Buffalo Bills Bills off-season part 4: Draft begins 4/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Wyatt with a runaway win, 66.7% of the vote. Penning gets added.

New poll: 2022 HF Bills Big Board 31

1. Aiden Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan (72.7%)
2. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE Oregon (72.7%)
3. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (66.7%)
4. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (72.7%)
5. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (44.4%)
6. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa (28.6%)
6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (28.6%)
8. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (30%)
9. Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M (42.9%)
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (25%)
10. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson (25%)
12. Jermaine Johnson, EDGE, Florida State (28.6%)
12. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia (28.6%)
14. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (50%)
15. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah (37.5%)
16. Drake London, WR, USC (42.9%)
17. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas (33.3%)
17. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (33.3%)
19. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (57.1%)
20. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia (55.6%)
21. Zion Johnson, G, Boston College (44.4%)
22. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (33.3%)
22. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama (33.3%)
24. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State (66.7%)
25. Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (50%)
26. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (60%)
27. Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State (50%)
28. George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (33.3%)
28. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington (33.3%)
30. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (66.7%)

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

I'm voting Pitre again. I've posted his bio enough, so today a highlight video.If you care to watch, pay particular attention to how all over the field his presnap lineups are. He plays literally every position except DT. A true swiss army knife on defense.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Fun prospect to check out as a late round flier: Troy Andersen

LB with 4.4 speed. Was recruited out of college as a QB and LB. Still developing and refining his LB skills, where he plays full time, but presents immediately as a special teams piece and a fun gadget guy on offense.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
He is going to turn 29 during the upcoming season. How many WRs production continues as is into their 30s? He would be a statistical outlier to be still producing at this rate at age 32. It is simple as that. It is not impossible he will continue to excel like he has, but it is unlikely.

He has been arguably a top 5 receiver the last few years. He isn't an athletic freak who may break down, he is a technician who runs some of the cleanest routes against press coverage. The prototypical WR1 now a days is a route tech who can get open and make space. Look at Kupp, Diggs, Adams, Samuel they should all continue being top receivers well into their 30's because of that. I'm fine taking a receiver in the draft I just don't think we need to be thinking about replacing Diggs, yet.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Fun prospect to check out as a late round flier: Troy Andersen

LB with 4.4 speed. Was recruited out of college as a QB and LB. Still developing and refining his LB skills, where he plays full time, but presents immediately as a special teams piece and a fun gadget guy on offense.
As I've said before, I'm all in favor of Bills acquiring unpolished "freak athletes" as late round picks and UDFAs.

Is he too heavy for a "big-nickel" hybrid S / coverage LB role in the Bills 4-2-5 scheme? With experience at QB and multiple positions, one would assume he "sees the field well" and can learn.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
As I've said before, I'm all in favor of Bills acquiring unpolished "freak athletes" as late round picks and UDFAs.

Is he too heavy for a "big-nickel" hybrid S / coverage LB role in the Bills 4-2-5 scheme? With experience at QB and multiple positions, one would assume he "sees the field well" and can learn.
I'm no expert on him, but sure maybe? He's a super raw athlete that I imagine if you're drafting you hope grows into a role a few years down the line. Maybe he could be a big nickel or sub LB? Maybe he could be a blitzing LB? It's really tough to project, but at his size, speed, work ethic, and 3-phase versatility, I mostly just think he would be fun to see develop.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

JoJo Domann is another big nickel type of player.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Vote Penning. Add Christian Harris.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Just catching up on running backs with the buzz that Beane’s looking for one, and my goodness does Isaiah Spiller look like Fred Jackson when he runs. It’s uncanny.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I just want to proclaim my love for Crowder. He might not be as reliable and as good a route runner as Beasley but he is a heck of a slot receiver with a much cheaper price.

Possibly my favorite move so far. Miller is certainly exciting but comes with some risk. The only risk with Crowder is that he looks too good to resign and helps our comp pick formula when he signs a big deal somewhere else next year.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I just want to proclaim my love for Crowder. He might not be as reliable and as good a route runner as Beasley but he is a heck of a slot receiver with a much cheaper price.

Possibly my favorite move so far. Miller is certainly exciting but comes with some risk. The only risk with Crowder is that he looks too good to resign and helps our comp pick formula when he signs a big deal somewhere else next year.
Yup. Not quite at Beasley's level in those areas, but still a good slot receiver if healthy. Of course, Beasley is a lot older. I assume he'll be slowing down soon if not already.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yup. Not quite at Beasley's level in those areas, but still a good slot receiver if healthy. Of course, Beasley is a lot older. I assume he'll be slowing down soon if not already.
Seems like a slightly less precise route runner, but brings more speed/athleticism and a bit more blocking ability

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Just catching up on running backs with the buzz that Beane’s looking for one, and my goodness does Isaiah Spiller look like Fred Jackson when he runs. It’s uncanny.

There's a lot to like about Spiller 2.0 but I don't ever want to see another Fred Jackson on this team in it's current form. Fred and CJ bring me back to the nightmare of screen passes and a Gailey offense that couldn't push the sticks on a deep pass.

They have their place in Buffalo lore and I love Freddie, too. But if we have a guy like him getting that much attention on our offense there must be a real problem with our coordinator or Allen is injured. I think we saw the future in the last few games of the season and the playoffs. It won't be Josh rushing that much, but it won't be much of an established run game, either. We can just do what NE did for like two decades and use all of our WRs and TEs for short gains and spell them with Singletary.

If I never see Zack Moss again, btw, that'd be cool.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Also, not that big of a deal, but never could get behind Moss after him and the Pittsburgh player last July were sharing videos of a cat falling off a building with laughing emojis. Just seemed like a gross thing to laugh at in general and then to post it online was beyond the pale. I don't think Zack is the sharpest tool in the shed...

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

I was going to post much of this, but the article nails it. Crowder is a better Cole Beasley. He outproduced Cole's first 5 years with significantly worse QBs throwing him the ball. Assuming he gets on the field a bunch, he should really exceed the expectations of most on here.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Amen to this. As said - i think it's the best signing of the window by ANY team given the contract & what other receivers have been getting.

It hadn't even dawned on me that he'd be available or a viable option to be honest. I thought the best we would get for that money would be a Braxton Berrios type.

Also - i think it got lost in the thread change over - where do you think Max Borghi gets drafted? You seemed to think he'd be long gone by R7 which is where he was in the mock i posted...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Amen to this. As said - i think it's the best signing of the window by ANY team given the contract & what other receivers have been getting.

It hadn't even dawned on me that he'd be available or a viable option to be honest. I thought the best we would get for that money would be a Braxton Berrios type.

Also - i think it got lost in the thread change over - where do you think Max Borghi gets drafted? You seemed to think he'd be long gone by R7 which is where he was in the mock i posted...
I think a guy like Borghi is hard to gauge. I think there will be a lot of teams that feel he is a 6 or 7th or priority UDFA type prospect. But, all it takes is one team to fall in love with him to make him go early.

It's kind of like the punt god. Most teams will view punter as a position where you don't draft a guy until late day 3, of at all. But, all it takes is one team to think he is worth a Day 2 to early Day 3 pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad