Tribute Blackhawks by the numbers

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Oh, I'm not arguing that Amonte's jersey should be retired, just that if I have to pick the better player between Amonte and Sharp, I would pick Amonte. However, as a fan, I'm much fonder of Sharp given his role in the cup wins. Do you think Sharp should have his number retired?

I probably wouldnt retire Sharps jersey if it were up to me. I also wouldnt be outraged or eye-roll it like I do Magnuson.

Sharp was a key top 6 player and the leading goal-scorer in 2 of the 3 cup runs.

Ultimately, over time, I think all 7 triple-cup winners will be in the rafters.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I probably wouldnt retire Sharps jersey if it were up to me. I also wouldnt be outraged or eye-roll it like I do Magnuson.

Sharp was a key top 6 player and the leading goal-scorer in 2 of the 3 cup runs.

Ultimately, over time, I think all 7 triple-cup winners will be in the rafters.

EIGHT triple-cup winners
Toews Kane Keith Hossa Sharp Seabrook Hjalmarsson and BICKELL

Pickle never gets the credit he deserves...

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I updated it today...

No more takers at these numbers?
It's been fun to see everyone's choices

14 - the legend of Billy Gardner
34 - Tony Horacek I guess?
37 - Adam Burish definitely. He was a fan favorite and he's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
43 - Wiz I guess?
44- Peluso no question
45 - (crickets)
47 - (crickets)
53 - (crickets)
54 - (crickets)
58 - (crickets)
94 - Berezin

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
14 - the legend of Billy Gardner
34 - Tony Horacek I guess?
37 - Adam Burish definitely. He was a fan favorite and he's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
43 - Wiz I guess?
44- Peluso no question
45 - (crickets)
47 - (crickets)
53 - (crickets)
54 - (crickets)
58 - (crickets)
94 - Berezin

Definitely Wiz for 43.

Khabibulin at 53

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
EIGHT triple-cup winners
Toews Kane Keith Hossa Sharp Seabrook Hjalmarsson and BICKELL

Pickle never gets the credit he deserves...
Well Bicks didn't play enough games to get his name etched in the cup in 2010, so he generally doesn't quality. But is the best 29 I know of.

Did anyone wear 14 before the late retiring Chris Kunitz or is he the best for it?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I liked Bully but Bickell had more talent in his baby finger and he was a factor in at least one Cup for Hawks.

Unfortunately Bickell didn't use it. Not Bulley's fault Hawks had no playoff chances at that time. He was a beast who could score and fight.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I wish I was a fan back in the mid to late 90’s so I could’ve seen some of these guys play. All I know from Amonte are the posters on my cousin’s wall and when I’d play hockey video games
ya Amonte had tons of speed and had a good shot. Roenick could do it all both on the ice and in Sega lol. I believe he was the best player in that game (Sega 93' perhaps)

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Kessel is another fast guy, with a good shot, but doesn't have near the agility Amonte had. Amonte's skating was phenomenal, and he had some great hands. Kane is a weird comp, I agree. But at the time I wasn't sure how to describe him.

Now that I think about it, Pastrnak is probably the closest player to Amonte, in today's NHL.
not bad comparison but Amonte was faster than Pasta. Amonte was one of the fastest in league if I remember, maybe Barzalish?

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Well Bicks didn't play enough games to get his name etched in the cup in 2010, so he generally doesn't quality. But is the best 29 I know of.

Did anyone wear 14 before the late retiring Chris Kunitz or is he the best for it?
well we did have Theo Fleury for a bit

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
ya Amonte had tons of speed and had a good shot. Roenick could do it all both on the ice and in Sega lol. I believe he was the best player in that game (Sega 93' perhaps)
I've said this before but Roenick was vastly underrated. IMO, he was a top-5 Blackhawk player all-time. Unfortunately, his reckless abandon playing style caught up with him and shortened his career (as a top player).

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I've said this before but Roenick was vastly underrated. IMO, he was a top-5 Blackhawk player all-time. Unfortunately, his reckless abandon playing style caught up with him and shortened his career (as a top player).
JR is not, and never was, even close to top 5 Hawks all time.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
See what I mean.

JR in his prime was better than Savard, better than Larmer, better than Amonte... better than most Hawk forwards over the years. Present-day Hawks could only dream of having the same commitment and compete in their game.

The mix for me at the top is in no particular order. Savvy, Stosh, Hull, Kane, Larmer and JR.

I could, begrudgingly, move Gramps to #6

Reactions: BobbyJet

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
In no particular order, Mikita, Hull, Savard, Larmer, Hall, Espo, Keith, Pilote, Kane, Toews, Chelios, Amonte, Wilson all rank ahead of JR. There are others who, while a lot less talented, were better Hawks. Hell, I'd throw Crawford in there as well.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The mix for me at the top is in no particular order. Savvy, Stosh, Hull, Kane, Larmer and JR.

I could, begrudgingly, move Gramps to #6

Maybe if we're only considering forwards.

I was only comparing forwards.
When JR put up 103,107 and 107 points he outscored his nearest teammate by 24,29 and 37 points. Similar to when Kane had his 100+ point seasons.

Additionally JR was crushing people, never a minus player on the Hawks and was a speed burner. He really was that good.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was only comparing forwards.
When JR put up 103,107 and 107 points he outscored his nearest teammate by 24,29 and 37 points. Similar to when Kane had his 100+ point seasons.

Additionally JR was crushing people, never a minus player on the Hawks and was a speed burner. He really was that good.

Yup!
But you just knew that he was subject to injury with that style... something like Orr. And sadly, it happened.
Roenick would kick ass in today's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad