Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 Offseason Part III: The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I hope whatever he does is worth it, because that is not going to help things 2022

Could be Ertz? Bills were reportedly interested around the draft but thought the asking price was too high. Now that it's 6/1, I believe the Eagles can spread his dead cap across multiple seasons, so maybe the price comes down.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Could be Ertz? Bills were reportedly interested around the draft but thought the asking price was too high. Now that it's 6/1, I believe the Eagles can spread his dead cap across multiple seasons, so maybe the price comes down.

You caught my reply before i finished... You're fast. :)

I was thinking Ertz but this clears way more space than would be necessary...

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I’d love to bring in ertz. Having a stud TE (which I think he has a few more years of) really changes how defenses must approach your offense

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I'd say they are undereducated at the very least.

Undereducated in the things that make you believe what you believe. Overeducated in the things that make them believe what they believe.

The good news is, if they thought like you, there wouldn't be an issue.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I’d love to bring in ertz. Having a stud TE (which I think he has a few more years of) really changes how defenses must approach your offense
I'm fine with bringing in Ertz if the price is right, but you really shouldn't have any delusions of him being a stud. He hasn't been that caliber of player in a couple of years. At this point he's more "good, solid starter" than anything special. Still probably an upgrade over Knox, though.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I'm fine with bringing in Ertz if the price is right, but you really shouldn't have any delusions of him being a stud. He hasn't been that caliber of player in a couple of years. At this point he's more "good, solid starter" than anything special. Still probably an upgrade over Knox, though.

I don’t think it’s delusions, I still think he has it and will excel in this offense. And the year before last he had like 90 receptions on a team where the leading wide receiver had like 40 catches.

he was injured last year on an abysmal team, I dont think he’s lost it

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I don’t think it’s delusions, I still think he has it and will excel in this offense. And the year before last he had like 90 receptions on a team where the leading wide receiver had like 40 catches.

he was injured last year on an abysmal team, I dont think he’s lost it
Im not sure how much he has left in the tank. It's tough to gauge when he comes from the dumpster fire that is Philly, but Id def be a fan of picking him up for cheap.

Last edited:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Last year I believe the Bills had 3 players test positive for COVID-19 during the season (Norman, Kroft, Yeldon). None have been invited back by the Bills.

There were several players that missed games due to close contact with those 3. Also I’m not counting Sweeney since his positive was before the team got together.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
There was an article out there about Ertz and Short. I think with the restructure Nelson might be a target as well. That would be a mighty coup that is very possible now.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Last year I believe the Bills had 3 players test positive for COVID-19 during the season (Norman, Kroft, Yeldon). None have been invited back by the Bills.

There were several players that missed games due to close contact with those 3. Also I’m not counting Sweeney since his positive was before the team got together.

A positive covid test would only be an issue is if they got it because they broke the NFL/Team protocol.

Reactions: brian_griffin

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
A positive covid test would only be an issue is if they got it because they broke the NFL/Team protocol.

Yea. I’m sure it’s a coincidence they’re the ones that are gone. Just interesting. cum hoc ergo propter hoc

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

Norman : Was a depth signing at the time, he wasn't going to stay around if they didn't need him.
Kroft : Didn't do much while he was here. Some bad injury luck, but still not worth what they were paying him to spell Knox.
Yeldon : I was honestly shocked he made the team last year, but in any event barely a depth / special teams warm body.

I highly doubt those 3 not being brought back had anything to do with rona.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think Ertz is washed.

Everyone on Philly looked washed last year. I'm not sure what to make of that. If our scouts believe he can contribute here, though, then so do I. Beane and co have been doing a great job of identifying and bringing in talent who can help the Bills win so far, and I won't start doubting them until they give me a good reason to.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
There was an article out there about Ertz and Short. I think with the restructure Nelson might be a target as well. That would be a mighty coup that is very possible now.

That's my thought too. Wallace/Jackson competing for CB2 isn't the worst thing, but Nelson would be a bigger improvement to the team than Ertz at TE and wouldn't cost assets. Then Wallace/Jackson becomes depth pieces which is still very important at CB.

But obviously this is for a Julio Jones trade. :sarcasm:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
That's my thought too. Wallace/Jackson competing for CB2 isn't the worst thing, but Nelson would be a bigger improvement to the team than Ertz at TE and wouldn't cost assets. Then Wallace/Jackson becomes depth pieces which is still very important at CB.

But obviously this is for a Julio Jones trade. :sarcasm:

Who needs Ertz when you have Julio and Diggs. Should also trade for Rodgers. Could you imagine a 2 QB set with Rodgers and Allen then Diggs and Julio at WR!!!

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
NFL 2021 fearless forecasts: From MVP to sack leader to first QB benched, predictions in 19 categories

Defensive Player of the Year: Tremaine Edmunds

This guy is about to breakout in a massive way, and I get the sense the Bills already know it. Best get this extension done, ASAP. His speed and strength and wingspan and balance and instincts are all other-worldly. He is about to register the kind of statistics that gain national attention and the mainstream acclaim that he is worthy of. This defense is about to make another leap forward, and this will be the best of that bunch. Metrics meets production.

- - -

not sure i agree with almost any of this, but i hope he's right.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
NFL 2021 fearless forecasts: From MVP to sack leader to first QB benched, predictions in 19 categories

This guy is about to breakout in a massive way, and I get the sense the Bills already know it. Best get this extension done, ASAP. His speed and strength and wingspan and balance and instincts are all other-worldly. He is about to register the kind of statistics that gain national attention and the mainstream acclaim that he is worthy of. This defense is about to make another leap forward, and this will be the best of that bunch. Metrics meets production.

- - -

Edmunds is a beast! This will be his breakout year to superstar status. No injuries like last year. Our second round pick this year is older than Edmunds.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

- - -

He's a physical beast, but I have to disagree about his instincts. They're still lacking. He's a compelling player, though, since he's such a physical freak and so young.

Reactions: Husko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad