Injury Report: Cam Fowler

duari91

Apr 12, 2011
:(

Hope it's not the worst.

Looked pretty bad. Bent his knee 4 inches in the wrong direction.

Let's hope it's just kinked, and didn't rip anything.

Though, I have a strange feeling that we'll see him on G1 of the playoffs, only to find out after that he had been playing with a gnarly injury. Because, you know, playoffs.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Feel for you Duck fans :(

Looks like it could be an MCL sprain from the way he was hit.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Hopefully the swelling won't be so bad they have to wait an extra day or two for the MRI. Even more hopefully, it's as harmless as it possibly can be.

Feel for you Duck fans :(

Looks like it could be an MCL sprain from the way he was hit.

Yeah, as I said in the GDT, that to me would be the realistic best case outcome, basically.

TheIceman93

Apr 11, 2016
Yep, there goes our season. Get better Cam, we are rooting for your speedy recovery but if this is where your season ends, we appreciate everything you did help us get this far.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
So because he's broken, that means he'll re-sign(resign?) with us for cheap AMIRITE? Just trying to play devils advocate here. :cry:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hopefully the swelling won't be so bad they have to wait an extra day or two for the MRI. Even more hopefully, it's as harmless as it possibly can be.

Yeah, as I said in the GDT, that to me would be the realistic best case outcome, basically.

Yup. 4-8 weeks best case scenario.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He won't be healthy in the playoffs, pretty much, save for a miracle.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It was a very unlucky play, damn
He had that leg up and just when put it on the ice it locked in and caught Giordanos knee who was desperately trying to stop Cam

But seriously, this team seems to get an injury just before the playoffs every year

One More Salami

Feb 25, 2013
It was a very unlucky play, damn
He had that leg up and just when put it on the ice it locked in and caught Giordanos knee who was desperately trying to stop Cam

But seriously, this team seems to get an injury just before the playoffs every year
Yup that play was 5 out of 5 unlucky on the Dustin Brown unluckyness scale.

What a POS.

Oct 18, 2011
Best case scenario is a bone bruise, but even that would take a few weeks to heal. MCL sprain is about 4 weeks and anything else is really serious. Not good.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Actually, I was kind of mixing up the terms while I was agreeing with the potential MCL couch-diagnosis. What I'm really fearing on that sideways twist is a PCL tear. It's more rare, but that's what I was thinking of. Could easily impact the MCL on top.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Definitely warrants a look by DoPS. Obviously, intent can't be ascertained, but that was, at the very least, an incredibly reckless hit. Just because it isn't "intentional" doesn't mean that we can let it slide.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Plan the golf match :sarcasm:

Idk if I just have a good mood today or I`m still very optimistic in general. Might be because I have a hope that team will show more character under Randy than they did under Bruce. There are some good things pointing to it.
I hope Cam gets a chance to come back in the playoffs but we need Hampus and Sami at their absolute best for sure

DuckDude

Mar 16, 2017
Well our season is done.
That small hope of good playoff run now goes down the drain officially.

Not necessarily, just means somebody else has to step up from our defenseman. Montour needs to have a big impact in the playoffs.

The only way our season is over is if Getzlaf, Kesler, Perry, or Rakell get injured. We still have 3 really good defenseman, 2 serviceable ones and a Bieksa. And just to be clear im not saying Bieksa in a positive way. :lol:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Theo has played some encouraging hockey as of late too. Last year he faded before the playoffs.

And what about Stoner? I guess we could use him

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Definitely warrants a look by DoPS. Obviously, intent can't be ascertained, but that was, at the very least, an incredibly reckless hit. Just because it isn't "intentional" doesn't mean that we can let it slide.

It doesn't matter what he was TRYING to do. Fact is, he hit Fowler, knee-on-knee, after cutting across to his skating lane WHILE extending his leg into the hit. He sees Fowler all the way and does nothing to avoid the contact. And the actual contact happens almost a full SECOND after Fowler has given up the puck, there is NO reason for Giordano to make that hit, PERIOD. Interference + Kneeing, clear as day.

The DOPS has to give him a hefty syspension, that is a garbage hit. If Giordano somehow plays a single game this season, the DOPS failed to do their job.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
The people on main board defending this hit are the stupidest humans I've come across on here.

Yeah just went to town on em all.

Main points: Dougie Hamilton was right beside Fowler the whole time and saw NO reason to make a play on him physically as it was a harmless dump and chase.

Giordano however does, and flies across the ice in a sweeping motion and smashes the kneecap directly of Cam Fowler. You can see he goes for a shoulder hit as well, but he clearly misses. Gio is reponsible for his body and his actions, and the result of his actions was an attack from across the ice directly onto his knee. That's where the contact occurred.

e.g if you swing at a high puck and hit someones face, its still a penalty as, you hit a face. Same applies to Gio, I don't care about his intentions I care about what he did. And in ANY CASE, he still flew across the ice from the opposite wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad