Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (OT) (Boeser x3, Lindholm) | I JUST HAD A BABY

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
One weird thing is Calgary Puck is oddly supportive of the Canucks in the playoffs. They want the Canucks to knock out Edmonton, plus the Canucks winning 5 more games upgrades the pick in the Lindholm trade for them.

Very strange, but I'll take it. It seems like that Flames-Canucks alliance is still going strong.
That's almost as odd as Habs fans cheering for us like they have been lately.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hronek is a byproduct of Quinn "Norris Winner" Hughes.
Zaddy daddy is actually a clutch af player and deserves the pay raise.
At this point if Hronek insists on demanding 8mil/yr he can ship his sorry ass out.

If our management extended Myers with some ridiculous contract like 4 mil X 3 over the Russian fridge just because they like Myers more I will lose my shit.

Reactions: quat

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Garret and Donnie and Dhali? were pointing out the goals were coming in low from behind the net. Don was saying that problem for Petey because he was passing and not taking his shot.

He failed to realized that was clearly the Canucks plan to get around the shot blocking. If the Preds are going to block shots then they need to cover the lanes, and that means they are trying to keep the Canucks to perimiter and it means they can't leave the lanes to go behind the net. Tocchet adjusted and it's clear in the last two goals.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Habs fans were the only other fans in the NHL, pretty much, who were rooting for the Canucks in 2011. Penguins fans I think as well. I'll always back those guys when they're good in the east.
In the case of Habs fans, they just hated Boston more, but will give them benefit of doubt that they would've cheered for us regardless if it was another eastern team.

I remember how poorly the other Canadian fanbase acted toward the Canucks. That alone made never root for another Canadian team ever again whenever the Canucks were out.

I initially disliked Crosby early on, but eventually as he aged, I grew to respect him.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Habs fans were the only other fans in the NHL, pretty much, who were rooting for the Canucks in 2011. Penguins fans I think as well. I'll always back those guys when they're good in the east.
I give props to the fans in Montreal. The arrogance of the locals is annoying. At least they are disappearing but we still have them - that one kid with the t-shirt underneath his Canucks sweater during Joshua's interview.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
So:
Suter-Miller-Boeser = 6 goals
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland = 4 goals
PDG-Blueger-Lafferty = 1 goal (Zadorov)
Hoglander-Pettersson-Mikheyev = 0 goals

4th line has honestly been pretty great possession wise and fantastic on PK and Blueger has had some big plays defensively.

So what do you do with the Pettersson line? I say scratch Mik for Pod. At the very least Hog and Pod would create some havoc.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I give props to the fans in Montreal. The arrogance of the locals is annoying. At least they are disappearing but we still have them - that one kid with the t-shirt underneath his Canucks sweater during Joshua's interview.

I was in Montreal and Quebec City about fifteen years ago. The locals, oh boy do they have a stick up in the ass of the stick that's already up in their ass. I tried my best to speak my fractured French, but the moment I inserted a single English word, they immediately gave me this " how dare you" look and refused to talk to me again.

I already have some very strong opinions about the French language. That experience made me never want to go to that miserable piece of shit province ever again.

Reactions: Kryten

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
In the case of Habs fans, they just hated Boston more, but will give them benefit of doubt that they would've cheered for us regardless if it was another eastern team.

I remember how poorly the other Canadian fanbase acted toward the Canucks. That alone made never root for another Canadian team ever again whenever the Canucks were out.

I initially disliked Crosby early on, but eventually as he aged, I grew to respect him.
I hate all other Canadian teams and root against them all and always have. I want to be the only Canadian team to finally win the cup again.

Oilers and Flames are hated rivals, Toronto is Toronto. Habs, Sens, Jets I'm more ambivalent to but the Habs have always been an annoying fanbase and usually have some easy to hate players.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver

Somebody please tell Miller about minoxidil and dermarolling. He has that bit of patchy hair that kind of sticks out just below his cheek that throws me off Lol

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I hate all other Canadian teams and root against them all and always have. I want to be the only Canadian team to finally win the cup again.

Oilers and Flames are hated rivals, Toronto is Toronto. Habs, Sens, Jets I'm more ambivalent to but the Habs have always been an annoying fanbase and usually have some easy to hate players.
It's simple. Canucks should be the only team to break the curse of a Canadian team never winning the cup after 1992-93.

Hopefully this core can get it done at some point.

Reactions: VanCanucks53

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Jesus what happened to the Jets? Just noticed the score.
Believe me, as a Jets fan, I’m wondering the same thing.
Now I’m rooting for Vancouver, you guys are my last hope for playoff success.
Icing on the cake for me in this game was my favorite Canuck - Boeser getting a hat trick. So damn happy for him after the last couple of years he had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad