Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sent Kane into the cheap seats. A spot picker indeed. The Oilers just have no physical answer.
and got a penalty for it. and would have been a powerplay if Foegele wasn't a moron.

Edmonton's powerplay has been so lethal you might as well not send out a PK unit. By all means, keep sending us to the PP.

Aug 3, 2021
1 k replies in this thread…

What happened?
Canada

full

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
and got a penalty for it. and would have been a powerplay if Foegele wasn't a moron.

Edmonton's powerplay has been so lethal you might as well not send out a PK unit. By all means, keep sending us to the PP.
He got a coincidental minor and the Canucks held the Oilers PP to a draw last night. The guy is intimidating the Oilers.
One of the best players in the series.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He got a coincidental minor and the Canucks held the Oilers PP to a draw. The guy is intimidating the Oilers.
it was offsetting because Foegele was stupid and didn't listen to his teammates.

Hyman skated right up to him and crosschecked him in the face. Edmonton's not intimidated in the slightest.

Edmonton's powerplay went 50% and you're pleased with that? You shouldn't be.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hyman's actions lost in the scuffle originally but he should've gotten supplemental discipline.
So did the Edmonton players stand up for McDavid or not at this point?

Reactions: Wretched Oil

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Edmonton fan now that Toronto's out... not that one cross-check cancels out another lol, but I don't think he was trying to go that high, I think the cross-check to McDavid by Zadorov from behind changed McDavid's height and caused the check to land higher than intended.

Couple that with the fact that McDavid did give a decent instigating slash and I think 1 game is fair, end of the day you can't cross-check a league superstar in the face after the whistle.

And I hate the Canucks almost as much as I hate the Bruins, would love to see something worthy of a 10-game suspension, but can't bring myself to feel like this was that insane.

Deserves retaliation by his teammates though.
I’ll agree with the last sentence… won’t happen though. They team did nothing to Paul Bunyan last year. Unfortunately, this team isn’t built that way… they’re soft.

It was 2 teammates committing. Blatant fouls after the game ended. Can’t use that as an argument. Soucy had every intent of cross checking McDavid high. Easy suspension decision… but it should have been at least 4.

Again, I would have rather none than one.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Edmonton fan now that Toronto's out... not that one cross-check cancels out another lol, but I don't think he was trying to go that high, I think the cross-check to McDavid by Zadorov from behind changed McDavid's height and caused the check to land higher than intended.

Couple that with the fact that McDavid did give a decent instigating slash and I think 1 game is fair, end of the day you can't cross-check a league superstar in the face after the whistle.

And I hate the Canucks almost as much as I hate the Bruins, would love to see something worthy of a 10-game suspension, but can't bring myself to feel like this was that insane.

Deserves retaliation by his teammates though.
This. If anyone deserves the suspension it’s Zadorov. His gutless cross check from behind as a 3rd man in is what caused McDavid to fall down and forward into what was, imo, not a deliberate attempt by Soucy to cross check him in the neck or head.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’ll agree with the last sentence… won’t happen though. They did nothing to Paul Bunyan last year. Unfortunately, this team is t built that way… they’re soft.

Just because 2 team mates both did something means nothing. Soucy had every intent of cross check McDavid high. Easy suspension decision… but it should have been at least 4.

Again, I would have rather none than one.
At least 4. What are you smoking?
The one game was only because it’s McDavid.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bond

May 10, 2012
One game is about right given the sequence. Hyman should have gotten a fine at least

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
goddamn I love how Nucks fans think this is over

this is the same fanbase dunking on the Oilers in November
Dunking? I mean... rightly so? We blew up your team opening night after all the hooplah about the Captain's Skate and Cup or Bust into an almost full season of Oiler fan arrogance and goal-post shifting of "wait till Christmas", "Oilers have games in hand", "PDO", etc.

We're enjoying this since many of us didn't even really expect to be here at all.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
DoPS wildly inconsistent, nobody is surprised.

Between the mind blowing GI call that had a draft kings ad in the frame, this this majorly inconsistent suspension after all the shit they let go right as the “oilers depth is an issue” conversation was really getting going

League gives no f***s about optics

Reactions: Red

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

One game seems about right. I am fine with it.

Though I am wondering why two Oiler sticks to the face that drew blood were totally ok.

McDavid stick to Hughes face cut him and no 4 minute penalty.

Hyman crosschecked Zadorov in the face on purpose, cut him open for stiches and nothing.

Seems fair

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s so refreshing to see the Canucks on the positive side of the intimidation scale for a change. I’ll take the one game suspension as long as the team continues to pound the Oiler players.
Zadarov in particular has been a force out there both physically and offensively. No Oiler wants anything to do with him.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
If Hughes is running around like a little bitch handing two-handing guys after the final whistle, I'd be 100% OK with what happened.

LOL at the cross-check that actually cut a guy not being 'violent'.

There were two cross-checks to the face in that scrum and either both are suspended or neither. Period.

Instead Zadorov's cross-check which was much less severe than Hyman's receives supplemental discipline while Hyman doesn't. It's an absolute joke unless you're an Oiler homer.

Two handing? a light slash to the shinpads after Soucy cross checks McDavid first. McDavid then retaliates with a light slash to the shinpads and then afterwards gets cross checked in the face. Wouldn't have been to the face if Zadarov doesn't cheap shot McDavid from behind though.

Aug 3, 2021
it was offsetting because Foegele was stupid and didn't listen to his teammates.

Hyman skated right up to him and crosschecked him in the face. Edmonton's not intimidated in the slightest.

Edmonton's powerplay went 50% and you're pleased with that? You shouldn't be.
Really? Cause they seemed pretty rattled. :popcorn:

Tocchet should tell Zadorov to go out there and keep doing what he does.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
The wind-up dirty slash was an overreaction to losing the game. Hyman's intentional crosscheck to the head was a massive overreaction to Soucy's accidental cross-check to the head due to the awkward position of falling forward.

Edmonton's reaction and whining was and is that of the spoiled little babies they ARE.
You’re so close to getting it - why was he awkwardly falling forward?

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Meanwhile still crickets on this or justified cause using the same arguments as to why what Soucy did was bad.

But that's none of my business

Reactions: Nopefully
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad