Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Perception also has an impact on suspensions. I have seen some very lame hits given suspensions because the camera angle made the hit look worse then it was and some bad plays that had awful camera angles and didn't look as bad as it actually was. The crosscheck to McDavid looks far worse then the Hyman one so that will likely have an impact, rightly or wrongly.
Huh? What??? The Hyman crosscheck literally looks far worse and is far wose because he has to reach up 5 inches to even get to Zadorov's head. Clearly deliberate and you can see his stick bend on Zadorov's face.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
The irony
The irony of Oiler fans talking about our coach crying given what their top players do on a daily basis.

Absolute joke of a suspension. Golden Child McBaby knows the league will do anything to justify his wrong doings and let him get away with shit.

Won't be surprised if Hyman who did much worse won't get a fine, let alone a suspension. Coilers are allowed to be given gifts and get away with murder. Sick of this favoritism.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Plus Zadorov apparently had to get stitches to close up a cut. So there was an actual injury.

I still maintain that this is all just chippy 'playoff hockey' play. I don't particularly like that there are 2 different sets of rules for the NHL: regular season and playoffs, but it is what it is.

Just be consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
1 game is fine. Probably warrants that...I guess.

The problem now is, the DOPS has set the standard. Every cross-check like that, or equivalent slash should get the same.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Huh? What??? The Hyman crosscheck literally looks far worse and is far wose because he has to reach up 5 inches to even get to Zadorov's head. Clearly deliberate and you can see his stick bend on Zadorov's face.
I disagree. McDavid's is far worse looking just because of how clear it is, the angle, his head snapping back. Hyman's based on the video just looks like a high crosscheck, As I said, I am not saying it is right, but if an unbiased person just looked at the video, I can't see how the Hyman crosscheck looks worse, whether it was or not. As I said, he should be suspended as well.

Knowing the NHL they have some retaliatory view of what Hyman did, which is dumb.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
1 game is fine. Probably warrants that...I guess.

The problem now is, the DOPS has set the standard. Every cross-check like that, or equivalent slash should get the same.
Good point, they have one that occurred 5 seconds later that they can start with

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
It's good to know that the Canucks can now freely take two handed baseball swings to McDavid's ankles without consequence. Right? Since this seems to be ok? Look forward to Zadorov doing that to McDavid next game since it's apparently legal. Gutless league.

1715635344125.png

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Did the DoPs hurt Nuck fans feelings?
Not really? I was expecting this. Again, star player tax.

I know the idea of losing a defenseman fills most Oilers fans with unimaginable terror, but we have this thing called 'depth' where other players can step in, in the event of an injury or suspension.

Hopefully Juulsen will be able to shoulder the load for a game.

• Haha
Reactions: drax0s and arttk

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I disagree. McDavid's looks far worse looking just because of how clear it is, the angle, his head snapping back. Hyman's based on the video just looks like a high crosscheck, As I said, I am not saying it is right, but if an unbiased person just looked at the video, I can't see how the Hyman crosscheck looks worse, whether it was or not. As I said, he should be suspended as well.

Knowing the NHL they have some retaliatory view of the play like they do penalties, which is dumb.
I disagree. Hyman's looks far, far, far worse. Comes in way later than anyone else. Blindside so Zadorov doesn't even see him. Intentionally reaches up and targets the head. Nearly breaks his stick on Zadorov's face.

Meanwhile McBaby has already slashed Soucy, is engaged with him, can see it coming, and is mostly accidental that it got that high. It's looks worse to you only because it happened to a muffin of a star.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There were people specifically speaking about protecting star players.

I mean, we saw Gretzky and Lemieux hobbled for years. Lost Lindros and Kariya prematurely. Lost several of Crosby's prime years. While it would be nice to protect all players....it is the stars who are most frequently have the "contain by all means necessary" tactics employed against them.

Sometimes it is also from their own style of play too....others not. But it doesn't change what I said either.
The discussion I recall is removing the rats from the game (the ones targeting players then hiding) by either suspensions with real teeth, or removing the instigator penalty to allow the players to do the jobs that the officials and league won’t. I do not remember a 2 tired protection system, nor do I feel that it is only the star players getting injured by reckless play, it’s just only the stars that people remember/care about. Which is exactly why I think a 2 tiered system is a bad idea. Especially when there are star level players who are every bit as dirty and would hide behind that protection more than they already do.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
A well deserved 1 game suspension for a vicious cross check to the face. Should have been 2 or 3 really.

Yeah, if he was gonna get suspended he should've at least made it count.

(I don't actually believe this as it'd run the risk of injury and I detest that sort of shit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad