GDT: CAN vs. AUT May 14, 2024

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Austrian are amazing, we took them lightly and they punished us (even though we find a way to beat them in regulation), Canada was thinking that the game is over at 6-1 and get punished as well, they have some killer instinct for sure

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
For Canada that is a learning experience, I don't think it means much unless there is another collapse. This is not an invincible team and at this tournament Canada often has close calls or loses against a very clearly inferior team. Biggest concern to me is Binnington, easily.

For Austria the players have to be thrilled even if the ending wasn't what they would have hoped for.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So in 6 seasons he’s been good once and had one clutch run. Wow, elite.
He's been an NHL starter for 5 years and had several playoffs where he was lights out. He almost single handidly beat Colorado a few years ago. I know think Montembault is better. I imagine you dont really watch once the habs are out but he's a way better goalie far more proven.

Good for you................it's officially time for them to get serious then.
They couldnt care less I guarantee it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He's been an NHL starter for 5 years and had several playoffs where he was lights out. He almost single handidly beat Colorado a few years ago. I know think Montembault is better. I imagine you dont really watch once the habs are out but he's a way better goalie far more proven.
Binnington is as average as it gets. But I guess that would be considered elite in Toronto :laugh:

A Leafs fan bragging about “almost beating” a team in the playoffs is on point too

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tavares calls it a hard lesson early.

They followed their best period (2nd) with their worst (3rd) which was pretty wild.

A Leafs fan bragging about “almost beating” a team in the playoffs is on point too

LOL, swing and a miss. He hates the Leafs. Is it that hard to click on a poster's post history before trolling them?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You have to stop worrying about the name on the back if you're in this forum.

Binnington had a crap game. That's all. He was one of the major reasons why this historic comeback happened.

He's certainly one of the candidates for a best-on-best team, but to be fair, it's one of the worst pools of goalies we've ever had for a best-on-best tournament. At least in my (not insignificant) lifetime.
Agreed he was bad doesnt mean his entire body of work over the last 5 years is non existent. Thats all I am saying.

The emotional reactions are comical. Its a meaningless game they still won. Burn the tapes and move on.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

They couldnt care less I guarantee it.
He’s had several playoffs where he was the worst goalie in them also

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

WeAre

Sep 20, 2014
Too bad that Finnish refs f*ucked up in The end of third.

There should been penalty for canada for elbowing. Ot would be different 4 on 3.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A lot of North Americans also go there just to get drunk let's be real.

It's certainly a bit of a balancing act.

Everyone knows that the players get a little free reign early on to enjoy themselves or we wouldn't have guys volunteering after the grueling NHL season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad