Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills Offseason 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Prior to free agency, task number 1 falls to Kromer. Can he revive Ford's career? If so, that'd be a huge help for the Bills' offensive line.
Ford has legitimately been one of the worst players on the O-line I can remember. I think we're at (or very close to) the point unless he is some sort of revelation in OTAs etc, it's better to move on and find a better player to invest in (hopefully via an astute/lucky draft selection like in your mocks).

Really the factor I think that will influence things most is what they do in terms of cap massaging/talent upgrades. Assuming Bates re-signs as an RFA, he should remain a starter where he is, along with Dawkins, Morse, and Brown unless they draft or sign one or more stud interior linemen. They could ditch one or both of Feliciano and Williams for meaningful savings (I think they move on from one). I know that regularly some writers talk about moving on from Morse, but I don't think the likely drop off in talent with a replacement is a better option that moving on from the other two. I think that leaves Ford as a depth piece at best unless he has a renaissance (and he hasn't shown anything that leads me to expect one), and given his play this season when called upon, he should be an option of last resort. Hopefully Beane isn't attached too heavily to his draft selection status.

I think Kromer's most important job is determining the scheme that works best with their core players (and the offensive concepts Dorsey wants to run) and consequently determining what profile of player they'd like to bring in. The thing that has been mentioned with Kromer's track record that has me most excited is his ability to match scheme with the players and offensive framework he has to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad