Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I know it’s all rainbows right now but Pointer is sitting in 58 points in 65 games. < 1 point per game. He’s been so dominant in the playoffs and May be saving himself for that. We will see.

Definately a step back this year, hopefully an aberration. He’s the long term 1C, not sure we can expect Stammer to replicate this.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I know it’s all rainbows right now but Pointer is sitting in 58 points in 65 games. < 1 point per game. He’s been so dominant in the playoffs and May be saving himself for that. We will see.

Definately a step back this year, hopefully an aberration. He’s the long term 1C, not sure we can expect Stammer to replicate this.
His ppg is actually better than it was last season, of course that being with Kucherov out for the whole year. And he was under ppg in 2020 as well. I wouldn't worry about it going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Having Kuch on Stamkos line instead of his has definitely hurt, though him being cold was part of the reason that happened in the first place. Hope he can switch it on. We can't make it with just one scoring line.

Reactions: NatoGhost

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he's a mixture of snakebit and injured right now. Hopefully one or both of those resolve themselves by next week.

SnakeIdol

Mar 3, 2018
Point has a hurt foot/ankle. Happened about a month ago when he got tripped and flew into the boards.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Point has a hurt foot/ankle. Happened about a month ago when he got tripped and flew into the boards.
Where do you get that? Do you know something everyone else doesn't or are you just guessing? We all saw the play but he's back and he seems to be skating fine. What I have seen is that Kuch, Heddy and Stammer have been in complete sync and that Pointer has been the odd man out - not to mention the probable fact that Kuch has been on a mission to feed Stammer.

Last edited:

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Point would get a lot of 3rd assists if they were given. He is often the guy who enters the zone, penetrates, and establishes position. After he's done that, Hedman, Stammer, and Kuch do their tic-tac-toeing so Point's name doesn't appear in the scoring summary.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Is Point dealing with an injury?
You got some people here stating definitively that Point is hurt and has been for a month. Then you've got some other people here stating definitively that Point is fine. The only thing that can really be stated definitively is that people who post on these pages don't know anything about the true state of Pointer's health.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDBolt and Zwui21

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
You got some people here stating definitively that Point is hurt and has been for a month. Then you've got some other people here stating definitively that Point is fine. The only thing that can really be stated definitively is that people who post on these pages don't know anything about the true state of Pointer's health.
Just wondering, is it normal that he's on the wing and Cirelli is playing 2-C? That's what daily faceoff is showing

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Although no one knows, the likely inference is that Point is hurt. He was held out of games in the final few games of the season. He is playing wing, which never happens. And he does not appear to have his top gear in terms of acceleration.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Although no one knows, the likely inference is that Point is hurt. He was held out of games in the final few games of the season. He is playing wing, which never happens. And he does not appear to have his top gear in terms of acceleration.
He's also turning the puck over in situations where he never does. Our PP zone entry depends entirely on Point, and right now he doesnt have it.

Worried it's the hip again, because he shows flashes of his top gear, just like when it was injured last time, and it seems to be affecting his hands. Which I feel like a hip would do (while obviously having no clue).

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
worst game of his career?
I think so as well. He was just plain ineffective in anything he tried to do. Had the puck stripped from him often, something we are not used to seeing. Passing was off could not connect with the puck when he was in the slot. And the shootout attempt just bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad