OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We have a thread about the Nordiques jerseys which is fine, but these things need their own thread

2230E6C7-3A7F-4AA3-AE22-8E66C9CE7EB5.jpeg

D8B00F2F-87A1-4A4E-81A5-E5BFAA7BD653.jpeg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So I didn’t want to post my opinion in OP, but man these things on the white jerseys are just horrible. Serious question, is there anyone we can write to complain? I’m sure it’ll change next year. There’s no way they go into a second year with these hideous things. Especially with all the public backlash. However does anyone think they would legit consider changing it in season? This team is a legit contender and I know I’m getting way ahead of myself but could you imagine if they won the cup this year in these things and the photos and videos that go down in history will be remembered more so for the worst kits the league has ever seen?

I can tolerate the home jerseys. In fact I think it’s the way those jerseys are meant to be. It sucks that anyone who wears Bauer branded helmets have royal blue for some reason but aside from the helmets they’re tolerable. But these white kits can’t continue like this.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
BARF. Dear god these are so bad. Unbalanced, as if we found out we forgot our gear right before warmups, and found some Leafs gear in the hallway so we could at least play.

A bit better but still very blue. White area on the gloves is a big nope for me. Burgundy with white branding instead wouldve been ok i think.

Overall, meh for the home unis. Away unis as a uniform are the worst in the league, combination wise. Very very very bad execution on the aways. Who approved this from the avs organization?!

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
For some reason they don’t bug me as much as they do others. I think they do look a little funny, but it’s maybe something I can get used to.

They need to change the numbers to blue on the white jerseys, though, if they are going to go that route.

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The blue helmets are too bright. A little darker shade of blue would be better.

The away set-up was a bit jarring at first, but I think it will grow on me.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
It is odd to me that they would come up with all of these changes right when we are making a push for the cup, though. I guess it’s to highlight the 25th season and/or to give a nod to the Nordiques?

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
The blue pants and home jerseys makes everyone look like they have child bearing hips.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The new color scheme looks great to me on the home uniforms. I suppose the blue is a slightly different color but it's not THAT different to the point where it bothers me. The black-on-blue now looks bothersome to me when I see the current uniform scheme with last season's helmets/pants.

The aways will need to be altered though--the black numbers don't look good at all with the current pants. Change that to a blue number with burgundy trim like the reverse retros have and we're all good to go!

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I think the blue homes look good but man the road jerseys with blue pants looks so goofy.

Edit: as i keep looking more at the still images of the blue pants and white jerseys it gets more hideous

Reactions: Barklez

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
The new color scheme looks great to me on the home uniforms. I suppose the blue is a slightly different color but it's not THAT different to the point where it bothers me. The black-on-blue now looks bothersome to me when I see the current uniform scheme with last season's helmets/pants.

The aways will need to be altered though--the black numbers don't look good at all with the current pants. Change that to a blue number with burgundy trim like the reverse retros have and we're all good to go!

Yeah this. I like the homes.

The aways are off. You are probably right that adding blue to the numbers would fix it. Adding a blue line after the silver might make it look cleaner too at the base and shoulders.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The homes look bad because of the helmets. They are nothing short of horrible. Pants and gloves are fine. I wouldn't say overall it is an improvement from black, but I can get the idea of what they were going for and it is fine enough. The roads are just utter hot garbage. Certainly up there with the worst setup in the league... so, so bad.

We need to petition this to be our full time uniform.

cut.jpeg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The only solution for the away jerseys is getting rid of the blue pants/gloves. They're awful. No change to the numbers on the jersey will fix that

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
It already grew on me by the end of the game. They do look plainly mismatched on the white jerseys, but that can be fixed with some minor tweaks. What are the rules about altering uniforms mid season?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think the homes look like too much. Too garish, they remind me of the Preds going full bore on the mustard yellow. I don't think changing the helmets would make a difference. As for the aways with blue, yeah, it looks kind of mismatched, but unlike most people who seem to be really passionate about it, it really doesn't bother me much one way or another.

Reactions: madman

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Didn’t like the Homes on the first night but much prefer them to the old setup already.

Let’s look on the bright side here, they already have all of the burgundy gear they need to make the Aways not look awful. It would be weird to add both sets of coloured gear to the collection at one time but persist with the blue even in instances where the burgundy gear would clearly be superior (and match the same colour scheme/pattern).

I’m optimistic they wanted to roll out the blue/burgundy combo first to hear feedback and will follow suit with the burgundy/white combo after they hear enough negativity about the blue/white combo or enough positive-to-neutral opinions about the blue/burgundy’s.

Or, the more I think about it, the plan is to go to burgundy gear with the Away unis but making that change now would steal the thunder from the Reverse Retros. So, after the outdoor game they make the change to burgundy/white full time?

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
As long as those blue pants make the black disk go into a white net making a red light go off and it’s good for the AVS. I could care less about the uniforms.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The homes look bad because of the helmets. They are nothing short of horrible. Pants and gloves are fine. I wouldn't say overall it is an improvement from black, but I can get the idea of what they were going for and it is fine enough. The roads are just utter hot garbage. Certainly up there with the worst setup in the league... so, so bad.

We need to petition this to be our full time uniform.

cut.jpeg

NO!!!!!

I actually like that third uniform. It looks fantastic. But under no circumstances should it become the full time uniform. They ain't the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's funny because I was literally thinking exactly the same thing to myself today.

Half jokingly of course, but do we even want to win the cup while wearing these absolutely pathetic excuses for a jersey? Just so beyond awful.

The Home Jerseys are somewhat tolerable... Still something off-putting about them(The more I think about it the more I think its the color of Blue they chose for everything).

But that away look is the worst setup I have seen in the NHL since I started watching hockey. Even worse than the Mustard colored jerseys the Predators had way back when.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The home ones are beautiful.

Road ones look like beer league team uniforms.

What an odd take. These use team colors. The old ones used generic black equipment, you know like all beer league players use.

I have yet to hear a valid aesthetic reason these are bad. People just hate change.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
It's funny because I was literally thinking exactly the same thing to myself today.

Half jokingly of course, but do we even want to win the cup while wearing these absolutely pathetic excuses for a jersey? Just so beyond awful.

The Home Jerseys are somewhat tolerable... Still something off-putting about them(The more I think about it the more I think its the color of Blue they chose for everything).

But that away look is the worst setup I have seen in the NHL since I started watching hockey. Even worse than the Mustard colored jerseys the Predators had way back when.

Omg dude. You are so over the top with this. Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad