Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This Oil team just doesn’t have it. The amount of times I have watched them go at least a half period without a shot is something else, especially when the chips are down.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
This Oil team just doesn’t have it. The amount of times I have watched them go at least a half period without a shot is something else, especially when the chips are down.
Now they’re gonna win 5-3.

Oilers are better defensively than I’ve ever seen them (which isn’t saying much to be fair). They need better depth everywhere though.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I can always tell if a HC has his own brain or not by how early he pulls the goalie out of the net.
Most fall into the trap. Weak

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I keep forgetting Henrique is even an Oiler until he scores his one goal per series lol.
He has been injured for 9 games. He's a really good player. Seems like Connor Brown has finally found his game, took him a while but thats the old Brown I am used to seeing.

He’s trying but certainly feels like his runway is significantly shorter then Leon Draisatles is.

Skinner has a Lalime feel to him, don’t think he gets better as the series goes on.
Great comparison, big blocking style goalie with poor athleticism and weak mentally. But can catch fire and play well in front of a very good team.

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Time for CBJ to start acquiring Dmen in FA and UFA.

Chychrun to CBJ for Voronkov and Bean, make it happen Staios
Bean would be a like for like (both LHD). So Columbus is getting the better Dman. We would get a #3 LHD.

Voronkov is 23, will be 24 in early September, is 6' 5". I have some serious doubt he would be tossed in.

A deal with Columbus to move Chychrun, would have to be a Bean and another 25-30 year old, 3rd liner. Or some contract, they do not want.

Deals are to be had. Columbus will not be silly enough to unload any sub 26 year old. Not unless he has not blossomed as they hoped.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He has been injured for 9 games. He's a really good player. Seems like Connor Brown has finally found his game, took him a while but thats the old Brown I am used to seeing.

Great comparison, big blocking style goalie with poor athleticism and weak mentally. But can catch fire and play well in front of a very good team.

Yeah I realized he had been injured all of last series, but this was also how I felt when I watched any game with Henrique in their lineup. He certainly isn't a big difference maker in the playoffs.

Agree about Brown, he looks much better on the ice right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad