate. Hockey Sense: An already very mature player...terrific vision of the ice...great awareness of his teammates. Defensive Play: Mostly responsible defensively, but defensive lapses do occur as a result of his primarily offense-minded approach... skates well backwards and uses his acceleration to get back into the defensive zone, but is usually also the first player out of the zone on the offensive rush.Physical Play: At 6’3, Ovechkin is a physical power forward who has had to deal with being double teamed on the junior level for the past three seasons...solidly built and can take many hits without losing the puck...fights very well at the boards...though not known for hitting, can deliver strong hits at the boards and by the opponent’s crease.

HF-

Last edited:

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Player Bios

you all may want to consider writing bios about each player on your team I have gone back over last week and havewritten several bios plus iadded them in the all time bio thread.

I still have about 5 to write or to find onlien and edit here off course with credit to the origional site or writer.:)

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=4184387#post4184387

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With my last 2 picks, I will take Kim Johnsson and Charlie Huddy

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi has 4 skipped picks, Bobby Ryan Getzlaf has 2, and DrMoses has 1. kruezer and Maxwell Edison each have traded away an extra pick, so they have one roster spot to fill, but will have to wait for the minor draft to start.

kruezer and Maxwell Edison both need their 3rd goalie. DrMoses needs his 7th defenseman. Bobby Ryan Getzlaf needs his 3rd goalie and his 7th defenseman. monster_bertuzzi needs his coach, 3rd goalie and two left wings.

The minor league draft will start sometime in January, and these picks will be made up before then.

For the minor draft, should we keep the same order or change it up?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
BM67 said:
For the minor draft, should we keep the same order or change it up?
We should do something fun like: guess how many goals will be scored on a particular day of NHL hockey (no duplicate guesses) and the one closest drafts first, etc... with ties resolved simply by saying under beats over.(shootout goals don't count - just the final tally, eg., 3-2 OT win = 5 pts even if seven shootout goals happened).

For example...

The following games are on new year's eve:

Dec 31, 2005 Rangers Penguins
Dec 31, 2005 Flyers Capitals
Dec 31, 2005 Mighty Ducks Blues
Dec 31, 2005 Canucks Wild
Dec 31, 2005 Maple Leafs Devils
Dec 31, 2005 Blue Jackets Red Wings
Dec 31, 2005 Canadiens Hurricanes
Dec 31, 2005 Kings Stars
Dec 31, 2005 Avalanche Coyotes
Dec 31, 2005 Oilers Flames

I guess 67 goals wil be scored in the NHL that night.

You?

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
VanIslander said:
We should do something fun like: guess how many goals will be scored on a particular day of NHL hockey (no duplicate guesses) and the one closest drafts first, etc... with ties resolved simply by saying under beats over.(shootout goals don't count - just the final tally, eg., 3-2 OT win = 5 pts even if seven shootout goals happened).

For example...

The following games are on new year's eve:

Dec 31, 2005 Rangers Penguins
Dec 31, 2005 Flyers Capitals
Dec 31, 2005 Mighty Ducks Blues
Dec 31, 2005 Canucks Wild
Dec 31, 2005 Maple Leafs Devils
Dec 31, 2005 Blue Jackets Red Wings
Dec 31, 2005 Canadiens Hurricanes
Dec 31, 2005 Kings Stars
Dec 31, 2005 Avalanche Coyotes
Dec 31, 2005 Oilers Flames

I guess 67 goals wil be scored in the NHL that night.

You?

58 goals :yo:

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
For monster_bertuzzi I select:
Goalie: Hap Holmes - won 4 Stanley Cups with 4 different teams in 4 different leagues
Coach: Hap Day - coached Toronto to 5 Stanley Cups in 10 years
Left Wing: Wayne Cashman - a first rate cornerman, and one of the baddest of the "Big Bad Bruins"
Left Wing: Nick Metz - one of the best defensive forwards ever, a versitile forward who won 4 Cups with Toronto

For Bobby Ryan Getzlaf I select:
Goalie: Vladimir Dzurilla - holds the Czech league record for goalies with 571 games played during a 19 year period
Defense: Charlie Huddy - a key member of all 5 of Edmonton's Stanley Cup wins

For DrMoses I select:
Defense: Hod Stuart - the best player in the world when he died in 1907 at 27

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
VanIslander said:
VanIslander 67
Spitfire11 58
kruezer 71
Hedberg 73
BM 67 61
Leaf Lander doesn't want this way of deciding draft order.

(BTW, 77 goals it was: Hedberg was closest)

I don't mind, January is a very busy month for me, so it isn't gonna work.

VanIslander OUT.

Happy New Year and may 2006 be good to you!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad