Injury Report: Canucks Mumps Outbreak - UPD (02-26): Hutton, Rodin, Trainer suffering symptoms

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Apparently there was a moops outbreak in Washington State recently and one player on the Wheatkings has been diagnosed with them. There is also currently an outbreak in TO.

(from main boards)

I think Trump*is behind this

Global just reported a mumps outbreak in West-End bars this morning. Like literally hours before this news.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I have first hand knowledge of the mumps. At age 22 I got badly swollen glands on either side of my throat. My doc diagnosed mumps and I went to bed feeling crappy for a week. I thought I was recovered, got up and resumed my life.

But it was far from over. The glands between my legs swelled up like tennis balls. Pardon the pun.

I was back in bed for maybe two more weeks before I was ok. So about a month in all.

One more thing - before I got the mumps I had 20/20 vision. When I finally got up I had to get glasses which I have worn ever since. I don't give a **** what the Canucks make public about this, my story is true from personal experience. Mumps can be serious and no fun.

Maybe we'll finally get to see Jordan Subban.

Curious but did the glands on your neck ever go back to normal? I had mono when I was 16 and my neck glands got pretty big, not quite big enough to see them poking out but you could feel they were pretty damn large by touching them. 14 years later and they are still just as large, I appear to be healthy though.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Didn't Benning say they wouldn't rule Tanev out for tomorrow yet since he was feeling better? Why would they risk spreading it some more if they don't know his diagnosis until next week?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Didn't Benning say they wouldn't rule Tanev out for tomorrow yet since he was feeling better? Why would they risk spreading it some more if they don't know his diagnosis until next week?

Because he's an idiot. He can't even GM a team let alone should he be pretending to be a doctor.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Tanev puking on ice to prevent goals against will be their strategy.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
FWIW you can still contract mumps even with a vaccine.

Yes I'm well aware. that is why everyone needs to be vaccinated so that herd immunity can protect those that can't have the vaccine and those where the vaccine is ineffective. I wasn't blaming the organization or players but society as a whole. Vaccines are effective, safe and absolutely necessary. Get vaccinated.

HarvP19

Nov 19, 2014
tomorrows defensive line ups going to be scary, Tanev is prob going to be out for obvious reasons. That means larsen, beiga and mceneny will be in. my guess is it looks like this.

Edler - Beiga
Hutton - McEneny
Sbisa - Larsen <---------------- this will be a disaster

Forward wise my guess is grenier will swap out granlund and jimbo will bring up LaBate to swap out Chaput on 4th line

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
This is the knockout blow of the season, 4 Comets against the division leader. Even with home ice it probably won't be pretty. They will have to play Edler close to 30 mins.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
tomorrows defensive line ups going to be scary, Tanev is prob going to be out for obvious reasons. That means larsen, beiga and mceneny will be in. my guess is it looks like this.

Edler - Beiga
Hutton - McEneny
Sbisa - Larsen <---------------- this will be a disaster

Forward wise my guess is grenier will swap out granlund and jimbo will bring up LaBate to swap out Chaput on 4th line

And if positive tests come down, that could be our lineup for a decent stretch of time.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Because he's an idiot. He can't even GM a team let alone should he be pretending to be a doctor.

I don't get it either.. From what everyone has said Tanev had it the longest and they think he's past the worst of it.. That's a pretty big risk to take.

The medical staff is on it though apparently and they're disinfecting the locker room and everything..

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
VACCINATE YOUR ****ING CHILDREN!

Most vaccines work on herd immunity - they only offer partial immunity for individuals, but when the whole society is vaccinated, transmission rates are low enough that outbreaks don't happen, and the diseases basically die out. However, as more and more of society trusts Jenny McCarthy over medical professionals, awful dieseases from the past are making comebacks.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office

Most vaccines work on herd immunity - they only offer partial immunity for individuals, but when the whole society is vaccinated, transmission rates are low enough that outbreaks don't happen, and the diseases basically die out. However, as more and more of society trusts Jenny McCarthy over medical professionals, awful dieseases from the past are making comebacks.

You know the Jenny McCarthy thing is a joke right?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
You know the Jenny McCarthy thing is a joke right?

You kind of missed the point here. The Canucks article was a joke, but they used Jenny McCarthy because she's one of the prominent celebrity 'antivaxxers'.

What ponder said is just the sad and very dangerous reality of the situation.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wow,,just for sh_ts and giggles,,,i would have re called jake virtanin,,see if it lights a fire in his a--
What do we have to loose,,,,really,,,

Nothing can light a fire in virtanen

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't get it either.. From what everyone has said Tanev had it the longest and they think he's past the worst of it.. That's a pretty big risk to take.

The medical staff is on it though apparently and they're disinfecting the locker room and everything..

Why risk it? We are so far out of a playoff spot there is literally no point in potentially ruining other players' seasons because of your selfishness.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Thanks, but we know.

And your team's actually getting good now. Dougie Gilmour doesn't need to facepalm anymore. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad