Value of: Bozak for a RW

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
The Leafs' forward group has seen a pretty amazing infusion of talent/depth in the past two years, however one position is notably weaker than the rest:

JVR - Bozak - Hyman
Komarov - Kadri - Soshnikov
Martin - Nylander - Brown
Leivo - Matthews - Kapanen/Marner/Lindberg
Spares: Greening, Laich, Michalek

(I just did the lines by NHL experience so please no "Matthews on the fourth line" flaming please :laugh:)

The right wingers in that lineup have played a combined 43 NHL games; in fact, they represent every RW in the Leafs' system at the moment with the exception of Nathan Horton. Bozak is the most obvious trade piece, being a quality 2C with a good contract in a position of depth; what would be a fair swap?

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I know leafs fans disagree with me, but Nylander should be used on the wing

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Nylander should be used on the RW until he is ready to be a full-time NHL center. Then we trade Bozak, and sign our Hossa.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
LW1: James van Reimsdyk
LW2: Nikita Soshnikov
LW3: Colin Greening/Milan Michalek
LW4: Matt Martin

RW1: William Nylander
RW2: Leo Komarov
RW3: Connor Brown/Mitch Marner
RW4: Zachary Hyman

I think we are good for wingers.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Nylander will and should be playing RW. Bozak needs to be kept around at this point to insulate Matthews.

Problem solved.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Nylander and Marner should have the two right wing spots filled in the top 6.

JVR- Mathews- Nylander
Komorov- Kadri- Marner
Shoshnikov- Bozak- Hyman
Martin- Laiche - Greening

Centers can be swapped if Mathews struggles . Marner could be swapped with a more experienced player like PAP if he also struggles

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Matt Read + 2nd in 2017 for Tyler Bozak

Read is a defensively responsible RW that can PK

Bozak would slot in at 3rd line center for the Flyers with newly signed Dale Weise on his RW.

LargusMeans

Apr 14, 2009
Squampton, BC
Edited. Re-read your thoughts.

I think this season the Leafs need to play some of their youth. They have 17 wingers to play 8 spots. Trading Bozak doesn't make a lot of sense with the lack of depth at center. I believe each line will have a vet and rookie to insulate them.

JVR - Bozak - Marner
Komorov - Kadri - Nylander
Martin - Matthews - Soshnikov
Greening - Laich - Hyman
Holland/Froese (to reach games played for expansion)

Lupul gets bought out or IR (didn't think this was a reality, sure sounds it)
Michalek gets buried in Marlies unless a trade is found (doubtful)

Last edited:

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
It would be a smart idea to put Nylander on the wing for 1 year and slowly develop him as a center after that.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Nah, if he gets traded it should be for a change of scenery d man or picks for cap space. Ride him for a yr and insulate (to a degree) Matthews until he's up to speed (which hopefully will be sooner rather than later.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
If we keep him he may very well be our most productive centre and handy guy to have around. Only trade for the right offer. Can't we just be deep at centre for a change?

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Keep Bozie. We need Centre depth. The last thing we need is more wingers. Wingers can switch sides at ease.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
If we keep him he may very well be our most productive centre and handy guy to have around. Only trade for the right offer. Can't we just be deep at centre for a change?

We are deep at C without Bozak. I'd trade him for a RHD personally.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I thought Brown was your best RW and he dosent even make the team? :o

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Yeah, I'm in the keep Bozak group as well. We'll never get a fair return for his value and he's a got a fan in Babcock.

I would keep him unless a team gives up at least 2 2nd round picks. He's a much better player than Andrew Shaw and that's what he went for.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
We don't need more wingers, the system is loaded with them as its the organizations biggest strength. Keep Bozak for depth and if he absolutely needs to be moved, get a pick or RHD in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad