Brandon Wheatkings 23/24

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Does this move the needle? From the few games I watch he not exactly effective.

No but it I am assuming they felt they were getting pushed around. Moving the needle would be getting a 30 minute night D man. Would love to get Pickering out of Swift for example

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
No but it I am assuming they felt they were getting pushed around. Moving the needle would be getting a 30 minute night D man. Would love to get Pickering out of Swift for example
agreed. Need a top end defenceman. Henry will not likely score a lot of goals but he is popular with his team mates and makes them somewhat braver. Team’s brain trust must have wanted Henry back to protect some of the younger guys and give them more room.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
wK getting beat 5-2 so far Wed. Night. Too many penalties and very poor PK. Reffing is head scratching but typical of the WHL. Team leaving Eskit out to dry. Poor defence really showed tonight. Somehow this needs to be addressed.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
wK getting beat 5-2 so far Wed. Night. Too many penalties and very poor PK. Reffing is head scratching but typical of the WHL. Team leaving Eskit out to dry. Poor defence really showed tonight. Somehow this needs to be addressed.

Probably there worst game and one that I think they need to win. Way too many penalties in that game not sure if it was the reffing or not not. The defence was not good for sure though

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Broncos know this is their last year with their 04 group. Don't anticipate Pickering going anywhere unless their season goes off the rails and it's clear they're done by the time the trade deadline comes around.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Moose Jaw is loading up this year while they have Firkus, Mateychuck,Calvert and maybe even Yeager. Just made a big trade with Victoria. WK send Pasternak to Victoria for a draft pick. He was too small and injured so team decided to get down to 3 0A. I would like to see an upgrade on defence instead of Sadhra-Kangaroo.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
MJ is smart to make a good move this early. They had the fire power to make this move. Sold a lot for him too. Nate is doing well in Detroit. I assume he will see 9 games then come back. Unless he totally surprises and continues doing well. Good for him but bad for us.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Horrible game. Team needs to get it together if they expect to contend. Not sure why they are carrying 6 D

By all accounts Nate is looking really good which isn't surprising. I thought he would end up being one of the most under rated players going into the draft and make someone look real smart after

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Danielson sent back to WK just in time for the US trip . Should help the team a lot.Still need to adress the defence.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
WK acquired that dman they were looking for in Seth Tansem. Could be an intriguing piece but I think they are going to need a bit more before I start planning the parade.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
WK acquired that dman they were looking for in Seth Tansem. Could be an intriguing piece but I think they are going to need a bit more before I start planning the parade.
Not sure why PA would trade 17 yr old with a high upside. Smells fishy to me. Maybe wanted out?? Or is he overrated?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Pretty solid game last night. Just watching parts of it now. Bjarnson was a rock and Lethbridge goalie all most stole a game for them. Nice to see Danielson back and scoring the winner. Big win for the team after some so so games lately

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Pretty solid game last night. Just watching parts of it now. Bjarnson was a rock and Lethbridge goalie all most stole a game for them. Nice to see Danielson back and scoring the winner. Big win for the team after some so so games lately
Likely the best game I've seen Bjarnason play.

Not sold on Flamand on first line, I think Roersma would be a better fit. Powerplay was pretty ugly all night as well, I'm sure it'll take some time to get everyone on the same page there.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Acquiring Tansem is a gamble worth taking. He fits the age group needed by the team as he fits in with Mantei 18 and Elick 17. The other 4 are 20 and 19 and I doubt they keep any of the 19’s next year as none are good enough to keep.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Great win tonight in TC. Goals from 5 different people. Bjarnson looks like he’s back to form after a couple of so so games. TC has a huge team. WK looked faster. Solid effort by everyone tonight even the defence. On to Spokane tomorrow. Will be tougher tomorrow as Spokane did not play tonight.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
WK led 2-0 in Spokane after one period and then forgot to play in the last 2 periods. Played good defence in the first then got real sloppy in their own end the last 2 periods. Not taking advantages of offensive chances. Danielson trying to do too much himself tonight. Final 3-2 Spokane. WK seemed to run out of gas in the third as they turned the puck over too much.

Last edited:

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
The team seems to be falling apart. Really bad two minutes in Seattle and really get schooled in Portland. A road trip that started out very good is going in the crapper,. Portland is a very good team. Really the only game that the team has been out classed in badly.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
Not quite Miracle on Manchester stuff, but EPIC collapse in SEA. That is a mind breaker stuff. No doubt fuel for the part 2 melt in POR.

mrshootthepuck

Jun 30, 2023
Off night against as scary Portland team. Wouldn't be too concerned. Portland might win it all this year.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Like I said earlier ,Portland is the only team so far that the WK probably could not hang with most of the time. Similar to WK vs the Ice last year—-too good for the WK. Tonight’s game should tell us something about the team and their fighting spirit. Looks like the East Division this year is up for grabs as there is not one dominant team. I am guessing that MM is not done dealing as a 19 year old defenceman has been a healthy scratch the last two games which does not usually happen unless they are injured.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Better effort tonight in Everett but lost in OT. Outshot the Tips but cannot score. Two of their top guys Danielson and Hyland have not played as well as I thought they would which does not help the offense.Bjarnson was better today. Last game tomorrow against Wenatchee the old Ice. Really too bad as the road trip started so good with 2 straight wins but a loss tommorow would mean 5 straight loses. Falling behind in the Eastern division.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
WK are close after 2 periods in Wenachee losing 2-1 but are having a really hard time scoring goals and are terrible in their own end.(have not improved in this area so far). Bjarnson keeping it close so far.I hate to continually rag on the defencemen but they collectively have been poor this year. I would keep Mantei and Elick and get rid of the rest. Need to be better at defending ,limiting turnovers and winning puck battles
Not a bad game for the 7th game in 11 days. Lost in the circus(SO). Did not look too good in the SO. At least they got single points in the last 2 games. Got 6 out of a possible 14 points. Really missed golden opportunities by losing in Spokane,Seattle, and then losing two possible points in extra time.

Last edited:

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Watching the MJ-WK game tonight and some of my observations:
1. Firkus,Yeager, and Mateychuck are very very good players who are very difficult to contain.
2. Half of the WK d core is too small and loses too many puck battles in their own zone leading to grade A chances for the other teams..
3. Forward core is good but is having some trouble scoring goals at present.
4. Where would the team be without Bjarnson. Most nights he gives them stellar goal tending. WK remind me of the Wpg Jets. Great goaltending, good forwards and marginal defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad