Value of: Brock Boeser in the summer

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He's a UFA after the upcoming season. Can't see him returning a ton.
The bigger concern is his shooting percentage. At close to 20% it's likely going to drop next season.It's Kuzmenko all over again. He's a good player but this could easily be an outlier season. I'd be nervous to give up too much for him , not to mention what he might demand on his next contract. Next season should be interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm curious as to what Boeser would fetch in the summer. Maybe something to Fiala back in 2022? A mid first rounder and a good prospect?
For once I can’t bash him. Rehabed his value so well. Yeah. He’ll fetch a first as a rental if you go that route. But makes Vancouver worse to lose his scoring so why you dumping key top 6 guys and PP 1 weapons.

Should probably try to resign him. Trading him would be an odd backward move for a club in the final 8 and just finished 1st in their division.

Weird time to enter your rebuild.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I think Boeser has done enough to probably re-sign in Vancouver. I wouldn’t be shocked if he signs a team-friendly deal too.

The only way that I can see Vancouver trading Boeser now is if the Canucks determine they want to go after Reinhart or Guentzel this off-season.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
For once I can’t bash him. Rehabed his value so well. Yeah. He’ll fetch a first as a rental if you go that route. But makes Vancouver worse to lose his scoring so why you dumping key top 6 guys and PP 1 weapons.

Should probably try to resign him. Trading him would be an odd backward move for a club in the final 8 and just finished 1st in their division.

Weird time to enter your rebuild.
Exactly, it's like people still saying that we should move Garland, but that ship has also sailed.
Vancouver doesn't advance past Nashville without Boeser, he's tied with Miller for the team lead in playoff points and tops in goals. Who's going to replace his role on Miller's wing, Lekkerimaki? Podkolzin? Nope. We need his scoring, esp. after he rebounded from his personal issues and possible injury. Now is not the time to dump him after a career high, barring an offer we truly can't refuse.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
He is not getting traded. Either we re sign him (a strong candidate to take a team friendly deal) or he walks at the end of next season.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
He is not getting traded. Either we re sign him (a strong candidate to take a team friendly deal) or he walks at the end of next season.

Eh, if the Canucks let Lindholm go, I could see Boeser being moved for a center+ or a RHD depending on who the team is able to keep

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Exactly, it's like people still saying that we should move Garland, but that ship has also sailed.
Vancouver doesn't advance past Nashville without Boeser, he's tied with Miller for the team lead in playoff points and tops in goals. Who's going to replace his role on Miller's wing, Lekkerimaki? Podkolzin? Nope. We need his scoring, esp. after he rebounded from his personal issues and possible injury. Now is not the time to dump him after a career high, barring an offer we truly can't refuse.

The assumption would be if they’re trading him, they’d bring in forward help elsewhere, either because they want a bigger fish (Guentzel/Reinhart), they want different style forwards, or they don’t want to pay him on his next deal and would rather get value now (like they did with Horvat). I don’t think anyone is suggesting trading him and replacing him from within

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I was going to try to propose something involving Whitecloud (or Whitecloud plus), but But Boeser's cap hit is more than double what Whitecloud makes. Vegas isn't in a position to add that much cap, I don't think.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
I think he is re-signed for 7 or 8yrs at around 8.25 to 8.5 per. If traded it be for a 1st in the 20s plus a 2/3 line winger someone similar to Hoglander

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Vancouver could win the Stanley Cup this year. Boeser plays on PP1 and in top 6.

Trading him for draft picks sounds like something Habs fans obsessed with the draft would do. But it doesn’t make any sense to me.

If it makes the OP feel better. Boeser would be valuable on the trade market.

I’m an Avs fan. I’m aware Valeri Nichushkin and Arturi Lehkonen are also worth a lot in trade. Definitely worth 1st round picks+.

Great. So what.

Last edited:

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
With how crucial he was in the first round so far, I would be keeping him as the Canucks.

Guy seems to elevate his game when it matters, and you don't get rid of players like that. Especially players who are beloved in the lockerroom, great friends with your most important guys, and who have grown up on the team.

Pending an overpayment, of course.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'm happy keeping him and trying to resign him. Along with Petey, Hughes, Miller and Demko, he's a core player that I wouldn't want to see moved.

I don't think we'd be offered what we'd need to make moving him worthwhile.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
The bigger concern is his shooting percentage. At close to 20% it's likely going to drop next season.It's Kuzmenko all over again. He's a good player but this could easily be an outlier season. I'd be nervous to give up too much for him , not to mention what he might demand on his next contract. Next season should be interesting.

That doesn't really apply... Before this season, Boeser has a career 29 goals per 82 games played, he's very capable of scoring 30 goals in most situations, and is capable of scoring more than that when he has good line mates or has a stand out year.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
If he became available, which would be stupid on VAN part, I’d hope Chevy would look at bringing him to WPG

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
That doesn't really apply... Before this season, Boeser has a career 29 goals per 82 games played, he's very capable of scoring 30 goals in most situations, and is capable of scoring more than that when he has good line mates or has a stand out year.
Youre somewhat reinforcing my comment. 30 is probably a reasonable expectation from him, this year feels like an outlier. If people are basing the return he'd get on being a 40ngoal guy I suspect they'll be disappointed.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Youre somewhat reinforcing my comment. 30 is probably a reasonable expectation from him, this year feels like an outlier. If people are basing the return he'd get on being a 40ngoal guy I suspect they'll be disappointed.

I mean, sure, that's reasonable. If he dropped down to 16% or so he would be at 33 goals. BUT! If his shots/game went up to what it was at from some of his previous seasons (about +45 shots over 82gp) he could easily get back up to 40 goals.

I don't think Boeser is necessarily a perennial 40 goal scorer, but he has the tools to do it in the right situation. If someone traded for him into a decent situation, and signed him for 8 years, I'm fairly confident he would hit it at some point again (even though in the 30s would be more realistic most seasons).

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
But if we could just get cap space instead... we could sign a better player, for less money. Probably younger too. And with better hair.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
What an absolutely awful comparison, Boeser is 5 times the player Kuz is and has way more of consistency and a resume to show.

Reactions: Burt Macklin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad