Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
He's American. Heck, he played on Team USA in the World Championships just last year.

What I want to know is if he was driving a golf cart when he did all that.
I know. I was like "Waait a minute, he's American." You look at the name and go, "Oh he's Balkan, maybe Russian." Then you realize he's from Milwaukee. Thus, the edit.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I believe one of his parents is from Russia
Yes his dad is Belorussian and was playing in Milwaukee at the time, hence the birth there and the US Citizenship. Later on, the family globetrotted playing hockey. I remember at the draft people were saying how Galchenyuk spoke like 7 languages or something from times in various leagues as his dad moved around. So he also grew up in Russia when dad was back in the KHL for a while. Still, Galchenyuk always had US Citizenship and played for Team USA a few times, at the World Juniors and WC's.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Not sure if I see what is gross about that?
Well, I just think it's a bit weird that his dad still moves around with him apparently, when he's 30 and he's not even an NHL player anymore. Who really knows the dynamic, maybe dad just needs to be there to help out a troubled child. Dad trying to protect him after this incident seems noble enough on the surface, just... why was he even a few minutes away and able to show up to pick him up like that? Still?

Anyway, thanks Avs for making him the player in the contract dump so that we have the closer ties now to talk about this epic "former Pred". :D

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Aho re-signed long term in Carolina. It was definitely a pipe dream but there goes one of the shots at getting an elite UFA center.
...but maybe some hope that we can still find that guy without drafting top 3-5? He was 35th overall and they will likely have him for his entire career.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
...but maybe some hope that we can still find that guy without drafting top 3-5? He was 35th overall and they will likely have him for his entire career.
Yager, Danielson going ahead of our pick will take some of the second-guessing out of it if they hit and Wood misses. I don't think we have to worry tooooo much about Moore being that guy either. Or one of the guys picked after Molendyk?

So for now, it's Wood. Then we recalibrate with our #20 pick in 2024. And our #25 and #11 (TB's) pick in 2025. Rinse and repeat. If we don't draft the guy, then in about 20 years Trotz retires and we get somebody new at the helm to try. :D

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Average draft placement for the top 33 players labeled as centers by nhl.com is 20th overall (14th once you remove the outlier that is pavelski at 205th overall). It is certainly possible. 13 of the top 33 were drafted outside of the top 10. Only 6 were drafted out of the 1st round.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Ek saying AM talk is around 5-8 yrs and $12-14M per. Pass on that. WHAT has AM, JT, MM and WN brought Toronto? Takes more than 1 superstar. And apparently it takes more than 4.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Ek saying AM talk is around 5-8 yrs and $12-14M per. Pass on that. WHAT has AM, JT, MM and WN brought Toronto? Takes more than 1 superstar. And apparently it takes more than 4.
Ek was also saying LA is STILL after saros and we want a top 6 forward, d prospect, and a 1st

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Weirdly I think Toronto has a too many stars problem. They've spent so much money on those guys that they don't have any cap space to build a team around them. If they didn't sign Tavares and instead used that money to upgrade some of the other slots they'd be much better off.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would hand Matthews 8x$16M and not blink. He's 25. He has a 60-goal season, Hart, Calder, two Rocket Richards... he's 6'3"/210. We probably don't ever even get a crack at a player like this, but for sure we don't without driving a fleet of Brinks trucks up to his door. Toronto's issues are well-documented, they are not specific to one player who is in the top-10 players in the league. And I'm not even a Matthews fan, I rank him behind 4 or 5 other centers in the league. But the Cap will be over $100M after the first 3 years of that contract, and the very best players like McDavid should be getting more like $20M by then. Unless they shortchange themselves (which Matthews accepting $12-14M would be doing).

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Clarke, Byfield, and a 1st... ok then I'm listening.

Spence, Arvidsson, and a 1st... um, no.
If they were dumb enough to give us Clarke, Byfield, and a 1st you take that and run. Even if they offer a 1st, one of those 2 prospects, and arvidsson you find out what you can get for arvidsson around the league and consider it.

Im not interested in Spence either personally even though hes a pretry good prospect.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Not really sure where this goes, so I'll put it here. Fun little daily game.

Crossover Grid NHL 19 🏒 @CrossoverNHL 6 / 9:

🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Ottawa gets tarasenko and are now against the cap without a full roster. Roster looks decent but still some changes ahead. Their season will hinge on if Korpisalo can repeat last season or if he turns back into the pumpkin that the rest of his career has been

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad