Around the NHL 2023-2024

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Where does all this "Trade Kyrou" nonsense come from?

He's our star winger, and still very young.

Trading him now, would be Ron Caron, Blues of old type stuff where he then goes on to win a cup with another team.

No thanks. Our forward group is not the problem (and about to get better with all the drafted talent coming).

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Where does all this "Trade Kyrou" nonsense come from?

He's our star winger, and still very young.

Trading him now, would be Ron Caron, Blues of old type stuff where he then goes on to win a cup with another team.

No thanks. Our forward group is not the problem (and about to get better with all the drafted talent coming).
Our forwards group is a problem, but it's mainly the center group of my middle 6. Neither Schenn or Hayes is a capable 2nd line center. That's why Buch was forced there at the end of the year.

The defense should be our main priority over this offseason. Tho, still get a 2C of you can make a deal that makes sense.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Our forwards group is a problem, but it's mainly the center group of my middle 6. Neither Schenn or Hayes is a capable 2nd line center. That's why Buch was forced there at the end of the year.

The defense should be our main priority over this offseason. Tho, still get a 2C of you can make a deal that makes sense.
I'm kind of out of the loop, but why did we let ROR go again?

Seems like he'd be perfect in that spot.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022

Ope, almost had it...

That was such a wild finish. I had my phone in one hand and the app said it was going to OT. My stream was behind but as I was watching the lock dwindle down, I was thinking...'That must be an error. There's no way they...' Bang.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Because we weren't a playoff team and he was a free agent at the end of the season.
We can also factor in that he definitely looked better the majority of this season than he did that year, thus leading to us not resigning him when he hit free agency.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007

Ope, almost had it...

That was such a wild finish. I had my phone in one hand and the app said it was going to OT. My stream was behind but as I was watching the lock dwindle down, I was thinking...'That must be an error. There's no way they...' Bang.

Patrik Stefan's missed empty net makes Sissons look like Wayne Gretzky. On a backhand, not the best angle, a defender close enough to potentially get a stick on it, sure he should have made it, but c'mon. Stefan had like half the zone to skate it in in any way he wanted and still f***ed it up.

Granted, I don't remember the context of the season surrounding the game Stefan lost. This one likely more impactful.

Even if we're shoveling blame, I doubt you put Sissons top of the list when they still gave up 3 goals in five minutes, and likely win without any one of them.

Last edited:

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
After another rough game, Charlie Lindgren has pretty much proven what we already knew. Playoff-worst -3.72 GSAx after today's game. That's .66 points lower than the second-worst goaltender, Cam Talbot, who the Kings benched for David Rittich today.

If the Capitals had just average goaltending, there's a pretty decent chance they'd still be playing.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
After another rough game, Charlie Lindgren has pretty much proven what we already knew. Playoff-worst -3.72 GSAx after today's game. That's .66 points lower than the second-worst goaltender, Cam Talbot, who the Kings benched for David Rittich today.

If the Capitals had just average goaltending, there's a pretty decent chance they'd still be playing.
This is just being intentionally mindless.

The Capitals could have had prime Patrick Roy in net and they still would have lost this series. They have one of the worst offenses in the NHL, they simply can’t score. They have no firepower up front. Ovechkin is old and had 0 points this series. It’s a miracle they even made the playoffs with that group of forwards (and they only made it because of the goaltender). So now blaming the goalie is just pointless and invalid.

Reactions: TheDizee

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022

The Capitals could have had prime Patrick Roy in net and they still would have lost this series. They have one of the worst offenses in the NHL, they simply can’t score. They have no firepower up front. Ovechkin is old and had 0 points this series. It’s a miracle they even made the playoffs with that group of forwards (and they only made it because of the goaltender). So now blaming the goalie is just pointless and invalid.
Mindless is taking what I said to mean they'd win the series.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

chuckie sideburns haters are irrational. caps only got there bc of him and their PP did not produce at all this series, which is why they got swept.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
chuckie sideburns haters are irrational. caps only got there bc of him and their PP did not produce at all this series, which is why they got swept.

Maybe if chuckie would have made a save they could have won a game. He was the caps version of our Husso. Thank god we ditched them both.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Swinging the goalie conversation to the west coast, good job by Rittich though to hold the Oilers to a single goal, and some good defense by the Oilers and goaltending from Skinner as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad