Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 1, Avs lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Also it is actually more their depth dominating our team then it is Mack. We have actually have done a decent job keeping him off the scoreboard 5 on 5. Which just goes to show you how important adjustments are. Middelstat is eating whoever he's out against alive as is their bottom 6.
yup, don't see how anyone can just blame one line or player when it's the whole team getting crushed, like when you see our whole team spending the night in our zone your conclusion shouldn't be "scheifele doesn't listen to coaches"

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
yup, don't see how anyone can just blame one line or player when it's the whole team getting crushed, like when you see our whole team spending the night in our zone your conclusion shouldn't be "scheifele doesn't listen to coaches"
All the lines are getting crushed because your defensemen can’t carry the puck out of the DZ.
When they were talking about frauds they were talking about the jets defense men other than Morrissey.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I can't believe Bones would rather lose coaching via gut. Your getting paid millions a year and you are flying by what your stomach says...
I guess that explains why he played Stanley over Miller... Even just having a right hander in would help. Wonder what Miller did to get on Bone's bad gut instinct side so quickly... It was kind of a logical move. We don't even need to talk about all the other suboptimal roster choices... Because he's not bothering to optimize and clearly never will.

Reactions: Orrrules

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just hope the Jets play all out at home and somehow get a win . Play Miller tell Stanley where the door to the Moose dressing room is and sit whoever else you want and put Perfetti in. Just don't go out of the playoffs playing like this because the Winnipeg fans deserve more than this. If Colorado was the top team in the league and we were the last team to make the playoffs i wouldn't be happy about our play but the fact we were the 4th overall team in the NHL and we are getting shit kicked like this just makes it so damn frustrating . Hope Namestnikov is ok , we already had Little have to retire because of the exact same thing.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Not really.

It happened in Game 1. The Avs goalie just sucked that game, but the Jets were clearly outplayed, and nearly lost. The Jets should ahve adjusted their style. However, their defense fell apart. They should have rested Hellebuyck since he was rattled for 3 games, but chose not to.

Now the Jets will get everything they deserve. Imagine being this much in trouble, and the coaching solution is to call up AJF?

Well, I meant it's hard to believe that what's happened so often in previous years is happening again. Not completely unforeseen by some of us, but still sort of hard to believe it's playing out in such a familiar way...

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
New coach is obviously priority #1 for the off season. We need to know exactly what we have with this group of players.
Agree but WE ALL KNOW it’s Arniel
Nothing will change
Our prospects will not play
Goodbye
Ehlers
Brossoit and maybe a couple of others.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Well, I meant it's hard to believe that what's happened so often in previous years is happening again. Not completely unforeseen by some of us, but still sort of hard to believe it's playing out in such a familiar way...

I think it was written on the wall the entire time. I remember telling my best friend after the Dallas and Colorado game "wow my Jets just found a new way in getting the fanbase's hopes up - they just defeated their 2 biggest rivals lately 10-0 on the road in consecutive games and are on the way to end the regular season on a season high winning streak. They'll be 3-0 against their first round opponents which are thought of as cup contenders. The table is perfectly set for a big let down - which is 100% how they roll! Awesome! It will be very frustrating to watch that series"

Even my cynical self at that moment didn't expect them to win the first game - make that let down even bigger once they go 0-4 after that. Not bad Jets, gotta admit. Finding new ways even after all those years.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think we're well beyond figuring out "what we have" with this group of players. We definitely need a new coach...which was pretty much a given the day Bones was hired...he was essentially pulled back out of retirement when he came here. He's not coming back for another year (hopefully). But the core needs to be shuffled too. Probably Ehlers...but I'm not sure we ever get far with 55 as our #1 center.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
their coach made adjustments and they seem to be paying off, while our coach is saying stick to the system instead of trying to make different adjustments himself
Um, the players aren't even playing the original system that he's put into place. That's why we're getting crushed.

Maybe the players should try playing the system that brought them 4th in the league. That's the adjustment that needs to be made

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Um, the players aren't even playing the original system that he's put into place. That's why we're getting crushed.

Maybe the players should try playing the system that brought them 4th in the league. That's the adjustment that needs to be made

Did you not make the point in the other thread that saying "just play their game" was overly simplistic because it removes the other team from the equation and the other team might not let them play their game?

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
As much as I hate to admit it, there;s a lot of truth to this post. Maybe one of the "softies" should be traded ??
I think one of the needs a change of scenery. I also think the defence needs major upgrading supposedly the big swede is going to be a game changer but it is definitely next year ville for the Jets

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I think I'd like to see Brossoit start the next game. Right now, I think Helle's confidence is shot, and sitting at a very low point. What do other posters think about this ??
I agree. He is letting in goals he normally dosnt. Especially the five hole. But True North loyalty will prevent that from ever happening. They tend to always die on the hill they make without fail.

The only problem with Ville next year on the Jets defense is that he can't defend worth 2 shits.
Then they should recognize that and move on from him while he still has value. Thats what pro active teams do. But we all know True North very rarely gives up on their own.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Lot of Bowness lap dogs on this forum, weird. The team abandoned his system 30 games ago. You can blame the players but that is on him too. Why would they stop playing that way when we were winning? Did Bowness change anything? Did the players go rogue? Why couldn't he control them?

Special teams are an absolute disgrace. That is directly on him. Our penalty kill in this series is literally the worst I have ever seen. It is so f***ing pathetic.

Roster decisions are hilariously bad, Perfetti not playing a game and using f***ing Gus and AHL AJF instead? Pionk playing 20 minutes a night? Insanity.

Adjustments? Those don't exist apparently.

There is lots of blame to go around. Hellebuyck has flat out not been good, Scheifele/Ehlers/Monahan/Toffoli all MIA, but to act like Bowness has no blame in the matter is asinine.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
So, fourth overall in the league, Jennings winner, probably Vezina winner, 30+ games in a row giving up 2-3 goals only, and it all ends tomorrow night in the rain.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I think I'd like to see Brossoit start the next game. Right now, I think Helle's confidence is shot, and sitting at a very low point. What do other posters think about this ??
Can you point out moments in the past 2 games where his confidence looked low?
Chances he should have saved?

Goaltending is likely the smallest issue the team is having in the series.

No goalie in the history of the game is saving some of the pucks going in our net.

We are not losing because of Helles play. It’s the play in front of him that is sinking us.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Can you point out moments in the past 2 games where his confidence looked low?
Chances he should have saved?

Goaltending is likely the smallest issue the team is having in the series.

No goalie in the history of the game is saving some of the pucks going in our net.

We are not losing because of Helles play. It’s the play in front of him that is sinking us.
Have to disagree, our forwards have been lacklustre our D suspect but Helly really has been subpar, his numbers sure don’t lie, he doesn’t seem to be able to elevate his game in the PO’s! A real Winnipeg Jet!

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Can anyone explain the rationale of letting Nichuskin stand uncontested between Helle and our defense on the powerplay. It happens so often it must be intentional.

I would compare it to Colorado's penalty kill but we never stand in front of their goalie.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Can anyone explain the rationale of letting Nichuskin stand uncontested between Helle and our defense on the powerplay. It happens so often it must be intentional.

I would compare it to Colorado's penalty kill but we never stand in front of their goalie.
Really bad penalty killing pure and simple.I would rather we just go full on aggressive on the penalty kill trying to score a shorty because we are just sitting back and getting scored on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad