Player Discussion Artem Zub (D) Part 2 [Extended 4 years @ $4.6M]

Codo37

Apr 7, 2008
Germany
Im actually interested in seeing what Zubs offensive ceiling is.

Now that the season is lost. The sens can do weird things like inserting him to the first PP to see what he has.
Zub on the PP is something I really want to see. He is such a smart player. And he can get shots through traffic or like yesterday shot/pass for a deflection. I think many fans would be surprised – I think it could work with Zub as PP quaterback!

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Zub on the PP is something I really want to see. He is such a smart player. And he can get shots through traffic or like yesterday shot/pass for a deflection. I think many fans would be surprised – I think it could work with Zub as PP quaterback!
He doesn't want to break the goalie with a cannon
Always look for a low shot from the point for a deflection or a rebound
He should see more PP time

• Love
Reactions: Codo37 and DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

He was a bit inconsistent this year so I guess this is why.
He's just protecting himself from a potential buyout... :sarcasm:

Lots of nagging injuries to key players this year.

Norris' shoulder was clearly not right.
Stutzle had a wrist issue from game 4 on
Chabot with a wrist surgery to clean something up.
Zub now with the foot issue,

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Feels like every year we wonder what this team would look like with a normal amount of injuries but we’ve never actually seen it.

Reactions: DrEasy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Stutzle with wrist and shoulder injury last year. It was kind of obvious with his wrist taped all year and neck/shoulder bands half the year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Feels like every year we wonder what this team would look like with a normal amount of injuries but we’ve never actually seen it.
This year is probably the closest we've gotten, we had a lot of nagging stuff though that while not truly healthy, at least they aren't out of the lineup. That said, add in the Pinto suspension and any improved health gets completely wiped out from a half season suspension.

Season​
Cap hit MGL Rank​
Net inj Rank (CH)​
Net inj Rank (LWAR)​
2023-24​
13th​
13th​
10th​
2022-23​
8th​
8th​
4th​
2021-22​
6th​
7th​
8th​

The Net column looks at injuries on a game by game basis compared to the opponent, so if they are missing 5 mil in CH to injury, and you are missing 7, you get a net 2m CH lots to injury, then summed at the end. This gives imo a more true impact of the injuries.

Now, there are some things that aren't included, like Pinto being suspended this year, but it still gives you perspective in how we've fared.

The question though is, are we always injured because of poor luck, or is staying healthy a skill set that our players lack. It's likely a bit of both, tbh.

Reactions: PlayOn

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
This year is probably the closest we've gotten, we had a lot of nagging stuff though that while not truly healthy, at least they aren't out of the lineup. That said, add in the Pinto suspension and any improved health gets completely wiped out from a half season suspension.

Season​
Cap hit MGL Rank​
Net inj Rank (CH)​
Net inj Rank (LWAR)​
2023-24​
13th​
13th​
10th​
2022-23​
8th​
8th​
4th​
2021-22​
6th​
7th​
8th​

The Net column looks at injuries on a game by game basis compared to the opponent, so if they are missing 5 mil in CH to injury, and you are missing 7, you get a net 2m CH lots to injury, then summed at the end. This gives imo a more true impact of the injuries.

Now, there are some things that aren't included, like Pinto being suspended this year, but it still gives you perspective in how we've fared.

The question though is, are we always injured because of poor luck, or is staying healthy a skill set that our players lack. It's likely a bit of both, tbh.
Thanks for sharing!

And alternatively are we always injured because we have worse training programs than other teams, less focus on nutrition etc. I think when Staios brought in Matt Nichol he mentioned he had a tough time staying healthy early in his career until he started working with him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for sharing!

And alternatively are we always injured because we have worse training programs than other teams, less focus on nutrition etc. I think when Staios brought in Matt Nichol he mentioned he had a tough time staying healthy early in his career until he started working with him.
For what it's worth, Bobby Ryan and York raved about our trainers and medical staff. That seems to have been an area where the team has a good reputation.

Reactions: aragorn

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Season​
Cap hit MGL Rank​
Net inj Rank (CH)​
Net inj Rank (LWAR)​
2023-24​
13th​
13th​
10th​
2022-23​
8th​
8th​
4th​
2021-22​
6th​
7th​
8th​

I wonder what's worse though: having a lot of injuries, or having a lot of players playing through injuries. For example, when Norris, who was clearly subpar, got injured, didn't our record get actually better?

I guess it depends on the player and on the nature of the injury. A subpar Stutzle is probably still better than any player who would replace him if he were to sit.

Reactions: PlayOn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad