Prospect Info: Avs draft F Calum Ritchie (2023 #27 overall)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
who is better between callum and cowan who was taken one spot later
It is too early to say... Cowan is a far more dynamic player with a much better motor... and he's gritty. Ritchie has a NHL frame while still having good skill. I don't think Cowan will translate at center... but a Konecny sort of winger is within his range.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
It is too early to say... Cowan is a far more dynamic player with a much better motor... and he's gritty. Ritchie has a NHL frame while still having good skill. I don't think Cowan will translate at center... but a Konecny sort of winger is within his range.

I think Cowan is a guarantee to be a 3rd line winger with the potential to be a 2nd liner

kid works way too hard and has enough skill

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
So, Ritchie can't play in the AHL next season, due to age. Options are 1) the NHL, if he makes the team. Probably will depend on how he does in training camp. 2) Back to the OHL, but sub-optimal. Or, 3) Sign Ritchie and loan him to a European club for next season. Yes???

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So, Ritchie can't play in the AHL next season, due to age. Options are 1) the NHL, if he makes the team. Probably will depend on how he does in training camp. 2) Back to the OHL, but sub-optimal. Or, 3) Sign Ritchie and loan him to a European club for next season. Yes???

Not sure about the Europe option, but yeah I believe all that is accurate.

I think the big question regarding Ritchie is what's worse for his development:

- Go back to the OHL and risk stagnation
- Put him in the NHL too early and risk overwhelming him

Personally, I'd probably send him back. Less risky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad