Value of: Anyone want a slightly used Jet?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Jets getting embarrassed in the playoffs AGAIN. No way Chevy can stick with this group, right? (sadly I do believe he will still be the GM after assembling a team of wet paper)

Curious what teams would offer for any of the following:

Kyle Connor 2 more years at $7.1

Nikolai Ehlers - 1 more year at $6.0

Alex Iafallo - 1 year at $4.0

Neal Pionk - 1 year at $5.75

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Gonna be near impossible for the Jets to pivot and enter a rebuild. They made their bed last offseason with the Sheif and Helle re-signings. They are in a terrible spot. The Avs are absolutely exposing the Jets lack of speed.

Monahan and Toffoli are invisible. They can't deal with the Avs speed / forecheck.

Reactions: hn777

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think we're gonna see it through with the core. Move out some of our depth pieces to add some more speed from Lambert + Chibri and see what a new coach can do

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Jets getting embarrassed in the playoffs AGAIN. No way Chevy can stick with this group, right? (sadly I do believe he will still be the GM after assembling a team of wet paper)

Curious what teams would offer for any of the following:

Kyle Connor 2 more years at $7.1

Nikolai Ehlers - 1 more year at $6.0

Alex Iafallo - 1 year at $4.0

Neal Pionk - 1 year at $5.75
Gezzzz i'll take Conor for #5 2024

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Marner makes twice what Ehlers makes so no deal.

Also, zero chance Marner waives to come to Winnipeg.

Ehlers is due for quite a raise, both have 1 year of term so cap hit really isn't that much of a factor. In fact, Marner would get paid his bonus July 1st and cost the Jets league min in salary.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Two years of Connor for #5?

You do realize we are a rebuilding team right? In one proposal, you are trading Caufield for the #10 OA. Then you trade the #5OA for Connor.
Where is your head?
well maybe you can understand that i love Connor and don't like CC that much
Connor would sign in MTL no doubt

Having Connor in the habs next year would sure help them a LOT

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Gonna be near impossible for the Jets to pivot and enter a rebuild. They made their bed last offseason with the Sheif and Helle re-signings. They are in a terrible spot. The Avs are absolutely exposing the Jets lack of speed.

Monahan and Toffoli are invisible. They can't deal with the Avs speed / forecheck.
It is not easy, but "terrible spot" is a little strong despite the failing in the playoffs.

Lots of work to do for sure. The team did finish 4th overall (not bottom 5).

The team has too many underachievers in the playoffs, 100%. But individually some of the top guys should be able to garner an acceptable return. Are you saying Montreal does not need a Kyle Connor talent if it did not cost a core player?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yes my bad,,,,,
But imagine

Cc-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Connor

This would be a kick ass top 6
And then 2 years later he's gone.

Ok then Leafs will retain Marner's cap to match Ehlers for the season. This might require a sweetner but can be worked out
Getting more realistic. Except Marner has a NMC and i doubt Winnipeg is one of the teams he would waive it for.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It is not easy, but "terrible spot" is a little strong despite the failing in the playoffs.

Lots of work to do for sure. The team did finish 4th overall (not bottom 5).

The team has too many underachievers in the playoffs, 100%. But individually some of the top guys should be able to garner an acceptable return. Are you saying Montreal does not need a Kyle Connor talent if it did not cost a core player?
By terrible spot, i mean no-man's land where you are trying to rebuild and compete at the same time. They should have blown it up in the offseason. Huge mistake.

I don't see the Habs taking on Connor unless they know he will re-sign. 2 x years of Kyle Connor is not worth the #5.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
By terrible spot, i mean no-man's land where you are trying to rebuild and compete at the same time.

I don't see the Habs taking on Connor unless they know he will re-sign. 2 x years of Kyle Connor is not worth the #5.
Fair.

I did not suggest Connor for #5 OA. That does not seem far fetched. I would think many fans would consider that a steal for the Habs.

Connor has average .91 ppg in his career and just under 35 goals per season. FOr a team like the Habs, that have a bundle of prospects and young players, adding an offensive star seems like a good idea. Even if he has warts.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Fair.

I did not suggest Connor for #5 OA. That does not seem far fetched. I would think many fans would consider that a steal for the Habs.

Connor has average .91 ppg in his career and just under 35 goals per season. FOr a team like the Habs, that have a bundle of prospects and young players, adding an offensive star seems like a good idea. Even if he has warts.
2years of Connor for 5OA is far fetched. A rebuilding team doesn’t make short sighted trades like that. You know that!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins will have more cap space than they will know what to do with in the offseason and a clear fit, but don’t have the assets unless the Ullmark return is crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad