Tribute Blackhawks' Dynasty

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
with today's announcement of Corey Crawford retiring I thought I'd put out a Dynasty reminder...2010 Cup Champs 2013 Cup Champs and 2015 Cup Champs

Still playing...
Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook with 3 and still with the Hawks
Hjalmarsson with 3 in Arizona
Shaw with 2 still with the Hawks
Saad with 2 in Colorado
Ladd and Leddy with 1 and in NYIsland
Frolik with 1 in Montreal
Teravainen with 1 in Carolina
Nordstrom with 1 in Calgary
vanRiemsdyk with 1 in Washington

Retired...
Hossa, Sharp and Bickell with 3
Crawford, Oduya, Bolland, Rozsival, Kruger and Versteeg with 2
Niemi, Sopel, Madden, Byfuglien, Campbell, Brouwer, Eager, Kopecky, Burish, Hendry, Boynton, Fraser, Huet, Stalberg, Handzus, Carrillo, Smith, Brookbank, Bollig, Mayers, Richards, Desjardins, Vermette, Timonen, Cumisky, Darling and Rundblad all with 1

Rest in Peace Ray Emery

13 outta 50 are still in the dance!

So long Corey, see you at the conventions!

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
with today's announcement of Corey Crawford retiring I thought I'd put out a Dynasty reminder...2010 Cup Champs 2013 Cup Champs and 2015 Cup Champs

Still playing...
Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabrook with 3 and still with the Hawks
Hjalmarsson with 3 in Arizona
Shaw with 2 still with the Hawks
Saad with 2 in Colorado
Ladd and Leddy with 1 and in NYIsland
Frolik with 1 in Montreal
Teravainen with 1 in Carolina
Nordstrom with 1 in Calgary
vanRiemsdyk with 1 in Washington

Retired...
Hossa, Sharp and Bickell with 3
Crawford, Oduya, Bolland, Rozsival, Kruger and Versteeg with 2
Niemi, Sopel, Madden, Byfuglien, Campbell, Brouwer, Eager, Kopecky, Burish, Hendry, Boynton, Fraser, Huet, Stalberg, Handzus, Carrillo, Smith, Brookbank, Bollig, Mayers, Richards, Desjardins, Vermette, Timonen, Cumisky, Darling and Rundblad all with 1

Rest in Peace Ray Emery

13 outta 50 are still in the dance!

So long Corey, see you at the conventions!

OOF.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Seeing this list of players makes you realize how much sacrifice you need to make to go on multiple cup runs. There’s a lot of guys here who were never the same post cups.

Bolland didn’t last much longer with his back. Oduya’s arm almost fell off and was pretty much done as a player after 2015. Hammer is absolutely riddled with injuries now. Shaw has had so many concussions. Kruger had his wrist destroyed. Rozsival had that nasty ankle injury that somehow made him slower.

I’m just so appreciative of what these guys went through in order to win. They’re all legends in my mind.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Seeing this list of players makes you realize how much sacrifice you need to make to go on multiple cup runs. There’s a lot of guys here who were never the same post cups.

Bolland didn’t last much longer with his back. Oduya’s arm almost fell off and was pretty much done as a player after 2015. Hammer is absolutely riddled with injuries now. Shaw has had so many concussions. Kruger had his wrist destroyed. Rozsival had that nasty ankle injury that somehow made him slower.

I’m just so appreciative of what these guys went through in order to win. They’re all legends in my mind.

Most definitely. Champions, every single one of them.

The other thing that quickly jumps out at you is the absolute necessity of having that rock solid ~7 player core. Not just good players, hall of famers that hold it all together. So many players came and went yet they constantly held it together. As soon as they started to decline, so went away the chances too. They had the most responsibility on their shoulders.

So difficult to get that core of best in the world level players at the same time, no wonder its so rare. Hope we can build another one.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kruger is still playing FYI. He is just overseas. Technically isn't "retired".
That’s applicable to a bunch of the “retired” guys. Stalberg is a ppg winger in the Swiss league and Rundblad is only thirty playing in Russia. Bollig just signed a deal I thought I read somewhere in a lesser league.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
That’s applicable to a bunch of the “retired” guys. Stalberg is a ppg winger in the Swiss league and Rundblad is only thirty playing in Russia. Bollig just signed a deal I thought I read somewhere in a lesser league.
Bollig last played in 2018...

As I said before 13 outta 50 2010-2015 Cup Hawks are still in the dance

Farewell Crow!

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Makes you realize how fast time goes. That 2010 Cup was 11 years ago this year. The 2015 Cup was 6 years ago.

Feels like yesterday the Hawks were a powerhouse. I've had three kids since their last Cup run, lol.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Seems colliton thinks he has really good ones again. The regular season advanced stats agree, but they got slaughtered in the playoffs (as did every line)
To be fair, that fourth line got played way more than they should have been because our third line basically got benched for how crappy they were (looking at you Strome).

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
man I loved Desjardins in 2015, to me every time he went in a corner to fight for the puck it seemed he came out with it...teflon really

one of stans more low key tdl acquisitions that turned into a great deal..Oduya number one, Zus two and Vermette/Desi 3 imo

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Before I went “native” for the capitals since they were on local tv, Chicago’s Dynasty was my team. So many great moments from the outdoor game at Wrigley Field, Kaner winning the cup, Buff beating the shit out of Chris Pronger, Chicago saving the league with the winning streak after the lockout, Crawford keeping Jagr’s Bruins at bay, 19 seconds to win the cup with Bolland, and finally Chicago taking out a rising Tampa Bay team in 2015.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad