Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Fox needs to improve his spatial awareness. He’s putting his health at risk not paying attention to the oncoming defenders at the line.

It’s the exact same play as the Aho one. He’s making an abrupt cut to try to jump into the play and then goes knee-on-knee with a guy who didn’t move away from his trajectory at all to make contact. It’s “smart” in that it draws a call and helps his team, but it’s playing with fire.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah I don't think the Rangers looked particularly good in that series. They already looked a bit rusty and now they have a lengthy break til the next series?

Let's finish off the Isles tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to that series. A little bit of payback after a couple years ago would be very nice. I'm fact, this playoff is being set up so that the next couple rounds could be particularly cathartic for us.

3CanesInTheBox

4!CanesintheBox
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Obviously I'm not a Leafs fan, but it's really odd to me how all their ire seems almost solely focused on Mitch Marner. Seems like the whole team has crapped the bed (literally in Matthews' case).

ETA: Also, I love how twitter has all these "lip-reading experts" to precisely translate what is said in games lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Obviously I'm not a Leafs fan, but it's really odd to me how all their ire seems almost solely focused on Mitch Marner. Seems like the whole team has crapped the bed (literally in Matthews' case).

ETA: Also, I love how twitter has all these "lip-reading experts" to precisely translate what is said in games lol.
Marner has an high ankle sprain that is really holding them back

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Looks like some insiders idiots and wannabe insiders are already peddling Rod to Seattle as a possibility. Granted, I saw some of the same around Buffalo with the Adams convention. Guess you leave yourself open to this speculation when you make negotiations so difficult.
FTFY.

Rod ain't going anywhere and the actual insiders have been reporting that his deal has been agreed to for ages. Rod is currently negotiating on behalf of his assistants, again.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
FTFY.

Rod ain't going anywhere and the actual insiders have been reporting that his deal has been agreed to for ages. Rod is currently negotiating on behalf of his assistants, again.
Yes, I pretty much agree with that. But those same insiders that are legit and say it's done have brought up the assistants thing again. I don't think there's anything that won't get ironed out but you leave yourself open to this silliness when you don't have it done months ago. It's largely just noise, but it could be avoided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad