Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
They ran into a steam roller. Dallas probably wins the SC.

I'd gladly send Sakic, Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Rielly for MacKinnon, Ranta, and Makar.
Yes. I was just being difficult.

Even superstars like Mack can get shut down from time to time.

Dallas does look unstoppable. I am curious to see how Van does if they get by Edm. They have a lot of good mojo going for them and seem to get all the bounces this year

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-05-14-09-47-25~2.png

I'm not sure what Moroon is getting at here. Does he think he's some feared enforcer or just admitting that Florida has the psychological advantage and won't give him the satisfaction to get revenge for the sucker punch on Marchand? Either way I'm going to make sure I'm infront of my TV tonight to watch. Over in 5.

Reactions: Metroid

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
View attachment 870541

I'm not sure what Moroon is getting at here. Does he think he's some feared enforcer or just admitting that Florida has the psychological advantage and won't give him the satisfaction to get revenge for the sucker punch on Marchand? Either way I'm going to make sure I'm infront of my TV tonight to watch. Over in 5.

Panthers are not afraid of anyone.

That's why Pastrnak was offered the fight by Tkachuk.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Well, based on the offensive output, I would argue they all struggle there. Marner being the exception because he avoids those areas lol.

I don't really know what it is, or why they cannot score, but the OT goal Knies scored was an example of what needs to happen more often. Take the puck to the net and create some luck.

I also heard someone say the other night that point shots create chaos. So true. Something this deal does not do. So, the guys without the puck need to go to the hard areas in front of the net and the D have to get the pucks through, something else we suck at. This Leafs team so often is predictable, passing around the perimeter looking for the perfect shot... I think more point shots would change that. Chances off puck recoveries, deflections, rebounds... that's what works in those areas in the playoffs. So maybe if they are creating some of those changes, the other skill-type plays may become more effective.

When is the last time we had a point shot? Al Iafrate? :)

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Mentioned before probably ....

But these teams down now in their playoff series.....have they lost their "heart" ...will to win?

I mean...if that complaint is good enough to run twitter wild about the leafs....why is it such a double standard with other teams?

Oh ...maybe its not all about grit ......poor Maroon tried....hard to chase a guy down during a hockey game. Its like Reaves watching our players get hammered. Big slow guys trying to chase someone for payback......Don Cherry lovers at their best :)

No one bashing McKinnon? why not?

Dont tell me goaltending is a big part of playoff success. Well...except the Bruins....they had top goaltending for 2 decades it seems......and their team gets a pass because they won a cup in 2011?

Is Marchand still hurt? Pansy....rub some dirt on it....who cares about concussions or back injuries....tough it out....its the playoffs .....oh wait....its ok he isnt a leaf.

Reactions: pdson and ULF_55

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Mentioned before probably ....

But these teams down now in their playoff series.....have they lost their "heart" ...will to win?

I mean...if that complaint is good enough to run twitter wild about the leafs....why is it such a double standard with other teams?

Oh ...maybe its not all about grit ......poor Maroon tried....hard to chase a guy down during a hockey game. Its like Reaves watching our players get hammered. Big slow guys trying to chase someone for payback......Don Cherry lovers at their best :)

No one bashing McKinnon? why not?

Dont tell me goaltending is a big part of playoff success. Well...except the Bruins....they had top goaltending for 2 decades it seems......and their team gets a pass because they won a cup in 2011?

Is Marchand still hurt? Pansy....rub some dirt on it....who cares about concussions or back injuries....tough it out....its the playoffs .....oh wait....its ok he isnt a leaf.
This narrative would have a lot more legs if other teams didn't already have a good foundation of success.

Colorado's got a cup under their belt and Mackinnon's already well established as a a playoff monster.

These aren't comparable teams to the Leafs and it shouldn't even need to be explained.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
When is the last time we had a point shot? Al Iafrate? :)
Caber... bombs from the point on pillow passes from Kaberle!

Under Keefe we never attacked quick. It was always reset, regroup, work it around... even in the offensive zone. Zzzzz. The opponents always had time to reset, get in lanes.

I am seriously jealous watching these final 8 teams and their ability to rocket something from the point.

Reactions: OddyOh

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Probably safe to say he's done in Colorado and possibly the NHL. Question now is will Colorado be stuck with that contract on the books for the last 6 years of it.

I think Avs would be able to use a compliance buyout or put him on LTIR to begin with and then in coordination with NHL and NHLPA they would terminate the contract.

Didn’t something similar happen to one the California teams? I forget which one though

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
View attachment 870541

Fans are calling him out because they've finally realized hes a p***y.

• Wow
Reactions: ToneDog

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This narrative would have a lot more legs if other teams didn't already have a good foundation of success.

Colorado's got a cup under their belt and Mackinnon's already well established as a a playoff monster.

These aren't comparable teams to the Leafs and it shouldn't even need to be explained.
We should feel great bc 4 teams are being eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs, lol.

The Stars and Avs series was expected to be closer. Avs could still come back and make it a series.
We all know Panthers is going to run over the Bruins.
Rangers and Canes had two OT games.
Skinner is just bad, lol.

Pickard vs Svilovs is alot more intriguing to me than Campbell vs DeSmith to be honest. Will be a competitive game but I think the Oilers come back strong after the Soucy nonsense.
I think the refs will be calling more PP for the Oilers as long as someone just touches McD.
Bc that was a pretty ugly cross check even though it was not meant to be to the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad