Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I disagree. Hyman's looks far, far, far worse. Comes in way later than anyone else. Blindside so Zadorov doesn't even see him. Intentionally reaches up and targets the head. Nearly breaks his stick on Zadorov's face.

Meanwhile McBaby has already slashed Soucy, is engaged with him, can see it coming, and is mostly accidental that it got that high. It's looks worse to you only because it happened to a muffin of a star.
Using immature name calling of players says a lot about your bias so no need to continue discussing with you. We can agree to disagree. You sound childish the way you talk.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Absolutely garbage decision considering everything else that happened in that game, no less than in that same sequence McDavid taking it two hand baseball swing and then hymen doing the exact same thing and apparently that's fine. It's absolutely disgusting and I can't wait to watch the Oilers crash and burn

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Soucy aimed at chest level and only got McDavid in the neck because he was falling forward.
I keep seeing people say this and it’s blatantly and clearly untrue.

Even though Mcdavid had just started to fall that cross check was getting him in the neck at the very least if not the chin or mouth. Ended up getting him high in the face. When he made contact Mcdavids position had barely lowered having just started to fall from the Zadorov cross check. The cross check was also going at an upward or at least level with Soucy’s shoulders and FYI Soucy is much bigger than Mcdavid at 6’5”.

Even if Zadorov had never touched Mcdavid that would’ve been a high cross check well above Mdavid’s chest.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
How much to Hyman for his attempted decapitation of Zadorov? If we're going to use such language.
hyman was just bringing his stick up to wrangle zadorov to prevent him from cowardly trying to snap spinal cords. heros effort to be honest here

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It's good to know that the Canucks can now freely take two handed baseball swings to McDavid's ankles without consequence. Right? Since this seems to be ok? Look forward to Zadorov doing that to McDavid next game since it's apparently legal. Gutless league.

View attachment 870172

Mcdavid is off balance. He gets no power into his swing at all. To say this is a two handed baseball swing is disingenuous. This is a love tap.

Source: I played baseball and softball through high school and college

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
How much to Hyman for his attempted decapitation of Zadorov? If we're going to use such language.

Some of the Oilers fans one interacts with on here just straight up are not very bright. If we’re going to start suspensions based off that, then half the league would be suspended. The truth is that this is a league that makes rules up on the fly and yet they try to act like it’s a big 4 North American sport. There is no big 4, there’s a big 3 and then the NHL off in the distance with the bullshit they make up on the fly

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I don't like crosschecks to the neck/face. Even though Soucy was intending to crosscheck McDavid's chest, players have to be accountable for their sticks.

Clearly though, this is was only a suspension because it was against McDavid. Apparently Hyman actually targeting Zadorov's face and causing an injury did not warrant a suspension.

Reactions: Red

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Suspend one but not the other..

If you are going to suspend them. Do both.
What a joke. If only hyman had actually pushed hard snapping Zadorovs neck back.
Not even close to each other

Last edited:
  • Haha

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Mcdavid is off balance. He gets no power into his swing at all. To say this is a two handed baseball swing is disingenuous. This is a love tap.

Source: I played baseball and softball through high school and college
Source: I actually played hockey. I know how much it hurts to get a cheap two handed slash.

Since it's now legal to do, I hope every single Canucks player does it to McDavid next game. I'm not suggesting violence or injury. It's apparently a completely legal thing to do.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
What a joke. If only hyman had actually pushed hard snapping Soucys neck back.
To follow the terms of service I fully disagree

If you want a true opinion I actually think Zadorovs push in the back was worse then Soucy. Soucy was going for the chest and unfortunately McDavid was shoved down and he got hit in the face.

Hyman clearly is going for the head.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So why isn’t Hyman being suspended for the exact same play?!???
McDavis vs Zadorov, plus how Canuck players react vs Oilers players react to contact up high. it's sad but true.

Kane getting nothing for slew footing Hughes in G2 surprises me more, player with bad rep vs Hughes. If Hughes or Zadorov milked those plays. I bet it's different.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
What a joke. If only hyman had actually pushed hard snapping Soucys neck back.
You clearly didn't even watch the video since you got the wrong player. Zadorov's face has the evidence of Hyman's crosscheck all over it.

It's not close because Hyman's is far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad