Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Even Murat has the knives out a bit for Bowness in his latest piece.

giphy.gif

Reactions: WolfHouse

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really thought the Jets' depth was going to expose the Avs lack of depth this year. But Georgiev has hardly been tested (past game 1) regardless of which players the Avs put out there. Plus what happened to Jennings Trophy winning hockey?
Avs fan in peace: the pre-deadline Avs did lack depth; post-deadline is another story.

I did not, however, foresee Hellebuyck having issues like this during the series. I expected Georgiev to be in issue.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
players "we need to make adjustments, they did and it's working"
coaches "I'd rather lose then make adjustments"

I can't believe Bones would rather lose coaching via gut. Your getting paid millions a year and you are flying by what your stomach says...

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I can't believe Bones would rather lose coaching via gut. Your getting paid millions a year and you are flying by what your stomach says...

I'd be surprised if Bowness is getting A million let alone millions.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I'd be surprised if Bowness is getting A million let alone millions.
he got 2.5 a year and could make 3 next year

I just don't understand that thinking, it would be one thing if he was trying to make adjustments but the players weren't listening but it seems like it's "do what I'm telling you but better"

Reactions: Cypruss and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I just don't understand that thinking, it would be one thing if he was trying to make adjustments but the players weren't listening but it seems like it's "do what I'm telling you but better"

Seems like he has one scheme and it works or it doesn't. If it doesn't there are no adjustments.

Reactions: Cypruss

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Hard to believe it's happening again, but it's happening again.
Not really.

It happened in Game 1. The Avs goalie just sucked that game, but the Jets were clearly outplayed, and nearly lost. The Jets should ahve adjusted their style. However, their defense fell apart. They should have rested Hellebuyck since he was rattled for 3 games, but chose not to.

Now the Jets will get everything they deserve. Imagine being this much in trouble, and the coaching solution is to call up AJF?

Reactions: surixon

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
New coach is obviously priority #1 for the off season. We need to know exactly what we have with this group of players.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It is not the coaches. If turns into a blame the coaches thing I don't know what to say. The players results through 3 coaches speaks for itself.

Problem is we are stuck with them, so what is the solution?

If Bones isn't making adjustments then that is pretty damning.

Reactions: Bigfish

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It is not the coaches. If thus turns into a blame the coaches thing I don't know what to say. The players results through 3 coaches speaks for itself.

You going back to Noel? It's basically an entirely different roster now. The roster in 2014 was basically the Atlanta thrashers still.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It is not the coaches. If turns into a blame the coaches thing I don't know what to say. The players results through 3 coaches speaks for itself.
it's both, when your coach is unwilling to make changes and is happier to lose coaching his way then that is a major problem, and lowry doesn't count as a head coach, he was a stop gap that kept maurice systems in place

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
it's both, when your coach is unwilling to make changes and is happier to lose coaching his way then that is a major problem, and lowry doesn't count as a head coach, he was a stop gap that kept maurice systems in place

They need a tactician as their next coach. No idea of that is Arniel or not.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Ya let's just keep rolling out the same flawed core year after year after year and blame the coaches.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Ya let's just keep rolling out the same flawed core year after year after year and blame the coaches.
I mean both can be at fault but at least one is wanting to make adjustments to the game plan and the other doesn't...

Reactions: JetsUK

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Capfriendly is telling me he is pulling in $2.5 million this year and his team option next year is for $3 million.

That's nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad