Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I’d give Batherson the 3 spot, he had a good season
I completely forgot about Batherson, I agree & will change it. Giroux is amazing given his age & has done everything we could hope for with this young team.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
But I thought I was told in here that Brady is a bad captain and should be replaced ?

How can he possibly be named captain of another team now representing some of the best in the US? 🤔
Look I'm happy The Tkaptain gets to kill it at the worlds, but look at the USA roster:
-Gavin Brindley
-Will Smith
-Alex Nedeljkovic
-Brock Nelson
-Ryan Leonard
-Kevin Hayes
-Mikey Eyssimont
-Jeff Petry
-Michael Kesselring
-Matthew Kessel
-Trey Augustine
-Matt Boldy
-Cole Caufield

-Joel Farabee
-Johnny Gaudreau
-Luke Hughes
-Seth Jones
-Luke Kunin
-Alex Lyon
-Shane Pinto
-Jake Sanderson
-Brady Tkachuk

-Alex Vlasic
-Zach Werenski
-Trevor Zegras

Aside from Jones, Nelson or Hayes, there's slim pickings for even A's. The bolded are the only players that probably make a fully healthy/available USA Roster.

If Larkin, Miller, AM34, MTkachuk, Hughes, Trochek, Fox, Eichel, Pavelski, McAvoy or Kane are on the roster, Brady doesn't even get an A.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Look I'm happy The Tkaptain gets to kill it at the worlds, but look at the USA roster:
-Gavin Brindley
-Will Smith
-Alex Nedeljkovic
-Brock Nelson
-Ryan Leonard
-Kevin Hayes
-Mikey Eyssimont
-Jeff Petry
-Michael Kesselring
-Matthew Kessel
-Trey Augustine
-Matt Boldy
-Cole Caufield

-Joel Farabee
-Johnny Gaudreau
-Luke Hughes
-Seth Jones
-Luke Kunin
-Alex Lyon
-Shane Pinto
-Jake Sanderson
-Brady Tkachuk

-Alex Vlasic
-Zach Werenski
-Trevor Zegras

Aside from Jones, Nelson or Hayes, there's slim pickings for even A's. The bolded are the only players that probably make a fully healthy/available USA Roster.

If Larkin, Miller, AM34, MTkachuk, Hughes, Trochek, Fox, Eichel, Pavelski, McAvoy or Kane are on the roster, Brady doesn't even get an A.
But there are not, making a point of something that's hypothetical makes no sense, you go with what you have. There are several veteran & respectable NHL players who could have had it but they gave it to him. Petry, Nelson, Gadreau, Vlasic are all good NHL vets.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
-Gavin Brindley
-Will Smith
-Alex Nedeljkovic
-Brock Nelson
-Ryan Leonard
-Kevin Hayes
-Mikey Eyssimont
-Jeff Petry
-Michael Kesselring
-Matthew Kessel
-Trey Augustine
-Matt Boldy
-Cole Caufield

-Joel Farabee
-Johnny Gaudreau
-Luke Hughes
-Seth Jones
-Luke Kunin
-Alex Lyon
-Shane Pinto
-Jake Sanderson
-Brady Tkachuk

-Alex Vlasic
-Zach Werenski
-Trevor Zegras

It's sad the depth some will go to to put someone down.

Being named captain of a team representing your country is an honour....in any sport

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
-Gavin Brindley
-Will Smith
-Alex Nedeljkovic
-Brock Nelson
-Ryan Leonard
-Kevin Hayes
-Mikey Eyssimont
-Jeff Petry
-Michael Kesselring
-Matthew Kessel
-Trey Augustine
-Matt Boldy
-Cole Caufield

-Joel Farabee
-Johnny Gaudreau
-Luke Hughes
-Seth Jones
-Luke Kunin
-Alex Lyon
-Shane Pinto
-Jake Sanderson
-Brady Tkachuk

-Alex Vlasic
-Zach Werenski
-Trevor Zegras

Lol, that's quite the roster for a supposed "World Championship".

What does winning this even mean? It's not best on best, and it's not limited to age or level of play, it's just a completely Random group of players playing random other groups of players. I don't get it.

*This has nothing to do with Tkachuk, just me wondering how there's any interest in a tournament like this.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
-Gavin Brindley
-Will Smith
-Alex Nedeljkovic
-Brock Nelson
-Ryan Leonard
-Kevin Hayes
-Mikey Eyssimont
-Jeff Petry
-Michael Kesselring
-Matthew Kessel
-Trey Augustine
-Matt Boldy
-Cole Caufield

-Joel Farabee
-Johnny Gaudreau
-Luke Hughes
-Seth Jones
-Luke Kunin
-Alex Lyon
-Shane Pinto
-Jake Sanderson
-Brady Tkachuk

-Alex Vlasic
-Zach Werenski
-Trevor Zegras

I mean, yeah that roster is pretty stinky, but who cares? Good for Brady getting to be captain of his country's national team.

As for being a GOOD captain? Well the proof is in the pudding. Good leaders win games, great leaders win championships. Hopefully Brady gets there. Until we start making the playoffs there is not much to say about his leadership.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
What does winning this even mean?
I think it means a lot to them
01.jpg
02.jpg

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That blows my mind. I don't get it. Not one little bit.

I don't see how it holds any more significance than a Spengler Cup, or any other forgotten tournament. The title "World Championship" seems hokey to me.

That said, don't mean to criticize. Humans enjoying something is nothing to be mad about, I just fail to see the significance myself.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

You are too special. For what ever reason you need to constantly diminish the accomplishments of the captain of your favorite team. Strange but then again I remember a post a few months ago where your claimed captain pajama boy was far superior to BT.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I mean, yeah that roster is pretty stinky, but who cares? Good for Brady getting to be captain of his country's national team.

As for being a GOOD captain? Well the proof is in the pudding. Good leaders win games, great leaders win championships. Hopefully Brady gets there. Until we start making the playoffs there is not much to say about his leadership.
What kind of leader is needed to convince our goalies to stop a beach ball?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
What kind of leader is needed to convince our goalies to stop a beach ball?

I think that is an exaggeration. If hockey was played with actual beach balls, the games would always be 0-0. I find it very unlikely that Korpisalo or Forsberg couldn't stop one, because it is so big relative to the open space a goalie allows in the net.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's sad the depth some will go to to put someone down.

Being named captain of a team representing your country is an honour....in any sport
Not only that but the other people now shitting on the tournament. That's the internet though ignorance and engagement. Then people act like they're better than the moment or the person theyre shaming for some sense of 'moral' accomplishment or superiority.

The WHC is an unbelievable hockey event hosted in Europe that has tremendous prestige and is rich in history. I've never been but I'd like to. When it's hosted in eastern Europe it's quite the event. It's very good hockey, mixture of players from all the top pro leagues including the NHL. Which people in Europe don't get to see live. Classic HF mentality to degrade hockey players. All the guys participating in this are likely better at hockey then anything anyone else here does in life.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

That roster is stinky?.... It would probably compete for a cup. Way better than the sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00