Around the NHL - Part 1

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Long overdue. However, if he gets bounced and Shanahan stays, more NHL dumb.

1715265622726.png

Attachments

• 1715265595825.png
    1715265595825.png
    452.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Summer Rose

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

This is pretty absurd. I think the NHL will course correct eventually and realize changing coaches every 0-2 years doesn't necessarily make your team better. Moving on from Keefe made sense but some of the other moves where teams are firing head coaches basically because their goalies suck, is silly.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
League executives told Postmedia Wednesday they believe the Senators have either interviewed, had talks with or have interest in former Minnesota Wild coach Dean Evason, Craig Berube (St. Louis Blues), Todd McLellan (Los Angeles Kings) and New Jersey Devils’ interim coach Travis Green.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Took EDM series PL -1.5 at -125. Just like I did in the Kings series for +120.

Completely agree. Same goes for GMs for building and re-tooling teams. So glad they kept the coaching and management staff together
The David Quinn firing was the most peculiar to date. Like what did Grier expect? At some point (sooner than later) the heat will turn up on BA and AT but yes, glad they were kept together.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
This FLA group is definitely my second favorite team in the league right now. Such a fun group to watch with the skill and meanness. Barkov and Tkachuk are two of my favorite players in the league…two ex Coyotes in OEL and Cousins…hope they win it all this year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
League executives told Postmedia Wednesday they believe the Senators have either interviewed, had talks with or have interest in former Minnesota Wild coach Dean Evason, Craig Berube (St. Louis Blues), Todd McLellan (Los Angeles Kings) and New Jersey Devils’ interim coach Travis Green.

Ok, I'm really not a big fan of any of these. Maybe the Senators are thinking along the lines of BA and wanting a young coach who can maybe relate better than an older coach.:dunno:

Remember when the Oilers drafted Connor McDavid and then thought the solution in goal was...

Cam Talbot
Anders Nilsson
Mikko Koskinen
Mike Smith
Jack Campbell
Stuart Skinner

They've had a decade to figure this out.
Like TO and many other teams.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
There is a decent crop of names available right now. Going Green feels like going cheap. I thought things were supposed to change in Ottawa?
1 winning season out of 6 years coaching.

This seems like a lazy and confusing hire.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
This FLA group is definitely my second favorite team in the league right now. Such a fun group to watch with the skill and meanness. Barkov and Tkachuk are two of my favorite players in the league…two ex Coyotes in OEL and Cousins…hope they win it all this year.

I'm also in Florida's bandwagon. Lots of Finns in their roster, OEL finally playing meaningful games and they play very fun hockey too.

I hope they win it all

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Remember when the Oilers drafted Connor McDavid and then thought the solution in goal was...

Cam Talbot
Anders Nilsson
Mikko Koskinen
Mike Smith
Jack Campbell
Stuart Skinner

They've had a decade to figure this out.
I also remember when the Oilers decided that Laurent Brossoit wasn't any good and released him to go and win a Stanley Cup ring with another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad