GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Jets were the 3rd least penalized team in the regular season too. But that’s no match for the Refalanche.

Thankfully it looks like Bettman has mandated an Oilers deep run this year too. Never seen us get so many calls before.
I think in regards to our PPs. The League can't help but give us that with how we are playing right now. If we fought back in scrums or played dirty looking for revenge, like we usually do, we probably see the same screw job we always see. Oilers have learned, don't give the refs nothing.

Reactions: yukoner88

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think in regards to our PPs. The League can't help but give us that with how we are playing right now. If we fought back in scrums or played dirty looking for revenge, like we usually do, we probably see the same screw job we always see. Oilers have learned, don't give the refs nothing.
We got two 5on3s last game. That never happens.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeh thank god Dallas finally found their game. I'd love a first round knockout of the cap cheats.

Yeh cause were getting victimized in scrums and staying smart about it.
We wouldn’t have gotten those last year, even if we had stayed smart. Clearly the refs are calling more for us than in the past. And it’s about damn time.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We wouldn’t have gotten those last year, even if we had stayed smart. Clearly the refs are calling more for us than in the past. And it’s about damn time.
I hope. But ill have to see it keep up to see if were are getting favored. I think the Oilers are staying disciplined and not giving the refs a chance to screw us.

Not even remotely surprised. Jets have always been overrated.

This reminds me of the Flames/Avs series where the Avs just took over after game 1 and the Flames had no answers.
Same for us unfortunately. But unlike the Jets, we can atleast fight fire with fire. If the Avs get rolling and start piling up the goals, we atleast have the ability to pile them right back at them.

FRAUD.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Jets were the 3rd least penalized team in the regular season too. But that’s no match for the Refalanche.

Thankfully it looks like Bettman has mandated an Oilers deep run this year too. Never seen us get so many calls before.
Almost feels that way although they arent actually creating extra calls for us. Forget about it if we face Dallas though. Too tempting for Gary.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Not hard to picture the Avs in the WCF. Don’t think either Vegas or Dallas matches them.
Rishaug is going to shit a brick. He was pretty upset the Oilers didnt ice their best line up the last game of the season for home ice in the third round. Man that Arizona loss is going to be an expensive one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad