Blow this team up already!

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
It will be interesting to see if Mirtle is right, and that Ownership and/or Pelley makes changes. Starting with Shanahan, then Keefe, and then the core.

Still early in the playoffs, but if it's another first round boot, changes need to happen. I don't have confidence that it will happen, nor if the right people are brought in if a change is made.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
This is about coaching and his relationship with special players. This coach cannot make them play the game as a team.
Marner WTF.
Reilly was on the Bruins goal crease 10 times last night, and caught...Wtf.
They had a special pp play fir Swayman...wtf, This is not basketball. The Bruins can see that too time and time again.
Special players once again playing like they think they are special, and allowed to. Mitchy thinking he is a point guard, wtf, he is a winger first not a centre and certainly not a point guard, and not a penalty killer.
4 months ago you knew Sammy was not the answer, they catered to him like good little people, and what happened, we got Sammy, a free agent goalie that plays bad. Keefe showed loyalty to a guy who has not earned loyalty.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Fire Keefe
The GM's continue to give more money, to the same players.....
Shanny and his entire crew need to be replaced.
The gig is up.............the team has been built with flaws. Namely, too much money, to the same guys over and over................expecting the rest of the team to take peanuts.

Reactions: Al14

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
IMG_0849.jpeg

That’s our line up with 18.5 million to add 3 D and a goalie.

That’s plenty of room. Ideally we would try to get rid of Jarnkrok and Kampf.
That would give us 22.5 million to add 2 forwards 3 D and a goalie.

It really is plenty of room. To try to recoup picks.

If Marner wants to move on (unlikely) we let him.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Why is our team so allergic to screening the other teams goalie? It happens to us all the time, yet we never do it ourselves. This is a Keefe problem...along with the fact this team has no "plan" when we are in the O-zone. Have you ever seen a team just rim it around to nobody as much as we do? It's beyond stupid at this point.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Pretty sure you will see a huge change on the backend next year including goalie. 6 UFAs, one RFA on the backend alone, The year after that a few more UFA and RFA.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
There are no quick fixes we are what we are a 5th to 10th best team which is pretty good in a 32 team league. This blow it all up talk will lead to disaster like it always has in the past. The building process will be slow adding a piece here and there every year until we hit a combination that works and we rise to the top. In the meantime we watch great competitive hockey for 7 months of the year. Not winning a Cup is a minor detail, 31 other teams are also trying so even if we won our share it’s once every 32 years. Why would anyone waste their lifetime watching hockey to win one Cup. Enjoy the games for what they are, nightly entertainment, nice way to pass the winter nights.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I've been advocating for major changes since the Columbus loss years ago. Two of the big 4 forwards need to be moved. I know the 2 I'd prefer to keep. I am not holding my breath for any major changes to happen though. It's been years.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Since Keefe took over, the entire team has been replaced.

Only the core, Keefe, and Liljegren are still here.

At some point (should have been years ago) it's time to wake up. Stop blaming other people and look at the core taking half the money and for god's sake get rid of this absolutely useless coach. ECHL coaches could outcoach him in the playoffs.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I think if Toronto is planning to start Woll game one next year it is time to rebuild

Matthews won't complain about being traded as long as he can keep his NMC

When AM goes Marner will waive his NMC (I think he will fit very nicely in LA}

JT can ride out his contact with us and if he wants to resign I'd be OK with that

Toronto takes on a bunch of bad contracts from other teams and stock up on picks and to get to cap floor

I think Woll is the perfect rebuilding goalie to have

Edit: I also think Toronto needs to spend high picks on goalies, even late 1sts early 2nds

• Haha
Reactions: Larcos_Unal

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
The core has played nine series together. In Game 1's they now stand 2-7. Seems we don't come ready to fight. Hard to win a seven game series when you always start from behind. Hard to trade the core when you can't move any of them. Inmates run our asylum.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
There are no quick fixes we are what we are a 5th to 10th best team which is pretty good in a 32 team league. This blow it all up talk will lead to disaster like it always has in the past. The building process will be slow adding a piece here and there every year until we hit a combination that works and we rise to the top. In the meantime we watch great competitive hockey for 7 months of the year. Not winning a Cup is a minor detail, 31 other teams are also trying so even if we won our share it’s once every 32 years. Why would anyone waste their lifetime watching hockey to win one Cup. Enjoy the games for what they are, nightly entertainment, nice way to pass the winter nights.

What a pathetic, loser attitude.

They play to win Cups, nothing else.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I've been advocating for major changes since the Columbus loss years ago. Two of the big 4 forwards need to be moved. I know the 2 I'd prefer to keep. I am not holding my breath for any major changes to happen though. It's been years.

With NMCs how do they get rid of any of them, other than to let Marner walk for nothing?

If they could force them to waive (ie. waive or we put you on 4th line, sit you out, tell media we had a great deal for you but you nixed it and let fans eat you up, etc.) then fine, but can they actually force anyone to waive?

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You guys really really want to go back to the days where our leading scorer was a 50 point guy and we were out of the playoffs by December, don't you? And then we'd find out we're drafting 7th, so more time in hockey purgatory hoping to hit on the next overlooked surprise...
News flash, it doesn’t have to be either or………

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We dont need to blow anything up. We need to fire Shanny Keefe and unload JT and MM. Suddenly we have cap and the ability to balance the team. Btw. WN at 11.5m is not a good deal but he has the wheels.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
With NMCs how do they get rid of any of them, other than to let Marner walk for nothing?

If they could force them to waive (ie. waive or we put you on 4th line, sit you out, tell media we had a great deal for you but you nixed it and let fans eat you up, etc.) then fine, but can they actually force anyone to waive?
Is the team jet made by Boeing?

To be honest, if this season cemented one thing for me, it's that Willy should have been the one they moved. I said during his big hot streak that my fear was that he was only playing that way because his contract was up and that once they signed him, he'd go back to the player he'd been for most of his career. And that's pretty much the best way to describe pre-contract and post-contract William Nylander this season.

The issue with Nylander is he's not the goal scorer Matthews is, he's not the setup man Marner is, he's worse defensively than both (and it's not even close), you can't use him on the PK at all (which is kind of a problem with an $11 million player and is a big problem with Tavares as well)...
Nylander is only 25% of the problem……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad