Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
intent matters for this stuff. The intent for Soucy was to cross check his chest (a pretty nothing play all things considered), he did not have time to react to the Zads shove.

As I said, if anyone should have been getting suspended it should have been Zads.

mind you I'm also the guy that thinks that Trouba should have been out a minimum 3 games for his attempted chicken wing on Necas when he has a history of predatory hits exactly like that with no repercussions from the DoPS. The Necas missed hit and the Palat (at least I think it was Palat) missed hit lay the intentions of his style bare and he absolutely should have been out for a while due to it.

The league probably should have looked at who sucker punched Necas in game 4?

Dallas is the only West Coast team that scares me right now, they are looking very good.

They play a lot like the Canes but with more of an edge.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Dallas is the only West Coast team that scares me right now, they are looking very good.
Yep. Colorado has skill but their defensive zone game is weak backed up by the second worst goalie still in the playoffs (Skinner is worse). I think we'd slowly pick them apart in a series.

Edmonton and Vancouver: don't front me.

Dallas is a machine right now, as is Florida

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Yep. Colorado has skill but their defensive zone game is weak backed up by the second worst goalie still in the playoffs (Skinner is worse). I think we'd slowly pick them apart in a series.

If any team can rise to the challenge of hitting Skinner with the puck, it's Carolina.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Good news for future opponents is that playoff hockey is weird....."hot" teams sometimes cool off the next series.

Reactions: DaveG

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If not the Hurricanes, I think it would be really cool if Dallas won the Cup. They have a ton of OGWAC (old guy without a Cup) players. Pavelski, Benn, Suter, Tanev, Dadonov, Craig Smith, and Duchene (who barely qualifies) are all guys who have yet to win a Cup but are still-productive 33+ veterans.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
We have roster issues in getting players signed for next year but at least no leftover cap issues:

1715727507845.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad