Confirmed with Link: Avs trade Ben Meyers to the Ducks for a 5th round pick

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Honestly, in my view, he's nothing but an AHL vet-to-be, so getting a draft pick for him is fine with me.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Such a shame. Always felt like he was just one step behind being an NHL player. Had the speed for sure, didn't shy away from contact and had the work ethic, but he just seemed one split second slow in his decision making. Couldn't make that pass or deke, whatever, fast enough. Best of luck to him in Anaheim but he's likely a AAAA player...if that.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I was wondering when Anaheim had acquired him and thought it was a fair price for some rental depth as a 4C in case for some reason two or three centres get injured.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Maybe this will be a better opportunity for him? Spending time with Cronin probably didnt hurt.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Meyers was an important player for the Eagles so I am surprised they would trade him now when the Eagles are fighting for 1st place in their division. They could have done that deal in the summer. There mus be something else going on with that.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Free signing. Paid minimally while here. Was injured fairly frequently (but I believe that is just life in the AHL). Converted into a 5th.

The Avs make some really shrewd moves at the lower levels. It's just a crying shame that stuff like this or when MacFarland picks up a waiver claim and later flips them for a pick...it's just lost on amateur scouts that don't even know what to do with the ammunition they do have.

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
My fifth round pick has a second name it's M-E-Y-E-R-S

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Free signing. Paid minimally while here. Was injured fairly frequently (but I believe that is just life in the AHL). Converted into a 5th.

The Avs make some really shrewd moves at the lower levels. It's just a crying shame that stuff like this or when MacFarland picks up a waiver claim and later flips them for a pick...it's just lost on amateur scouts that don't even know what to do with the ammunition they do have.
Im still hoping we let the pro scouts use it as ammunition for another trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad