GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Not to mention that the powerplay came from Ekman-Larson giving a Canucks-level flop after getting a negligible shove from Wotherspoon.

This is on the level of Kesler holding Talbot's pad.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Pps are like 19 to 8 for panthers that’s insane. Florida is better but man bruins are getting screwed buy an incompetent league and officiating

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Florida NYR series should be fun. Wish these current series would turn into more of a painful long grind though. Going too quick. These eastern teams could be so fresh for a final.

Yeah, I talked about the finals.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Florida vs NYR will be a hell of a series
Bruins appear to be cooked and FLA should advance after next game, but although the odds are obviously not in their favor, I wouldn't count the Canes out just yet. I think they've been the better team in three of the games. If they win game five, I think they take the series.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I keep a fairly close eye on officials, and I can tell you that the ones that are consistently the worst are the pre-lockout dinosaurs like Sutherland, Rooney, Kozari, Lee etc that have been around forever and think their shit doesn't stink. Honestly, the new guys coming up generally aren't that bad I've noticed.

The point I haven't made yet, is the fact the majority of the clowns left in the playoffs are members of this old guard. The lip service the NHL pays to holding referees accountable with playoff assignments is total f***ing bullshit. It's entirely tenure based. Even series to series - Rooney made a mess of our Game 3 against the Kings to a point where it was embarrassing, but sure enough he's right back calling (and making a mess out of) another critical Game 3. Sutherland was a total clown down the stretch in the regular season and shouldn't have even seen the first round, but here he is in Round 2, f***ing games up.

It isn't just our series anymore, its EVERY series that turns into a bush league joke because the NHL can't do what they claim they're doing and actually promote the best officials to the playoffs and actually park the shitty ones regardless of if they're a rookie or a vet. What they're doing is roughly the equivalent of playing Perry ahead of Hyman because he's been around longer. That style of management is effectively what the NHL is choosing for the playoffs. Absolute disgrace that is only going to get worse. Every year the officiating gets slightly worse, I think this playoff is a new low league wide.

Reactions: Anemia and TB12

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ron McLean on the pregame right now commenting on last nights game, “I thought Skinner was excellent.”

No word of a lie.

They then quickly cut to commercial. I wish they’d have let Gazdic, Botteril and Friedman chew on that comment.

McLean is so washed.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Ron McLean on the pregame right now commenting on last nights game, “I thought Skinner was excellent.”

No word of a lie.

They then quickly cut to commercial. I wish they’d have let Gazdic, Botteril and Friedman chew on that comment.

McLean is so washed.

Speaks to a reflexive insistence that a loss can never, ever just be blamed on the goalie. Never a problem saying that the guys in front of him stunk, but just calling a spade a spade with the goaltending seems to be a bridge too far.

Even on GYB this morning, Strudwick leads off with "Oilers weren't intense enough to start the game though!" on the basis that Ekholm got hit on the first shift because the thought it was icing. The fact that we rolled over them for the next 10 mins prior to the 1-1 goal seemed to be lost.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Speaks to a reflexive insistence that a loss can never, ever just be blamed on the goalie. Never a problem saying that the guys in front of him stunk, but just calling a spade a spade with the goaltending seems to be a bridge too far.

Even on GYB this morning, Strudwick leads off with "Oilers weren't intense enough to start the game though!" on the basis that Ekholm got hit on the first shift because the thought it was icing. The fact that we rolled over them for the next 10 mins prior to the 1-1 goal seemed to be lost.
The context was they spent the entire segment only talking about the McDavid cross checking and subsequent fine and suspension. Gazdic was negative on the Oilers for not manning up when CmCd was hit and giving it back to Vancouver players for that. Nothing else was said. Then he slipped this comment in and cut to commercial. It was weird. Just another example of why he should be retired. He’s so lost at times.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32

No word of a lie.

McLean is so washed.
I saw that too.

Had to put on closed captioning and replay it 4 times to be sure haha

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

No word of a lie.

McLean is so washed.
Of course he was excellent in his eyes, he’s anti-Oilers.

Reactions: brentashton

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

No word of a lie.

McLean is so washed.
He is so brain addled. Can't keep a straight thought in his head and lives in non sequitur land. Plus such a f***ing suck up he can't keep track of all the asses he kisses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad