Tribute Brent Seabrook Appreciation Thread

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This is a player that truly deserves an appreciation/tribute thread.

Thank you for all the great memories #7.

--

"I sacrificed everything for this team in our quest to lift three Stanley Cups and gave it everything I had for you," Seabrook said in a statement. "I couldn't have asked for a better fan base to play for. You, more than anyone, kept me honest and always pushed me to be better - while also cheering me as your All-Star and champion. Lifting the Stanley Cup in 2015 in front of all the fans at the United Center will be a memory I'll never forget. You have truly made Chicago a second home. My family and I will be forever grateful for your love and support and I look forward to always having a special connection with you the fans. I will always be a Blackhawk."

"Without Brent Seabrook, the Chicago Blackhawks would not have three Stanley Cups," Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said in a statement. "He concludes his career as not only one of the best defensemen in franchise history, but one the greatest Chicago Blackhawks of all time. We cannot thank Brent enough for what he did for the Blackhawks organization, the city of Chicago and this fan base. He will always be a part of the Blackhawks family and we wish him well in his life after hockey."

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
3DADFB29-EF7E-4EDA-BCAE-7EE64EDF79B2.gif

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Wings fan coming in peace wanting to wish Brent the best in retirement!

As much as guys like Toews, Kane, and Keith represent this era of Hawks hockey, and will likely be remembered more fondly by casuals/ non-Hawks fans, Seabrook's peak was insane and like has been stated earlier in the thread, if it weren't for Toews, he is a guy who wears a C on his sweater. A great hybrid of old school player who also had the skills to excel in post-lockout hockey. What a career!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
In his prime, a fantastic player and a fantastic Blackhawk.

Could have been a #1 on most teams in the NHL.

We've had a lot of great Dmen in Chicago, but I dare say Seabrook had the best stretch pass of the lot. Fast, hard, accurate.... that one-two-punch with Keith's skating ability made them damn near unbeatable on the ice together. He could hit like truck, but rarely needed to, so efficient were he and Keith at disarming a forecheck before it even started.

His blast from the point is responsible for moments Blackhawks fans will never forget.

A Stanley Cup Champion. An Olympic Champion. A World Junior Champion for good measure. No wonder his body was breaking down, it was carrying so much metal around for so many years.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Just watched his presser. It's 25 minutes, but well worth watching.

As has been said before, what a warrior. He gave everything he could to the team and fought as hard as he could to play again.

I don't think we've seen the last of him in this organization.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

Brent was one of those players I wished the Canucks had. Soft spoken but let his play do the talking for him.
CC4B89E0-2491-4F64-9649-5AD84FBB452E.gif

Probably as big a mentor as Keith for your young Dmen over the years I’d guess, or close to him. You’re a fortunate franchise to have had such players.

All the best to him in whatever he chooses to do next.

Cheers

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg

When OT Seabs was born

He Scored some awesome OT winners
I personally felt that game made the Hawks legitimate contenders.
You knew that the talent was real.
So rare for a player to wear the same jersey for 15 years.
And Cristobal Huet was buried.:clittle:

( Is Seabs next stop the HOF?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad