Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I would vote for Outlaws

1715772701183.jpeg

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Aren't we all pseudo fans of other teams at this point?

I'm all in on the Oilers this year.
Never, we are the Tifosi here. Our loyalty is unquestioned.

We are the The Sens' Firms.. The Sens Army. The Barra Brava. The Torcida Organizada.

Other firms get together and fight.. We get together, drink beer, eat Poutine and Beaver Tails. Or some other tail.

They riot, we get together and row ridicules' boats at the Dragon boat races. All the while drinking beer and eating poutine. We hope to eat some tail, but its embarrassing in an open boat.

They threaten players and opponents, we pee on the grass at Bluesfest. From too much beer.

We are the Tifosi.
SPQR is an initialism from a Latin phrase, Senatus Populusque Romanus ("The Senate and the People of Rome")

• Haha
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I like Frost and Canyons personally, but knowing how most hockey fans are, they'll all vote for Yeti.

Yeti is fine, but a bit cartoonish. It's almost like Raptors. Even Kraken is kind of silly if you think about it, but it works.

The big thing with sports names, is that they should be unique. Choose an animal or object that another major sporting team hasn't used that has good imagery and ties to the area.

I still think they should go with Road Kill, but maybe that doesn't go over too well!

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Aren't we all pseudo fans of other teams at this point?

I'm all in on the Oilers this year.

I can't get into it at this point.

I wish I approved of gambling. It probably makes playoff hockey really fun to know that if McDavid doesn't pull through, your wife is going to divorce you when she finds out what you lost on the game.

UTAH Mormons.

They could go with Utah Pioneers. That would be a nod to Mormons without being too in your face about it. Their logo could still be a giant Yeti. Except he would be dressed as a Pioneer, and maybe playing a saxophone.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hell, the first and second round of the playoffs is the best time of the year. Pretty much always good for 2 or more games on every single night. What more can a person ask for (besides our Sens being involved)?
Well, I always need a team to get behind to have interest. I'm not an impartial observer of sports and I don't watch if I'm not at least sort of rooting for one of the teams, so while I would agree about the level of hockey in the first couple rounds being good hockey, I'm not one that watches sports just to watch sort of thing.
I like the Oilers and also the Stars for whatever reasons I can’t figure out. I’ll give well earned credit to the Canucks though. They’ve done well this year and have turned their fortunes around.
Being on the West Coast with lots of friends that are Canucks, Oilers & Flames fans, I sort of cheer for all 3. Winnipeg too to a lesser extent. Canucks have played admirably, Silovs in particular is proving to be the difference. I'm all Edmonton this year and watched most of their games, simply because I think it's the best chance Canada has had at a cup in a very long time and really hope that someone wins it before Montreal or Toronto end up doing it. That all said, Dallas has to be the very heavy favorite at this point. Best team all year with a goalie that sucked that's now turned it on. Crazy depth on that team.

Reactions: DrEasy

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeti is fine, but a bit cartoonish. It's almost like Raptors. Even Kraken is kind of silly if you think about it, but it works.

The big thing with sports names, is that they should be unique. Choose an animal or object that another major sporting team hasn't used that has good imagery and ties to the area.

I still think they should go with Road Kill, but maybe that doesn't go over too well!

Kraken is more than a bit silly lol. That's what I'm talking about. Kidified society.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I can't get into it at this point.

I wish I approved of gambling. It probably makes playoff hockey really fun to know that if McDavid doesn't pull through, your wife is going to divorce you when she finds out what you lost on the game.
No eh. I get it, I used to be a lot more Sens only, but they've been not just bad, but very bad, for a very long time now. I love hockey too much to just turn away for this long, especially when the Sens were being run by a bunch of blowhards I had zero confidence it.

Lol, I have a strict no gambling policy for myself other than buying a set for life once every month or two and letting it sit on my counter unscratched for a few hours of hopeless hope.

Last edited:

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Kraken is more than a bit silly lol. That's what I'm talking about. Kidified society.
you have 32 NHL teams, 32 NFL, 30 NBA, 30 MLB, 30 MLS, 12 (soon to be 16 ) WNBA, 12 NWSL. 10 or 12 Pro Lacrosse, 9 CFL, 9 CPL, X amount G league team, 9 CEBL. 300-500 minor league teams (all sports). Now add almost 500 universities.

So a solid 2000 teams are accounted for and you have trade mark to worry about.

I am waiting for the Orangutans, the rats, the wheezles, the ferrets, the monkeys, and a few other names to surface.

Think of Ottawa's next pro team; the Ottawa Apes. Perfect.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

There's some built in potential for brand synergy if they partner up with the cooler company, get your official Utah Yeti branded Yeti beer cooler and Utah Yeti branded Yeti coffee travel mug!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What I get from that is that all those experts aren't very good at predicting who will be good at the NHL level past the very top guys lol.

17-18 years old that's why

It's easier to see what they will become after they are being drafted but as teenagers, pretty hard I think

People really thought Chabot was better than Heiskanen on here…

Heiskanen has been an elite talent very quickly, he's a Top-5 D-man while Chabot is more Top-20/30

I don't recall people saying that Chabot was better.

Brassard for Zibanejad was a good trade for Ottawa if you understand the reality of the team at the time. It's only not a good trade if you live in the fantasy world where Zibanejad wouldn't have just been traded for a late 1st and a few small plusses as a pending UFA.

Zibanejad had 1 year left then RFA. BIG difference. I tried but it was a terrible trade no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bicboi64

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Well, I always need a team to get behind to have interest. I'm not an impartial observer of sports and I don't watch if I'm not at least sort of rooting for one of the teams, so while I would agree about the level of hockey in the first couple rounds being good hockey, I'm not one that watches sports just to watch sort of thing.

Being on the West Coast with lots of friends that are Canucks, Oilers & Flames fans, I sort of cheer for all 3. Winnipeg too to a lesser extent. Canucks have played admirably, Silovs in particular is proving to be the difference. I'm all Edmonton this year and watched most of their games, simply because I think it's the best chance Canada has had at a cup in a very long time and really hope that someone wins it before Montreal or Toronto end up doing it. That all said, Dallas has to be the very heavy favorite at this point. Best team all year with a goalie that sucked that's now turned it on. Crazy depth on that team.
Ya, I wouldn’t mind the Oilers winning the Cup, or another Canadian team like the Canucks. It’s been awhile since a Canadian team has won, so it would be nice to see for a change. I respect the Stars a lot though. I think their model is one to emulated. You have an advantage of being in the west when it comes to watching Western Conference teams.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I can't have the Oil winning a cup. They've had enough success from the Gretzky days and don't need any more cups, especially not after lucking into McDavid.

I'm hoping Dallas or Colorado can win it all

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ya, I wouldn’t mind the Oilers winning the Cup, or another Canadian team like the Canucks. It’s been awhile since a Canadian team has won, so it would be nice to see for a change. I respect the Stars a lot though. I think their model is one to emulated. You have an advantage of being in the west when it comes to watching Western Conference teams.
Anything but Toronto or Montreal. I'd hate for them to be the ones to claim they "brought the cup home to Canada". Hell, I was cheering against Montreal the last time it was won by them in 93 lol.

Definitely an advantage. That and having people around me that care about Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary sort of brings up the excitement. If the Nucks move on, I'll cheer for them instead. If/when they're both done, I'll probably tune out entirely.

I appreciate great players too, and McDavid and Draisaitl are both special players that deserve one imo. Also like to see the wealth shared, so nice to see the Knights lose and hopefully the Avs too.

Reactions: DrEasy

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Anything but Toronto or Montreal. I'd hate for them to be the ones to claim they "brought the cup home to Canada". Hell, I was cheering against Montreal the last time it was won by them in 93 lol.

Definitely an advantage. That and having people around me that care about Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary sort of brings up the excitement. If the Nucks move on, I'll cheer for them instead. If/when they're both done, I'll probably tune out entirely.

I appreciate great players too, and McDavid and Draisaitl are both special players that deserve one imo. Also like to see the wealth shared, so nice to see the Knights lose and hopefully the Avs too.
Ya, definitely don’t want Toronto or Montreal winning.

I try to catch as much as I can of the late games, but tend to only watch late into the 2nd period before lights out. LOL. I definitely didn’t shed any tears when VGK were eliminated.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ya, definitely don’t want Toronto or Montreal winning.

I try to catch as much as I can of the late games, but tend to only watch late into the 2nd period before lights out. LOL. I definitely didn’t shed any tears when VGK were eliminated.
Ya F those guys.

That's fair. Must be pretty late there by the 3rd period. My brother was a Nucks fan and went to Carlton U and I remember him complaining about that. I like to finish the evening with a movie, so I'm sometimes shutting off games early, or just put it on the tablet on the side. Playoffs are a little different.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad