Post-Game Talk: Captain night vs Devils 2/13/202

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I expect every GM to ask about Saros and Askarov. It's their job. The problem is most potential buyers have an issue with cap space and assets that would make us want to give up Saros. A NJ first this year is a mid to late round pick and they aren't likely to send much back in the way of current roster guys.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I expect every GM to ask about Saros and Askarov. It's their job. The problem is most potential buyers have an issue with cap space and assets that would make us want to give up Saros. A NJ first this year is a mid to late round pick and they aren't likely to send much back in the way of current roster guys.
NJ i think would be the easiest of the group to make work. Theyd want to send back Vanacek which is 3.4M from there it isnt too much more from current roster to work out the gap between Saros' 5.0M. They could get there by dropping down to a 21 man roster vs 23. Not ideal but possible. Gives us a replacement placeholder as well.

LA no clue how you do that without retention or double retention.

Edm you take back Campbell and you make them pay dearly for it.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
NJ i think would be the easiest of the group to make work. Theyd want to send back Vanacek which is 3.4M from there it isnt too much more from current roster to work out the gap between Saros' 5.0M. They could get there by dropping down to a 21 man roster vs 23. Not ideal but possible. Gives us a replacement placeholder as well.

LA no clue how you do that without retention or double retention.

Edm you take back Campbell and you make them pay dearly for it.

Vanacek isn't what we'd need back. The logic of even entertaining the idea of trading away Saros is because Askarov is ready ... what the Preds need are forwards and they aren't likely to part with their top nine in a playoff run.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Vanacek isn't what we'd need back. The logic of even entertaining the idea of trading away Saros is because Askarov is ready ... what the Preds need are forwards and they aren't likely to part with their top nine in a playoff run.
Vanacek could still be a serviceable backup. Only 1 year left after this. More of a cap ballist. Wouldnt be "part of the return"

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
IMG_5965.jpeg

Not sure about the 1-4 of the lines here. We'll see how Bruno manages their time at even strength.

Reactions: SouthNash

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
View attachment 819065

Not sure about the 1-4 of the lines here. We'll see how Bruno manages their time at even strength.

From hoping glass can be a 2 or 3c, to being replaced at center in the lineup by McCarron and Jankowski. Hopefully he can get some mojo going at wing because im ready to waive him personally. Rather see smith with McCarron and novak. Fabbro still in the netherrealm

Reactions: SouthNash

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
From hoping glass can be a 2 or 3c, to being replaced at center in the lineup by McCarron and Jankowski. Hopefully he can get some mojo going at wing because im ready to waive him personally. Rather see smith with McCarron and novak. Fabbro still in the netherrealm
Don't look where Novak is playing to start tonight. Glass is struggling in all areas of his game and can't stay healthy. Novak remains weak at the dot and his goal scoring has dropped off a cliff since injury.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I’m almost at the point where I hope they trade Saros so the derps at the arena will stop yelling “you see” during the national anthem. That drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad