Injury Report: Beauchemin: Torn ACL (surgery to come)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The Ducks had a defense cobbled together of career 3-5 guys, three of whom could be a 2D with the right partner and one of whom was playing at a 1D level this year. There were injuries to the #1, #2, #3 and wherever you want to put Sbisa. They weren't going anywhere even if they had beaten Detroit. Hard to pin that on Boudreau's coaching.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Injuries shouldn't be an excuse. Every single team has injuries in the playoffs - we just don't know what Detroit's are yet because they're still playing.

I agree they weren't going anywhere if they beat Detroit but the fact we lost is still a disappointment.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Injuries shouldn't be an excuse. Every single team has injuries in the playoffs - we just don't know what Detroit's are yet because they're still playing.

I agree they weren't going anywhere if they beat Detroit but the fact we lost is still a disappointment.

I agree that injuries should not be an excuse per se. But I can understand if our best defenseman lost at least half a step and some ability to dig hard as well as if our captain couldn't fully use an ankle. Those are pretty debilitating issues to possibly the 2 best players (F and D) on the team. But then we're back to the young guys played pretty good, Teemu looked his age, and Bobby and Perry sucked. Not a surprising result all things considered.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The problem was even with the injuries Beauch and Getzlaf were our best forward and defenseman respectively (you could possibly make a case for Fowler on defense but Getz was by far our best forward).

I'm not saying coaching is the problem (although I thought some of the decisions Boudreau made were questionable) but that it's very much a disappointing result and excuses are lame. We should have won.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Perry needs a good Summer of conditioning hard. He looked slow and out of shape most of the season.

As for the injuries, it can't be the main excuse. Even banged up we should have been able to handle that Detroit team.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Of course injuries are an excuse when you're discussing a team that was winning by being better than the sum of its parts. And the team that wins the Cup is usually the one with the fewest serious injuries. At any rate I think all the "I don't know if we can win in the playoffs with Boudreau" posts are rather questionable, unless they think Babcock could have squeaked out a win with the same injuries.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
2nd first round exit in a row.

The regular season may have been a success but at the end of the day we were a 2 seed playing a 7 seed and we lost. That's not good enough no matter what the circumstances.

Damn, yes, i forgot 09.
3 of last 4 then it is.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
2nd first round exit in a row.

The regular season may have been a success but at the end of the day we were a 2 seed playing a 7 seed and we lost. That's not good enough no matter what the circumstances.
We were the 2 seed because of the condensed season. We could have easily landed somewhere in the 4 to 8 range if we have to go 82 games playing this way. With that said, we also suffered from issues that will be unique to this season, and shouldn't be there next year.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
After refusing to re-sign him in the first place then giving away a good defense prospect and a top 6 forward. Truly genius

He didnt resign him because he had just acquired 2 other top 4 defender through trades and there was no room for Beauchemin.

Once again doing what you say he never does. Acquire defensemen. Just pick another subject to hate him for. This one is not working out for you.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He didnt resign him because he had just acquired 2 other top 4 defender through trades and there was no room for Beauchemin.

Once again doing what you say he never does. Acquire defensemen. Just pick another subject to hate him for. This one is not working out for you.

There was still room for Beauch. Our D going into that season was Nieds, Wiz, Whitney and a bunch of plugs. We clearly needed him that year.

Leizi

Jan 13, 2011
Finland
So a year when our best D guy is injured and one of the solid Ds gets taken out by a dirty dirty hit while a top guy sucks balls (Perry). Sounds about right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad