Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Islanders 10/14/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Is MacMac with team in this road trip if he is I would like to him get change to play. Fabbri and Sanford both have been bad.

Reactions: Bendak

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I would like to see them break up the 1st and 3rd lines. Both have been pretty poor outside of Schenn.

Tarasenko looks unengaged to me, people can cite that knee all they want but plays are dying on his stick too often for a guy who's supposed to be a difference maker. I honestly think he's actively hurting that line right now and I don't particularly care what the reason is but I agree that something needs to change there even if only temporarily.

That 3rd line is obviously where we need a big change. I've actually liked Sanfords last 2 games for the most part but I would love to see Thomas in for Fabbri once he's healthy. Thomas looked pretty poor in the minutes he's played this year so it might take him a bit to get his timing back.

Obviously no matter who plays with who we need lots more skating and better puck management from everyone. We're giving up tons of shots and a lot of that goes away once we start skating harder.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Is MacMac with team in this road trip if he is I would like to him get change to play. Fabbri and Sanford both have been bad.

Not sure if MacMac is on the trip but getting a big body in there for Fabbri could be one of those seemingly small moves that helps get that 3rd line more effective.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Give MacMac a shot. This team needs a wake up.

While our record is good (3-1-1), the play has been inconsistent.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Lol I honestly didn't know if he was with us or San Antonio. He's been kind of the forgotten guy since the stretch run.

Does he finally get back in the lineup vs the Islanders?
Macmac is on our roster. Hes just never been dressed.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I expect an even flatter performance tomorrow TBH. Last night the most Canadian team in the NHL laid an egg on Hockey Night in Canada. Tomorrow we have:

Non-conference game
Afternoon game
Looking ahead to the team trip to the Cardinals playoff game
Looking ahead to the White House visit.

I expect a 5-1 stomping at the hands of the Islanders.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I expect an even flatter performance tomorrow TBH. Last night the most Canadian team in the NHL laid an egg on Hockey Night in Canada. Tomorrow we have:

Non-conference game
Afternoon game
Looking ahead to the team trip to the Cardinals playoff game
Looking ahead to the White House visit.

I expect a 5-1 stomping at the hands of the Islanders.
Going to have to disagree with you on that one. Binny is a bounce back goalie and that has made the Blues a bounce back team.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I would not break up the O'Reilly line for anything. Schenn has been very good and Schwartz has been decent so I would keep them together. I know it is unlikely but I would consider dropping Tarasenko to the Bozak line and moving up Sanford/Fabbri. Not necessarily because they deserve it but maybe a new look could jump start them. Meanwhile Tarasenko would perhaps get a softer match up and then make up the rest of his time on the PP or double shifting in spots back up with Schenn.

Reactions: Bendak and HighNote

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm in favor of putting Robb on the third line at this point over Sanford.

There's no reason for Mac Mac not to get a shot at this point.

Ha! Ha! Maybe if you had done that in 1963-64 or 1964-65, it wouldn't have been too bad. I can still shoot a wrister, but they'd be skating rings around me. I'd be taking too many slashing penalties. I'm like Al Arbour. I'd be playing wearing glasses (spectacles). I can't wear contact lenses. So, after slashing them, I'd tell them "You can't hit me - I'm wearing glasses! :naughty::hit:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Ha! Ha! Maybe if you had done that in 1963-64 or 1964-65, it wouldn't have been too bad. I can still shoot a wrister, but they'd be skating rings around me. I'd be taking too many slashing penalties. I'm like Al Arbour. I'd be playing wearing glasses (spectacles). I can't wear contact lenses. So, after slashing them, I'd tell them "You can't hit me - I'm wearing glasses! :naughty::hit:
Robb you were a first line winger on the HFBlues lineup that some one did up once upon a time (@KirkOut did it I think?) so I have faith in you

Reactions: KirkOut and Bendak

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I've always lived by the rule "The older you get, the better and sneakier your stick work gets!".

I also love Al because I started wearing glasses at that time and he made me feel a lot better about those old horned rim glasses my folks got me.

Reactions: Bendak and Robb_K

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Columbus Day is a National or State Holiday in USA now???
Not that I'm aware of. I feel like most places still don't celebrate the holiday and a lot of people have to work.

It's pretty odd that out of the 7 games tomorrow, 6 of them are during the day. Columbus Day is not a big deal and that doesn't make much sense, but whatevs.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Columbus Day is a National or State Holiday in USA now???

Its what is known as a Federal Holiday in the US. There are 10 of them, and aside from Christmas, they are all secular. These are the holidays that the US government gives its employees off. Banks in the US close on these days, as well as the stock market and other financial institutions. State and local governments follow many, if not all of the same days. However, most private companies do not close for many of them, especially Columbus day. So while it is technically a US holiday, it is not one most people celebrate. However, I do think that is why the game is a day game, as they are assuming people will have off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad