Management Bill Guerin

How is Guerin Doing?

• Total voters

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
First of all...AKL nowhere to be seen since Jan 2, hope he's okay.

Guerin treated Wallstedt like crap imo. Then he considers activating Kaprizov who's obviously not 100% healthy (game time decision). But I get it, Guerin's getting desperate, he's about to lose the playoff race.

Question is what will happen if it becomes clear that the Wild are out of the playoffs. We know the GM is an emotional guy, and so is the owner. It wouldn't surprise me if he blows everything up and starts a fire sale.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
First of all...AKL nowhere to be seen since Jan 2, hope he's okay.

Guerin treated Wallstedt like crap imo. Then he considers activating Kaprizov who's obviously not 100% healthy (game time decision). But I get it, Guerin's getting desperate, he's about to lose the playoff race.

Question is what will happen if it becomes clear that the Wild are out of the playoffs. We know the GM is an emotional guy, and so is the owner. It wouldn't surprise me if he blows everything up and starts a fire sale.
Funny.

He's given out too many extensions with NTCs/NMCs to do this.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Top 6 players he can trade this season:

Kaprizov, Zuccarello (M-NTC), Boldy and Eriksson Ek.

Also most bottom 6 guys and some d-men.
Trading Kaprizov, Boldy and/or Eriksson Ek after handing out extensions to Zuccarello, Foligno and Hartman would be so sadly funny.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Trading Kaprizov, Boldy and/or Eriksson Ek after handing out extensions to Zuccarello, Foligno and Hartman would be so sadly funny.
Just saying he has the options. And we know Guerin when he gets mad, for example when Talbot was traded on the spot after a conversation he didn't appreciate.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

How many gritty tough locker room guys will Guerin lobby for on the 2026 Olympic team?

Questionable personnel decisions aside... the bullying investigation is ongoing, no? The Skalde case may be resolved but it alleged that Guerin urged them to shut up about it.

And he gave Ryan Hartman an NMC.

USA! Also the organization that gave John Vanbiesbrouck an executive role despite all it knew about the Trevor Daley incident(s).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tough news for him will be that his 3rd line centerpiece, Marcus Foligno, played for team Canada in the past and is ineligible for Team USA. The "good" news is, there's another Foligno that IS eligible for the spot.
That's ok, Stramel will take Marcus's place.

Reactions: BagHead

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Olympics are gonna have some #grit #leadership

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Not a bad move picking up Chisholm.
Same with trading peanuts for Gus & Middleton. And acquiring Faber. And drafting Yurov, Wallstedt & Rossi. And the Boldy & JEE contracts looks terrific.

Even the extensions, unnecessary & premature as they were, look better now that we are scrambling to find any Top 9 bodies.

If he can hold off on the term to veterans (Spurgeon, Zucc, Foligno) and learn to make a decent 2nd round pick (9 in last 4 years and no NHLers yet) we might turn out ok in the long-run.

He’s not a terrible GM in my eyes but I can’t stand how arrogant & vindictive he is.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even the extensions, unnecessary & premature as they were, look better now that we are scrambling to find any Top 9 bodies.
The extensions have zero effect on that... and moving forward will only ensure that issue continues.

His draft picks look good as long as he stays hands off... the moment he injects himself on the process? Stramel.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
The extensions have zero effect on that... and moving forward will only ensure that issue continues.

His draft picks look good as long as he stays hands off... the moment he injects himself on the process? Stramel.
That’s why I called them unnecessary. But look at our depth at F right now. We have one injury and we can’t even field 2 decent scoring lines.

Agree with you on Stramel. It feels like he stepped in but we really have no way to know for sure

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That’s why I called them unnecessary. But look at our depth at F right now. We have one injury and we can’t even field 2 decent scoring lines.

Agree with you on Stramel. It feels like he stepped in but we really have no way to know for sure
This is a message board, not a court of law. We fling accusations around with no evidence to back it up all the time.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
People keep saying we have no way of knowing for sure if Guerin stepped in on the Stramel pick, that may be true, but we can take a very educated guess and be about 90% sure. And with nothing to indicate otherwise, I'm comfortable with that 90%.

Reactions: TaLoN

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
This is a message board, not a court of law. We fling accusations around with no evidence to back it up all the time.
Some more than others. It’s awfully convenient for the curmudgeons to blame Guerin for the one glaringly bad pick while lauding Brackett for the good ones

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How does that point to Stramel as a Guerin pick and everyone else as a Brackett pick?

Because Brackett was the one who all but explicitly stated that Stramel was not on top of their list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad