Player Discussion: Brandon Hagel

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Under contract next year too at $1.5. Who knows what happens then, but for now this looks good. I think anything over 40 points, given his contract, is a good thing, and he's well on his way to smashing past that number.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
his on-ice shooting percentage is 17% which is not sustainable so the production will come down. well unless he stays on the #1 pp

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
He's getting better every game too. He is definitely picking up small things from Kucherov and Point and making plays only those two would make at times.

I'm pretty much never wrong, HF Lightning knows that. I'm right like 99% of the time, but Hagel was the 1%. I was wrong. The guy can play.

Reactions: bigdaddio

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
He's getting better every game too. He is definitely picking up small things from Kucherov and Point and making plays only those two would make at times.

I'm pretty much never wrong, HF Lightning knows that. I'm right like 99% of the time, but Hagel was the 1%. I was wrong. The guy can play.
I was wrong as well. Underestimated his hustle, drive and heart.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Well let's wait and see if he does this in the playoffs first so you're only 0.5% wrong for now. I wish we had this Hagel last year though, would've been a significant boost in the playoffs.

Reactions: Stammertime91

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well let's wait and see if he does this in the playoffs first so you're only 0.5% wrong for now. I wish we had this Hagel last year though, would've been a significant boost in the playoffs.
I think he just never made the adjustment, and then broke his foot before he ever did. He might not have regardless. But either way, I think it's pretty clear that the current version of Hagel is a different animal than anything he's ever been, including what he was in Chicago. He's like a poor man's Point offensively and a poor man's Gourde in terms of tenacity, which combines to make a fantastic player.

I also think we have to remember how many guys take a while to figure out the playoffs. Gourde comes to mind again. I remember in his breakout year, it felt like he should be a beast in the playoffs, but it took him a couple of years to figure out how to make his game translate, and then he became one of the most favorably remembered players of the current core.

If anything close to the current version of Hagel shows up though, it's hard not to think our forward group is better than last year's. Assuming we get a healthy Point (knock on wood) and Killorn doesn't go ice cold again. Killer is a weird X factor here too, because you have to assume he will contribute more in line with his normal numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad