Injury Report: Blues 2020-21 Injury Report

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Sundqvist looks like he could miss significant time again. Gain Schwartz, lose Sunny. They just can't get all the key guys back at the same time. With the way things are going, when Parayko is set to return Binny or ROR will come up lame.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Sundqvist looks like he could miss significant time again. Gain Schwartz, lose Sunny. They just can't get all the key guys back at the same time. With the way things are going, when Parayko is set to return Binny or ROR will come up lame.

Jink. Dude..... come on man.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
Here’s a picture of sage burning
upload_2021-3-20_11-9-25.jpeg

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Honestly, I’ve seen that type of hit a few times before and it rarely ends up being a minimal injury. One teammate of mine in college tore multiple ligaments on a hit exactly like that. Hopefully he is ok, but I’m not holding my breath.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Honestly, I’ve seen that type of hit a few times before and it rarely ends up being a minimal injury. One teammate of mine in college tore multiple ligaments on a hit exactly like that. Hopefully he is ok, but I’m not holding my breath.

yeah, that 'whip' movement is really hard on ligaments/tendons. ouch

here's hopin it's nothing like that

Reactions: ChuckLefley

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Sundqvist out for season with torn ACL.

Shitty. This just isn’t our year. Hopefully we have better luck next season.

Reactions: Zamadoo

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Isn’t there a rule about not having to protect an injured player in the expansion draft? I wonder if it applies to Sundqvist. Edit: must be a career threatening injury - likely not the case here.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah...silver lining is Seattle likely won’t touch him so no need to protect him.
I have to agree.

Now I still think that’s a strong assumption as I can still see Seattle rolling the dice on him and I think it could be a smart move for them.

However, if you’re the Blues, then O’Reilly, Perron, Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko, Kyrou and Thomas are your 7 forwards that you protect.

I’ve long been saying that Sunny should be protected but I can’t see how we can justify it anymore. His durability moving forward is a big question considering how recklessly he plays the game. He may not have a long career.

So I think those 7 I named are a lock, barring Tarasenko messing up his shoulder again.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Guys Binnington got hit by a meteor strike last night and is out for eternity!

If this didn't faze you then you just might be a Blues fan already properly conditioned to pain and suffering.

Still the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions though, it's amazing how that makes pretty much everything palatable.

Reactions: scottyajak

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

If this didn't faze you then you just might be a Blues fan already properly conditioned to pain and suffering.

Still the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions though, it's amazing how that makes pretty much everything palatable.
I won’t say it didn’t faze me, but I did have a moment where I thought I should verify it. After the way this season has gone, it seemed plausible.

Reactions: TK 421 and Blueston

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

I won’t say it didn’t faze me, but I did have a moment where I thought I should verify it. After the way this season has gone, it seemed plausible.
-HbY-M.gif

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I have to agree.

Now I still think that’s a strong assumption as I can still see Seattle rolling the dice on him and I think it could be a smart move for them.

However, if you’re the Blues, then O’Reilly, Perron, Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko, Kyrou and Thomas are your 7 forwards that you protect.

I’ve long been saying that Sunny should be protected but I can’t see how we can justify it anymore. His durability moving forward is a big question considering how recklessly he plays the game. He may not have a long career.

So I think those 7 I named are a lock, barring Tarasenko messing up his shoulder again.
we have no reason to waste a spot protecting jaden unless we resign him before the draft. Hes a free agent. We could just sign him after.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
we have no reason to waste a spot protecting jaden unless we resign him before the draft. Hes a free agent. We could just sign him after.
That’s video game mentality and isn’t realistic.

We should be signing him before then, because he’s an important player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad