Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Also, has anyone else noticed a lot of posters that get really angry about other teams turn out to be old and retired?

My 73 year old uncle spends countless hours on his desktop computer each day bitching on Facebook and Reddit. It's just really weird to see someone who got to retire at age 57 and have literally everything one could wish for (awesome wife, house, healthy kids and grandkids, 2 cars) just waste his days getting angry.

I keep egging him on to join HF but I don't think he would last a day here.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Gonna be hard to watch LA / Edm without spoiling the stars/knights game so I can watch it later on pvr

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
McLellan seemed like a no brainer to me. How do you go back to Lindy Ruff after his stint with the Devils?

Edit: Took a quick trip to the Buffalo forum and they seem really happy with this hire so idk

I find it's really hard to judge coaching hires. We really know so little about them besides their track records and occasional outbursts like Torts is known for. Unlike a player whom you see play 80 times or at least a handful of times a year or so we really don't know what their actual coaching is like aside from whether they win or lose, but so much of that is also a function of the team they're given.

Just look at RT this year. Having said that I have always found McLellan to be well spoken and he comes off as a strong leader. Once you've had a coach on your team you get a way better sense of who they are and how effective they might be on a certain team.

Devils were quite good last year, and would've been fine this year if they got a goalie before it was too late.
Ruff should be able to do well with this Buffalo roster.

Yeah he should do fine there. A good veteran coach but a re-tread as well. He usually has good short term results which may have made him attractive to KA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ah yes, the old boys club strikes again. Why hire fresh blood when you can hire someone who has been fired from coaching multiple times.

Because Ruff had 2 HOF goaltenders in their prime, that's why this will work again this time.
It has to right?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Because Ruff had 2 HOF goaltenders in their prime, that's why this will work again this time.
It has to right?
Buffalo has to make the PO soon, either this upcoming season for the following. Fail to do that, Adams and Ruff are both going to be fired.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm not convinced Talbot is the answer in net, and I think McDavid and Draisaitl are the kind of human cheat codes who can break through the 1-3-1 almost on their own.

Edmonton just needs their D and G to not shit the bed, and I think they can make short work of this one.
The only reason their series was remotely close last year was because Jay Woodcroft played right into the Kings grinding and dump and chase style for 3.5 games before 'realizing' McDavid could easily bring the puck in and draw 2-3 guys to one side of the ice.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kings will bore you to death......but hard to see how their 'trap game' will translate into a series win. Might sneak out one or two wins.....but that's about it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Disappointed that SN didn’t make the Toronto - Boston game montage just a bunch of highlights of the leafs getting eliminated by Boston. Should be lots of footage there.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Me watching a Kings game
IMG_0196.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
The Nylander absence is so strange. The Leafs can’t go five minutes without there be some sort of self-created distraction.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
McLellan seemed like a no brainer to me. How do you go back to Lindy Ruff after his stint with the Devils?

Edit: Took a quick trip to the Buffalo forum and they seem really happy with this hire so idk
Well he coached them to a Stanley Cup final and was robbed by a last day rule change.
He has been a coach with the rebuilding Rangers so he knows many of those players.
He will have specific knowledge of the Devils.

Buffalo has missed the playoffs by very few points the last two years so he might be enough to get that 12 points they need.

Reactions: calnuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Leafs just not on the same page. Kampf had ages to clear it.

Domi redeems himself.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I hate both the Kings and Coilers but I rather see the Kings win here. Hopefully both teams pummel each other.
Vegas and Dallas, should be a war on ice.
Wierd to think that I was 17 when I joined the forum! Time flys!
Just wait until 90 creeps up on you. You talk the 80's like it was yesterday and all those years are in between.
My da took me to see the Canucks play in the Forum.
I played with the Blazers in the Forum.

My da is still waiting for a cup, he isn't likely to know what that is anymore though.

Live everyday like it is your last, don't wait or put off too long dreams or plans. Nothing like having the doctor come into the room and say "the injury is devastating to your health". That wakes you up pretty quick.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Leafs have been playing some good hockey since going down 1-0. Big time desperation from their guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad