ATD 2022 Draft Thread III (Final results in post 724)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
To clarify on this, Sturm and I never discussed "voting as one", so the reason you didn't get split votes in earlier rounds is because I forgot to vote in time :facepalm:

I thought the standard practice was to take co-GM votes as 0.5 pts, but I really don't know actually.

Thanks for doing this Theo.

I always counted co-GMs votes as full votes in the playoffs when I counted votes, though some co-GMs voluntarily only had 1 rep.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I always counted co-GMs votes as full votes in the playoffs when I counted votes, though some co-GMs voluntarily only had 1 rep.

I wasn't sure so I counted them as half, but it wouldn't have made any difference for the outcome of either series if I counted them as full votes either.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Finals thread has convinced me that I'll never win an ATD. Not interested in arguing like that. Lol
All of that arguing is not necessarily to either team's benefit.

I don't mind a little back and forth (or a lot of back and forth for that matter), but ultimately I think all a GM needs to do is make a case for their team. Some go further and that's fine, but it's not required.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
@Sturminator want to set a reasonable deadline on this?

Votes in for Monday?

Are you serious? This is the ATD Finals and the series thread was posted on Tuesday. We are Thursday evening. I didn't have time to post my own comments yet, nevermind engage in back and forth. Why the hurry? This is not a race.

Reasonable deadline would be to open voting Monday the 6th June.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Are you serious? This is the ATD Finals and the series thread was posted on Tuesday. We are Thursday evening. I didn't have time to post my own comments yet, nevermind engage in back and forth. Why the hurry? This is not a race.

Reasonable deadline would be to open voting Monday the 6th June.

You hadn't been very active in other series, so I just assumed life got in the way of the ATD.

Whatever you guys want, just didn't want this to go on indefinitely.

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
The Finals thread has convinced me that I'll never win an ATD. Not interested in arguing like that. Lol

Yes, it's easily the worst part of the ATD.

A couple of try-hards going overboard to outduel each other in trying to make everyone think they're the smartest person in the room.

Comical in a sense, but the grand majority of us will just be voting by looking at the rosters and not bothering to sift through all the crap in that thread.

• Love
Reactions: sr edler

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Yes, it's easily the worst part of the ATD.

A couple of try-hards going overboard to outduel each other in trying to make everyone think they're the smartest person in the room.

Comical in a sense, but the grand majority of us will just be voting by looking at the rosters and not bothering to sift through all the crap in that thread.

Actually, the worst part of the ATD is easily the excessive whining from certain quarters.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I have voted.

Special thanks to Theo for once again taking time to handle the draft order and post draft votes as well as the HoH members who cast their votes!

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
13 ballots received.

Vancouver defeat Montreal 4-3
1star: Bobby Orr. 2nd star: Bobby Hull. 3rd stars: Cyclone Taylor and Sergei Makarov (tied).

Voters: @Batis, @Claude The Fraud, @DannyGallivan, @Dennis Bonvie, @Hawkey Town 18, @ImporterExporter, @nabby12, @Professor What, @The Macho King, @TheDevilMadeMe, @tinyzombies, @tony d, @Voight

If you want me to post the (anonymized) voting records for the sake of transparency I will gladly do that, but I'm heading into a vacation, so I won't get to do it before July in all likeliness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad